COLLISON INSTEAD OF KRISTIC AND CELTICS COULD STILL BE GOING FOR #18

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

COLLISON INSTEAD OF KRISTIC AND CELTICS COULD STILL BE GOING FOR #18

Although Collison earned little more than double of what Kristic made this year, it would have been a great addition and also given that he's only making two and a half mil next year. That's what watching the Grizz and the Mavs series leads me to believe. This guy is a defensive/energy machine. He would have been awesome in an organized, disciplined defensive system like the one the Celtics run. He plays center very effectively and even though he's not very tall, he's so active and so dynamic that it doesn't really matter.

Again that's all metaphorical and what's done it's done

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Re: COLLISON INSTEAD OF KRISTIC AND CELTICS COULD STILL BE GOING FOR #18

OKC is a better team w/ him on the floor instead Perk.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

In Response to Re: COLLISON INSTEAD OF KRISTIC AND CELTICS COULD STILL BE GOING FOR #18:
    Well, hindsight is always Barbara Walters territory.
    Posted by Fiercest34

And aside from 2008 and the Big 3, good moves don't seem to be Danny's either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Easy to say it now that he's playing out of his mind on the national stage. Having watched the thunder a decent amount on leaguepass, I can't say I've ever seen him playing this well before in his career. He's a nice, gritty player, but is playing out of his skin right now defensively.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Well, he does seem to play bigger than Kristic. Hell, even Semih played bigger with one shoulder. Still don't believe Kristic is 7 foot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

collison and harden and we have a ring, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If you can show us a post in the immediate aftermath of the Perkins trade where you made this Collison over Krstic point, then you will have my respect. (For example, the day after the trade, I posted my criticism of the trade, but from the vantage point of "don't trade Perk when Shaq is hurt."

If, as I suspect, this idea of Collison over Krstic is just now occuring to you as you watch this OKC-Mavs series, then you're just another armchair manager seeing things ever so clearly - but always after the fact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I am the 7th post here and nobody has mentioned the 13.5 million Collison made to the 5.5 Krstic made?!?!?!

This board is lacking in intelligence.

Some massive ignorance here.

Learn the rules of the CBA and how trades work in the NBA before you post this sh!t.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

Haven't you heard "rameakap", ignorance is bliss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

amen, ramekap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Collison signed a team friendly extension at like 3m a year for 4 years after this last bloated year of his old contract.

Although even such a fair deal could hurt 2012 cap space if that is what its all about in Danny's mind.

But obviously the main point is we'd have only been able to get him over Krstic if one of the big 4 were involved in the trade. You needed another 10 million dollar + player to make the $ work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Collison has been playing good this post season... but how good is he?

What stands out about him mainly is his hustle and the job he did defensively, 1on1, with Dirk last night.  Hes been a good player that gets involved. His numbers arent spectacular but hes making an impact.

Dont really know if hes made the same impact all season. Maybe someone that really followed him might know. Players sometimes step up during the playoffs and maybe never to be heard from again. I like what hes doing but wonder if he can do it consistenly.. Honestly, I never heard anyone talk about this guy until the playoffs got going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Nick Collison made 13.5 million dollars in a year for his basketball talents it represents the total insanity of NBA basketball. Even at his best the last two games the man still has a career average of  7.4 points a game since 2003.  What a joke.

To further extend this insanity Perkins an even more limited offensive player has signed a contract of 34 million for five years.  OKC has some great players on their roster but from a personnel basis the fiscal wisdom in these salaries is beyond stupid.  The sport needs to adjust its salary structures or it will go bankrupt in most cities it plays in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: COLLISON INSTEAD OF KRISTIC AND CELTICS COULD STILL BE GOING FOR #18:
    If Nick Collison made 13.5 million dollars in a year for his basketball talents it represents the total insanity of NBA basketball. Even at his best the last two games the man still has a career average of  7.4 points a game since 2003.  What a joke. To further extend this insanity Perkins an even more limited offensive player has signed a contract of 34 million for five years.  OKC has some great players on their roster but from a personnel basis the fiscal wisdom in these salaries is beyond stupid.  The sport needs to adjust its salary structures or it will go bankrupt in most cities it plays in.
    Posted by concord27

This article explains where the 13.3m comes from and the brilliance of the extension.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-okc-thunder-signed-nick-collison-to-an-ingenious-contract-2010-11

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rameakap,
    Thank you for the article I got all excited for nothing. I of course thought you were saying he was getting 13.5 mil per year.  The Perkins deal still looks very rich doesn't it?

Sections
Shortcuts