Combo Guards vs True PG's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Combo Guards vs True PG's

This is always something that frustrates me with some of these combo PG's in the league today.  Watching D-Rose go against the Knicks, he seems to press for his shot too much.  The guy is hurting his team in the fourth quarter by taking bad shots.  Now I'm not sitting here saying that Rose is bad, because he is obviously a great player, but I think he would be wise to trust his team.  For instance, after the team went scoreless for 7 minutes in the fourth, he tries a layup against a much bigger guy with great position.  If he drives the lane and looks to pass, he would have seen that he had Korver on the wing without anyone around.  Rose is a great scorer, but when he presses he really can hurt the team. 

Rondo is a great example of a true PG.  Lets admit that he has faults in shooting, but he runs his team very well, and has allowed 3 hall of famers to put their trust in his hands.  I would really like to see more true PG's in the future, versus today's combo guards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Re: Combo Guards vs True PG's

In Response to Combo Guards vs True PG's:
    [QUOTE]This is always something that frustrates me with some of these combo PG's in the league today.  Watching D-Rose go against the Knicks, he seems to press for his shot too much.  The guy is hurting his team in the fourth quarter by taking bad shots.  Now I'm not sitting here saying that Rose is bad, because he is obviously a great player, but I think he would be wise to trust his team.  For instance, after the team went scoreless for 7 minutes in the fourth, he tries a layup against a much bigger guy with great position.  If he drives the lane and looks to pass, he would have seen that he had Korver on the wing without anyone around.  Rose is a great scorer, but when he presses he really can hurt the team.  Rondo is a great example of a true PG.  Lets admit that he has faults in shooting, but he runs his team very well, and has allowed 3 hall of famers to put their trust in his hands.  I would really like to see more true PG's in the future, versus today's combo guards.
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

You are fogetting that the Rondo critics have only one model for a sucessful point guard in their minds. Their only model for a point guard must shoot jump shots.