Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely

Forget about how well we played without him this year.
    It is reg season.
    Fool's gold!

Perk never played above the rim, so he was highly likely to play like his fully healthy self sooner than later.

He is an immovable force with good length and grit.

We no longer have anyone with all of those qualities in one package.

Davis has the grit, but his height hurts him against Duncan, Dirk, Chandler, Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Big Z, Howard, Dampier.

Davis loses the rebounding battle there. So does Shaq and Jermaine and Kristic.

Davis can defend pnr but can't score or rebound on 7 footers. He won't be a difference maker.

Shaq,Jermaine and Kristic are too slow to stop pnr and if our bigs can't do that, how the hell do you expect to stop a steady diet of D Wade and Lebron or any other quality dribble penetrator?

If we lose the defense and rebounding battle with all of our bigs except KG, we are going nowhere.

That's why I'm upset, and hope I'm wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely

You will be wrong.  Better offense over better defense.  I think the addition of Green and Krstic give us more offense.  The Celtics play good team defense so I'm not worriedthere.  Just get the ball in the hoop.  It will be okay.  There have been other plays traded at the deadline from championship teams....look no further than DANNY AIGNES!!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

No we won't... simple as that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely:
    Posted by Getzo

When we have a 6 game 1st round match-up. I'll think of you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : When we have a 6 game 1st round match-up. I'll think of you.
    Posted by DaCeltics

In case you haven't noticed the Celtics lose to teams like the Wizards or the Bobcats because of scoring droughts, especially in the 4th qtr. 

Defense is not the problem, the Celtics are #1 in the league in opponents points allowed. 

The loss against the Lakers at the Garden is an indication of how the Celtics struggle to score when Kobe is backing off Rondo. And if Perk is in there the Celtics are playing the Lakers 3 versus 5 on offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

DaCeltics, this season, the Celtics planned to have the center position filled by committee.  No one player was expected to take on the brunt of playing time.  And when the playoffs come, I see nothing changing in that strategy.

Shaq, JON and Kristic (and any other center we may acquire) will all be counted on, by committee, to man the center spot and I think that makes that spot more flexible and, most important, deeper for the playoff run.

Perk has a history of playing Howard tough but our team defense has alot to do with that too.  Baby also does a decent job on Howard too.

I think we will be just fine in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

Posted by Getzo

Another nut job!   You'll be proven wrong. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

DaCeltics, this season, the Celtics planned to have the center position filled by committee.  No one player was expected to take on the brunt of playing time.  And when the playoffs come, I see nothing changing in that strategy. Shaq, JON and Kristic (and any other center we may acquire) will all be counted on, by committee, to man the center spot and I think that makes that spot more flexible and, most important, deeper for the playoff run. Perk has a history of playing Howard tough but our team defense has alot to do with that too.  Baby also does a decent job on Howard too. I think we will be just fine in the playoffs.
    Posted by Petey62

Aside from Shaq ( who is a health time bomb ) who cannot play long enough to be very effective, noone is intimidated ( and thus, attacking the basket less) by our centers.

How do you quantify intimidation? That's one of the things we call intangibles. Perk is an all-star at defensive intangibles.

Now we only have the big 4 in that category and I don't know if it will be enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : Another nut job!   You'll be proven wrong. 
    Posted by paul0

You a big fan of Perkins?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : Aside from Shaq ( who is a health time bomb ) who cannot play long enough to be very effective, noone is intimidated ( and thus, attacking the basket less) by our centers. How do quantify intimidation? That's one of the things we call intangibles. Perk is an all-star at defensive intangibles. Now we only have the big 4 in that category and I don't know if it will be enough.
    Posted by DaCeltics

You didn't see the last night against the Clips? 

Do not underestimate Nenad Krstic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : You didn't see the last night against the Clips?  Do not underestimate Nenad Krstic.
    Posted by P34

If he's a great starter at center, why was he in and out of the NBA?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : You a big fan of Perkins?
    Posted by P34

The Celtics were better off with Perkins than without him.  You don't believe me?  Just ask Doc. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I don't believe we have won a single playoff game where Perk was ejected or otherwise forced to play limited or no minutes at all.

That's the only stat I think about when it comes to Perk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The C's were 33-10 without Perk this year. So when you break that down it's a 3-1 ratio. So it takes 16 games to win a title so a 3-1 ratio within 16 games would garner us a CHIP and #18.

I'll take those odds!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : If he's a great starter at center, why was he in and out of the NBA?
    Posted by DaCeltics

He was not in and out of the NBA. Where did you get that info? If you're talking about the time he spent in Europe then you're mistaken. He went there because he wanted more money. Not because he's not good enough to be in the NBA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : The Celtics were better off with Perkins than without him.  You don't believe me?  Just ask Doc. 
    Posted by paul0

HAHAHA!!!

You haven't answered my question, again, are you a big fan of Kendrick Perkins?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : The Celtics were better off with Perkins than without him.  You don't believe me?  Just ask Doc. 
    Posted by paul0

Considering he did OK the trade with Danny.... I bet he'll say they are better off with the team they have...

I had no idea Perk = Bill Russell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Perk equals Parish in his prime.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : When we have a 6 game 1st round match-up. I'll think of you.
    Posted by DaCeltics

And remember I was a team guy first... not player first.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatinglue. Show eatinglue's posts

I don't believe we have won a single playoff game where Perk was ejected or otherwise forced to play limited or no minutes at all. That's the only stat I think about when it comes to Perk.
    Posted by DaCeltics

He's got a point................ But......

I'm on the fence about the trade but we did need a center now and the contract was going to be a problem. There was no real solution to the 2-3 additional weeks Perk is going to lose from the knee sprain. Without the Oneals and Quis our hand was forced. It had to be done. The additional scoring and team defense should offset the loss of Perk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Come playoffs, we will miss Perkins severely : Another nut job!   You'll be proven wrong. 
    Posted by paul0

Crazy is excessive..... you opinion is just as valid as mine. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I don't believe we have won a single playoff game where Perk was ejected or otherwise forced to play limited or no minutes at all. That's the only stat I think about when it comes to Perk.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Very valid point! Hopefully we are on new turf. We have to understand if Perk is the same as he once was... if he is, we have lost a true and valiant warrior and expose the team to dysfunction and failure.. If not I am glad that Perk has the potential to realize a higher value than he would have had with the C''s. At any rate I wish him well .he has been a significant part in a resurrection of the Boston Celtics!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I've been watching sports long enough to smell trouble.

This has all the makings of a premature destruction of a proven winning formula.

Like the Bulls dropping Phil Jackson despite Jordan's warnings. Those Bulls were contenders until then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I've been watching sports long enough to smell trouble. This has all the makings of a premature destruction of a proven winning formula. Like the Bulls dropping Phil Jackson despite Jordan's warnings. Those Bulls were contenders until then.
    Posted by DaCeltics

what are you talking about?

1998?

You mean when MJ retired and the Bulls rebuilt?

Sections
Shortcuts