Comments RE: "Globe's" PREMATURE TO BREAK UP....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Comments RE: "Globe's" PREMATURE TO BREAK UP....

"There is little reason the Celtics could not bring the Big Three back for at least another season.”  I agree !!!  Our biggest need to supplement the Big 3 and keeping what could be the best PG duo in Celtic history, Rondo & AB, and Bass, Pietrus, Stiemsma & returning Wilcox & Green, IS 2, AT LEAST, BIG BANGERS 6’-11"-7 FT CENTERS ! If we can’t get Hibbert from Indy & maybe even D.Howard, KG could control his antics, we go to the draft for the 2 best biggies available, trading up if possible.

Although there maybe potential in some of these, they are all expendable: Daniels, Dooling, Hollins, JJ, Moore, Pavlovic & Williams.

What do you guys think ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Comments RE: "Globe's" PREMATURE TO BREAK UP....

Agreed w/the column, & with what you added--here's hoping they keep the guys for another run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It all comes down to cost.  KG at a lesser contract is worth it, but let's see what this team can do before we decide to re-sign him.  If they lose before the ECF, is it worth a reunion tour? If you re-sign KG, I don't think the C's can make a rich enough offer to Hibbert that would preclude Indy from matching, assuming he's an RFA.  There are some interesting pieces in place, hopefully Danny can bring in a difference maker via the draft.  What a bad year to be holding a wad of cash headed into FA though!   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Pretty funny that a year ago everybody was so hyped up about all the stars that would be available for the celts in FA....might turn out to be a bust.
    Given that I agree with trying to keep the big 3 here but not at all costs, and they have to accept lesser roles (except pierce).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Jeff Green returns, and his cost is really all over the place from vet min to slightly over the MLE in my mind, then we'd be really in business next year.

I think once Green returns it has to be an either/or with Ray and Peaches... can't have both back when you consider Bradley will continue to develop and require more minutes and Green will play a lot of SF.

If we have 25 million in space and spend it on 1 year deals like this:

KG - 8
    Bass - 4 (PO)
    Green - 4
    Pietrus OR Ray - 3

Then we'd only have enough money to offer like a 4 year 30 million deal... MAYBE KG takes 6-7 million and Green 2-3 so we can offer a 4 years 40-44 million deal to ONE FA.

If Bass declines his option I'd say we try to move him in a sign and trade, we could give him like 5/30, the 5th year being key, and maybe combine him with a draft pick for a legit big man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The only guys I'd see taking 1 year deals are veterans like Antawn Jamison, Chris Kaman, Chauncey Billups and Andre Miller. As long as you offer them more for 1 year than the likely 2 year MLE deals they'd get elsewhere (Kaman could even get a 3 year deal in the 20-30 range)