compulsory reading for rondo critics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: compulsory reading for rondo critics

This thread will go to sewer  -- I know it's directed to Dudder.

It's hard to measure Rondos skills. He is a complementary type player. Surround him with 4 future hall of Famers and he will shine.
    We don't know the degree of his skills if the Celtics will build a team
      (start from scratch & he is the star PG).

You can measure Rose skills with Chicago team & Chris Paul in his hornet.
    These teams are 2nd tier but try to measure a PG with a 1st tier team like the Celtics...you will get lost.
    All I know, Rose and Paul both highly picked at the draft. Therefore, measured and decided to be a premier & franchise PG.

The article is bias & Boston based.

Dudder is clear, he said: To me it is very simple - the degree to which he can be overrated is not even measurable.

Put him on a bad team and he is exposed - shelter him on a good team and he is covered up."

no hate here, just highly educated analysis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: compulsory reading for rondo critics:
    [QUOTE]This thread will go to sewer  -- I know it's directed to Dudder. It's hard to measure Rondos skills. He is a complementary type player. Surround him with 4 future hall of Famers and he will shine. We don't know the degree of his skills if the Celtics will build a team   (start from scratch & he is the star PG). You can measure Rose skills with Chicago team & Chris Paul in his hornet. These teams are 2nd tier but try to measure a PG with a 1st tier team like the Celtics...you will get lost. All I know, Rose and Paul both highly picked at the draft. Therefore, measured and decided to be a premier & franchise PG. The article is bias & Boston based. Dudder is clear, he said: To me it is very simple - the degree to which he can be overrated is not even measurable. Put him on a bad team and he is exposed - shelter him on a good team and he is covered up." no hate here, just highly educated analysis.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Well Che to me it is obvious that barring injury or other problems which he looks like he has none of...Rondo will be in the hall of fame. I thought the same thing when I watched him his first season with the young guys he was playing with.

I think he plays the point guard position in a way that takes advantage of his enormous physical and intellectual talent and the critics on here can't see that there is a new, better,Rondo way to play the point. And it is definitely working and is definitely measurable in wins, steals, assists, team assists, and the comments of almost every professional pundit, Doc, Heinsohn, Cousy, Barkley, etc. etc. etc.

Dudder is way off the mark. He almost stands alone in his opinion. Not totally alone as he has a former high school point guard on here and a couple of others with him. His final assessment was made too early in Rondo's career and he has not changed a lick since.

His analysis may be educated but what do they call highly educated people who get stuck in their own education and can't solve problems for beans when it doesn't fit their educated model? I'll help you. The are called educated fools.

The only good news we have is now that Perk is back we can expect a flurry of anti Perk posts from Dudder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I think its too early to put him in the HOF yet. I'm really curious how his impact on the team will be once he won't be surrounded by HOFers anymore.
    This is not meant as a knock on rondo, as I like him, but I think its just realistic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]I think its too early to put him in the HOF yet. I'm really curious how his impact on the team will be once he won't be surrounded by HOFers anymore. This is not meant as a knock on rondo, as I like him, but I think its just realistic.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
     Rondo is surrounded by "old" HOFers. He is picking apart defenses and finding them where they can still be successful. Putting the ball exactly where Shaq needs it to be on the lob, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]I think its too early to put him in the HOF yet. I'm really curious how his impact on the team will be once he won't be surrounded by HOFers anymore. This is not meant as a knock on rondo, as I like him, but I think its just realistic.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

Ok so the potential hall of famer then. I think his style of play enhances everyone he plays with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

HOF may be a stretch. Great player, but he's not even the best PG in the league right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

[QUOTE]HOF may be a stretch. Great player, but he's not even the best PG in the league right now.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of players in the HOF that were not the best at their position... As a matter of fact, there wouldn't be many people in the HOF if they only took the best from each position in each era.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Rondo will be in the HOF... It's way too early in his career.. I'm just saying that "he's not even the best PG in the league right now" is not a good argument.
    To counter dudder's statement, it would also be easy to UNDERestimate Rondo because he is playing in a system where he is not the sole scorer or savior.  Rose MUST score and score efficiently, Chris Paul must score and score efficiently.  I very very highly doubt Rose could set up the Big 3 and the rest of the Celtics the way Rondo does, and I also doubt Paul could either.  That goes to Rondo's credit.  I also doubt that Rondo could score the same way as Rose... but the point that a lot of people have made and are making is that he does not have to.  That would actually be detrimental to the team most of the time.  Sure, sometimes we need some extra scoring power, and for the most part he steps up.  He has proven he can drive and score, and his jumper is getting much better.  No, he's not Ray Allen... but last time I checked Ray Allen can't hold a candle to Rondo in terms of ball handling, passing, and general playmaking.
    Why don't we all sit back and watch what Rondo becomes rather than fighting over things we don't know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Why don't we all sit back and watch what Rondo becomes rather than fighting over things we don't know.

I agree!
    That's why I said from the beginning this thread will go no where.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]Why don't we all sit back and watch what Rondo becomes rather than fighting over things we don't know. I agree! That's why I said from the beginning this thread will go no where.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

OH really I though you said Dudder was making educated analysis and I disagree for the reasons previously stated. Are you or are you not saying that dudder is making educated analysis which implies that you agree with him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

the "Future Hall of Famers" argument hasnt much merit, bc its not like these guys are all ripe in thier primes. yes they are great players, but again, they cant win a ring alone, they need rondo. and Rondo creates shots that anyone can make. If its the case of being with good players, why doesnt Mario Chalmers have 10-15 assists per game? why doesnt Jameer Nelson have 8-10 a game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Rondo is a star.  He has a big hole in his game: his inability/reluctance to shoot.  But his game just fits in beautifully with who the Celts are.  We are better off with Rondo setting up others to score.

Regarding Rondo's inability/reluctance to score, lets not be too hasty in judging him.  After all, who would have predicted that Jason Kidd will become a decent shooter?  Put Rondo in a different system and, if needed, his scoring and shooting will improve.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics have shot 51.2 percent from the field in the games Rondo has played in, compared to just 47.4 percent in the time he missed. Boston has averaged 26.1 assists per game with Rondo, and only 20.8 when he was out (which would rank them 18th in the NBA, tied with the Cleveland Cavaliers, who have lost 18 straight games). Furthermore, the Celtics have scored exactly 1,300 field goals in Rondo's 33 games, and 66 percent of those baskets were assisted on. In the 11 games Rondo missed, the Celtics produced 397 field goals, and only 57.6 percent of them were assisted on.

WOW

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

The best is a matter of being the right player, on the right team, at the right time, if winning is the goal.  so, no matter how it is broken down, Rondo is the right player, on the right team, at the right time.  this is a great team and I'm drinking up every game of this era because it is fun to watch a winning team.  they're a great team, Rondo is a huge part of that, so - he's a great player.  you can argue individual merits till the cows come home, but it is a team game.  Rondo and Perk are the only starter in the prime of their career, so you could easily use that point to argue that they are the one's carrying the older players to win games, by putting in more minutes, and making more intangible plays, and having more nrg on the floor, and not taking plays off.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Put Rondo in a different system and, if needed, his scoring and shooting will improve.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Well, that remains to be seen, doesn't it? I hope you're right though.
    It certainly would make the rebuilding process easier.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: compulsory reading for rondo critics :  Rondo is surrounded by "old" HOFers. He is picking apart defenses and finding them where they can still be successful.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, three of the 4 are still elite. All 4 are experienced beyond comparison really. The job of any point guard is easier with guys like that around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]the "Future Hall of Famers" argument hasnt much merit, bc its not like these guys are all ripe in thier primes. yes they are great players, but again, they cant win a ring alone, they need rondo. and Rondo creates shots that anyone can make. If its the case of being with good players, why doesnt Mario Chalmers have 10-15 assists per game? why doesnt Jameer Nelson have 8-10 a game?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

and Rondo needs them as well.

Sections
Shortcuts