Confused, again - Help!! Rame? Fierce? Help me out here!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Confused, again - Help!! Rame? Fierce? Help me out here!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217468/McRoberts_May_Sign_With_Lakers

Please explain how they could offer him MORE money than the Griz?  Aren't they in Lux Tax Status?  Didn't they give their MLE to Kapnono??

What is going on, and why can't WE sign this guy for "more" money??

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Confused, again - Help!! Rame? Fierce? Help me out here!!

I would like to get the answer to that question.

I do know the Lakers received a Traded Player Exception in the Odom trade to Dallas and that may be used to allow them to obtain McRoberts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The guy would have been perfect for us.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Kapono signed for the Vet Min. Lakers still have there Mini MLE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't think they can just sign  a guy with that money.  It's an exception, I think that means they can take on a bad contract in a trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The Lakers can use the Traded Player Exception by trading only a draft pick to Indiana as long as McRoberts signs with Indiana for $8.9 or less and then is traded to the Lakers.

http://www.mercurynews.com/other-sports/ci_19526820

The Lakers received a first-round draft pick in 2012 and a traded-player exception worth Odom's salary this season, $8.9 million. The exception means the Lakers can obtain a player from another team by trading only a draft pick if the player makes less than $9 million. Teams have one year to use a traded-player exception.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Confused, again - Help!! Rame? Fierce? Help me out here!!:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers can use the Traded Player Exception by trading only a draft pick to Indiana as long as McRoberts signs with Indiana for $8.9 or less and then is traded to the Lakers. http://www.mercurynews.com/other-sports/ci_19526820 The Lakers received a first-round draft pick in 2012 and a traded-player exception worth Odom's salary this season, $8.9 million. The exception means the Lakers can obtain a player from another team by trading only a draft pick if the player makes less than $9 million. Teams have one year to use a traded-player exception.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Then don't trade him!!  C'mon Larry, what are doing??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Unless the Lakers are looking to make a big trade, I can't understand why they would look to acquire McRoberts.  He's a back-up at best.  Or maybe the Lakers don't see Bynum (or Gasol) in their long term plans and need another big.

If both Bynum and Gasol stay, McRoberts won't get alot of minutes.  New coach Brown is implementing his own style and is obviously abandoning that Phil Jackson triangle offense.  McRoberts is going to take the role that Varajeo has in Cleveland (Brown's old team).

The Lakers will be seriously hampered at the SF spot with World Peace and Matt Barnes as well as at the PG with Fisher and Blake.  And they better pray that Bynum doesn't sustain another injury or they are DONE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey:   And they better pray that Bynum doesn't sustain another injury or they are DONE.

True, Petey, but most top teams have to pray that none of their top 2 or 3 players don't sustain an injury or they are done.   If KG goes down, we're done.  So, I think the Lakers are no worse off than Heat (Wade's injury history), Celts, Knicks (Amare's injury earlier in career), etc.

They are building up front court strength to have backups when Gasol and/or Bynum are gone in a trade for Howard.  NOt a bad move on their part given that they had the exception to use.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.