CONGRATS to RAY ALLEN!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

CONGRATS to RAY ALLEN!!!!

Congrats to Ray Allen!!!  He's now a TWO-TIME-NBA-CHAMP!!!

P.S.

For haterz: Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.  lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Re: CONGRATS to RAY ALLEN!!!!

In response to darkman20's comment:

P.S.

yah yah yah the ringchaser sacrificed being an icon forever in Boston for winning another Championship. The problem for the ringchaser is when he comes back to Boston and he receives the Johnny Damonesque treatment. Darkman it looks like the ringchaser has no home in Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray was a huge part in this championship... being Mr Clutch on both ends of the court in game 6 to save the Heat from going down.

Who were the people here making fun of Ray saying he was no good or washed up?? Shows what they know about basketball

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:

P.S.

yah yah yah the ringchaser sacrificed being an icon forever in Boston for winning another Championship. The problem for the ringchaser is when he comes back to Boston and he receives the Johnny Damonesque treatment. Darkman it looks like the ringchaser has no home in Boston.

Hes already been back to Boston and the Boos rolled off his back... but next time he comes, he'll be wearing 2 championship rings on his fingers... something nobody else on the Celtics can fashion...

Who really had the last laugh??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

P.S.

I got news for you.  Every NBA player is a ringchaser.  And if he's not one, I probably wouldn't want him on my team. 

Fact: 1 year after Ray is gone, the Celtics are a complete mess.  It appears KG, and Doc, after all their talk of loyalty appears to also have 1 foot out the door.  If Pierce could, he'd probably leave too. 

Ray was the snowflake that started the Big 3, and it appears he is also the snowflake that causes the avalance that ends the big 3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Honestly Ray Allen was my favorite player in Boston!

Surpirised i didnt even feel a bit happy about him winning a 2nd ring, but at same time im not sitting here pissed he got it. Although to be honest that 3 in game 6 had me feeling a little upset and reminicent of all those huge clutch shots he hit for us.

He decided to leave because he thought he had a better chance and was tired of being a decoy in the corner, well he was right and got the ring..props for that.

I just think he will opt out and not return to the Heat.

The main reason he left was because his role got smaller and smaller here in Boston. Well down in Miami it is was significantly less of a role than i bet he hoped for. I predict he leaves Miami and goes for another contender where Mike Miller and Shane Battier wont be taking his minutes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

P.S.

Hes already been back to Boston and the Boos rolled off his back... but next time he comes, he'll be wearing 2 championship rings on his fingers... something nobody else on the Celtics can fashion...

LOL. 

Also, KG, Pierce, and Doc might no longer be here.  Oh well, I guess Ray can show his 2 rings to his old buddy Rondo.  Sarcasm can be so much fun. ha 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to allen2034's comment:

Surpirised i didnt even feel a bit happy about him winning a 2nd ring, but at same time im not sitting here pissed he got it. Although to be honest that 3 in game 6 had me feeling a little upset and reminicent of all those huge clutch shots he hit for us.

He decided to leave because he thought he had a better chance and was tired of being a decoy in the corner, well he was right and got the ring..props for that.

The main reason he left was because his role got smaller and smaller here in Boston. Well down in Miami it is was significantly less of a role than i bet he hoped for. I predict he leaves Miami and goes for another contender where Mike Miller and Shane Battier wont be taking his minutes.

You might be right.  I agree with you about Ray.  His decision to leave the Celtics wasn't about the money but mostly about winning another championship.   He wasn't going to resign with the Celtics despite the significant difference in salary.  Not sure that he will leave Miami but he definitely might. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I totally agree. Ray was a free agent. Ray did what Ray needed to do. How would you feel if you gave it your all and come very trade deadline you're being dangled out there.  Ray made his legacy. I don't hate him for leaving. As much as I couldn't stand miami I congratulate them for winning back to back. Ray came through in the clutch rspecially in the end of game 6.

P.S.

LOL. 

Also, KG, Pierce, and Doc might no longer be here.  Oh well, I guess Ray can show his 2 rings to his old buddy Rondo.  Sarcasm can be so much fun. ha 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Ray was a huge part in this championship... being Mr Clutch on both ends of the court in game 6 to save the Heat from going down.

Who were the people here making fun of Ray saying he was no good or washed up?? Shows what they know about basketball

I think many were just disappointed(including myself) with how he left. When the going got tough, he bailed for the easy chance to win another ring. Simple. It was an easy shot at another ring since he was surrounded by youth, compared to the Cs roster. So I will not offer any congrats for that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Good thing they didn't need Ray Allen who shot 0-2 in threes and 0-4 and ended up zero points but, I guess, his critical shot in game 6, at least mentally, earns him a right to a ring. I still wish the only ring he got was the one with KG & PP.

Duncan was awesome & dominated the paint ! And what hurts is for the bad luck roll of dice he could have been in Green all these years. There is always a bit of luck involved in sports. Ginobili a hero in game 5 stunk in 6 and 7 and caused almost as many turnovers as points but he really couldn't be replaced by Green & Neal who were 2-9 in threes.

There is always a bit of luck in sports. Battier had averaged 4 points in previous games and hit 6 threes.  Not really easy for Pop as Miami has many 3 point shooters, Allen, Battier, Chalmers, Miller, Wade, LeBron & even Bosh and on any given night 1 or 2 can get hot as did Battier. I assume Allen would have  played more had Battier missed a few.  And, of course, no body really can stop LeBron from driving to the  basket.

The better team won and I feel good that we brought them to 7 games with our ageing players and injured players to within 3-4 minutes of winning the Eastern Conference finals last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Darkman I'm sure you won't mind if I don't do cartwheels over the success of the Celtics chief rivals the last couple of years. 

I don't congratulate Ray Allen but I will say he hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history now that the series is won. 

"Who were the people here making fun of Ray saying he was no good or washed up??"

I didn't make fun of him but I did make fun of some folks who claimed a. he was an All Star this year (that's ridiculous) or (more common) b. that the Celtics season would have turned out differently if Allen was on our team.  No on both of those points, an obvious no. 

Ray made the right choice. On the Heat he was a role player. Battier was arguably more significant overall, Ray didn't have a good series. 

But: Ray made the one shot that he came here to make, the one shot you want him taking - not Battier or Miller or even Lebron. 

So Ray's season was a success. But he is now a Robert Horry style role player. Not a bad thing to be, I think Horry deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for his post season heroics...and of course Allen has a much deeper career than Horry and Allen is a lock first ballot Hall of Famer. 

Oh, one more change on my end. I used to say up until this postseason for one huge shot I would take Reggie Miller over anyone. I'm changing that to Allen now. He's done it too many times for me to hold some of his finals Celtics bricks against him. To go up for that shot and not even have to look down at the line, and to jump behind the line to shoot, that's an incredible shot. 

I don't congratulate him in the least but I tip my cap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

You can't blame Ray for leaving a horribly dysfunctional Celtic situation (both on and off the court) that would not be getting better anytime soon... for a chance at another ring.

His leaving was ugly and bitter, no question. What he left behind was ugly and bitter too as the current mess sans RA reveals.

Divorces are frequently initiated by the healthier party wanting/demanding better circumstances.

To his credit, Ray found his.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to allen2034's comment:

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Darkman I'm sure you won't mind if I don't do cartwheels over the success of the Celtics chief rivals the last couple of years. 

I don't congratulate Ray Allen but I will say he hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history now that the series is won. 

"Who were the people here making fun of Ray saying he was no good or washed up??"

I didn't make fun of him but I did make fun of some folks who claimed a. he was an All Star this year (that's ridiculous) or (more common) b. that the Celtics season would have turned out differently if Allen was on our team.  No on both of those points, an obvious no. 

Ray made the right choice. On the Heat he was a role player. Battier was arguably more significant overall, Ray didn't have a good series. 

But: Ray made the one shot that he came here to make, the one shot you want him taking - not Battier or Miller or even Lebron. 

So Ray's season was a success. But he is now a Robert Horry style role player. Not a bad thing to be, I think Horry deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for his post season heroics...and of course Allen has a much deeper career than Horry and Allen is a lock first ballot Hall of Famer. 

Oh, one more change on my end. I used to say up until this postseason for one huge shot I would take Reggie Miller over anyone. I'm changing that to Allen now. He's done it too many times for me to hold some of his finals Celtics bricks against him. To go up for that shot and not even have to look down at the line, and to jump behind the line to shoot, that's an incredible shot. 

Pretty much what I wrote and felt as well. Going to the proverbial favorites does not equate to congratulations, but tipping my cap for the shot I will concur on

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont feel Ray betrayed the Celtics. At first I wasnt so thrilled he went to the Heat of all places (Lakers wouldnt have felt as bad). In retrospect, he didnt like how Doc was using him  or cow towing to RR's game of stats and ball hogging.   Its also no secret Ray and RR had their differences.

He made the move cause Doc wasnt gonna change.. and with Lebron recruiting him to a championship team, how can you blame the guy.  He made the correct move for him and thats all he should be concerned with... not some misplaced loyalty to the Celtics who reduced his role to that of a decoy.

I wouldnt be surprised some day Ray writes a book about his career and mentions the prowess of Doc as a head coach and strategist in a not so positive light...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Respectfully, I disagree with you about Battier being more important than Ray, especially in the playoffs where Battier didn't have 1 good game until game 7.   Ray has been the most productive of the role players.  I would say Ray deserves most of the credit for how easily the Heats took care of the Bucks in the first round and got Wade all that rest he needed for his knee.  

Ray was also tremendous for the final dozen games of the regular season when Wade, and Battier were injured, and Lebron was resting, and play huge in role in getting the top seed for the Heats, which payoff with homecourt for game 7.

Ray struggle towards the end of the Bulls and most of the Pacers series because of great defense when they decided to make an effort to not let Ray get open shots and force Wade and Lebron to score, and that was when the Heats started struggling.

Ray was tremendous for most of the finals series though, except third and final game, but even in those games he play a role by opening the floor for Lebron and Wade, just look at his +/- in the series, it's been very good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

P.S.

+1 comrade. i 've been getting banned for daring to start counter-koolaid threads like this. i will reduce the frequency but love that peeps like u are out there to carry on the tradition, diehards be damnnned! ray is the man, solidified his HOF credentials.. talking definite second ballot guy (like reggie).. then again reggie never won anything! ray > reggie! luv to c ALL ex-celts thrive!

No one should be banned for being objective and just point out the obvious.  I say keep up the good work.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Respectfully, I disagree with you about Battier being more important than Ray, especially in the playoffs where Battier didn't have 1 good game until game 7.   Ray has been the most productive of the role players.  I would say Ray deserves most of the credit for how easily the Heats took care of the Bucks in the first round and got Wade all that rest he needed for his knee.  

Ray was also tremendous for the final dozen games of the regular season when Wade, and Battier were injured, and Lebron was resting, and play huge in role in getting the top seed for the Heats, which payoff with homecourt for game 7.

Ray struggle towards the end of the Bulls and most of the Pacers series because of great defense when they decided to make an effort to not let Ray get open shots and force Wade and Lebron to score, and that was when the Heats started struggling.

Ray was tremendous for most of the finals series though, except third and final game, but even in those games he play a role by opening the floor for Lebron and Wade, just look at his +/- in the series, it's been very good.

+1

Ray was by far the most important role layer of miami in the postseason (just look at the the games with 20+ points outside of James). The bulls and indiana series was a struggle on offense, but don't undervalue his D in the indiana series. From full court pressure on Hill to 1vs1 on Paul George (a small forward, which gave James the opportunity to guard West in all 4th quarters). Ray +/- for the entire postseason, not only the finals, is off the charts, I read somewhere it is around +150. Besides 2 games, he was a better player than Wade on BOTH ends of the floor in the finals IMO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

He is a good back up 2 gaurd.  He obviously isnt near the player he used to be. He played well for Miami in the playoffs.

Not sure what all the hahas are about.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

He is a good back up 2 gaurd.  He obviously isnt near the player he used to be. He played well for Miami in the playoffs.

Not sure what all the hahas are about.  

I think the "hahahas" are for the Ray Allen haterz.  You know the ones that posted on here at the beginning of the year, bragging about how much better the Celts would be with Lee and Terry, and that the Celts are better off without Ray because he is washed up and they didn't care where Ray went because the Celts are gonna take down Miami and win the Championship...blah blah blah.  

But then off course Terry and Lee stunk up the joint and we all know the ending to that story. 

One poster on this board illustrates this regress from Celtic positiveness to negativeness best: he  first states that the Celts are re-tooling, then it devolved to rebuilding, and finally climaxed to trade everyone.  lol. 

Of course the same haters that claim they don't care about Ray, yet follows him around and makes Ray Allen hate threads, whenever Ray has a bad game, has all of a sudden become silent.  

So, I guess, the hahahas are for them.

Sections
Shortcuts