Congratulations to Avery Bradley!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Congratulations to Avery Bradley!

Congratulations to Avery Bradley! He's on the NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM!

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/13/all-defensive-team-official-release/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt6d

And the second year in a row the DPOY is not on the all-defensive first team! How is that  happening?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Congratulations to Avery Bradley!

That is quite an achievement, especially if you consider, that he missed half of the season and also hit the wall in the end.

And you are right: It is interesting that the DPOY is not in the first team, especially when there are 2 Centers in the first team.

Anyway, obviously currently Bigs are overrated in this league on the defensive end. Or the wings underrated.

More interesting: Someone voted for MIKE JAMES from Dallas?!?! I mean already Kobe is a stretch but Mike James? Come on!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Call me crazy, but if they ever get a full healty year together, AB and RR could both make the 1st/2nd all defensive teams in the same year.

Bring on the Rondo Hate!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

That is quite an achievement, especially if you consider, that he missed half of the season and also hit the wall in the end.

And you are right: It is interesting that the DPOY is not in the first team, especially when there are 2 Centers in the first team.

Anyway, obviously currently Bigs are overrated in this league on the defensive end. Or the wings underrated.

More interesting: Someone voted for MIKE JAMES from Dallas?!?! I mean already Kobe is a stretch but Mike James? Come on!

Wow, didn't even notice that! :) I think someone just confused LeBron with Mike!

Agreed, very impressive but he deserved it.

And i don't think that e.g. Marc Gasol is overrated. The players are literally scared to go to the rim.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

1) Wow, didn't even notice that! :) I think someone just confused LeBron with Mike!

2) Agreed, very impressive but he deserved it.

3) And i don't think that e.g. Marc Gasol is overrated. The players are literally scared to go to the rim.

1) Haha, maybe you are right. Lebron James ? Mike James ? Ah, Any James would do it^^

2) I think so too. If he would be a few inch taller, it would be sooo great.

3) It is not Marc Gasol in particular, it is just my feeling that only tall players can win a DPOY award. When was the last time a non 5 or 4 won the title? It is a shame anyway that Pippen never won that title...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo didn't get a single vote. Garnett didn't either. Very depressing but little surprise.

AB plays half a season and gets 2nd team. Very impressive.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Congratulations Avery.

Congratulations Tony Allen, the leading vote getter in this coaches poll.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to Fields4's comment:

1) Wow, didn't even notice that! :) I think someone just confused LeBron with Mike!

2) Agreed, very impressive but he deserved it.

3) And i don't think that e.g. Marc Gasol is overrated. The players are literally scared to go to the rim.

1) Haha, maybe you are right. Lebron James ? Mike James ? Ah, Any James would do it^^

2) I think so too. If he would be a few inch taller, it would be sooo great.

3) It is not Marc Gasol in particular, it is just my feeling that only tall players can win a DPOY award. When was the last time a non 5 or 4 won the title? It is a shame anyway that Pippen never won that title...

Well, the height's a natural advantage and if you can use it properly on the defensive end then it will be hard for your opponents to score. Also perimeter players are very quick and explosive so it's difficult for their vis-a-vis to contain them. In addition today's rules favor offensive players.

Sections
Shortcuts