Congratulations!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Congratulations!!!!!

In response to realdfury13's comment:

To Kobe Bryant for passing Wilt Chamberlain tonight for 4th in the all-time scoring list.

Vino24

Oh I thought this was going to the mavs for priming to knock the Lakers out of the 8th seed. 

Oh Wait! Utah beat them there. Back to the lottery (without a pick!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Yes, congratulations to Kome.  Even though I hate him much, this is time to acknowledge his accomplishment.  Can't resist calling him Kome though.  A great scorer, an outstanding defender and a pathetic person.

And congratulations to Tommy for acquiring a new identity:realdfury13.  Hoepfully this incarnation will not be as pathetic.  Talk about a pathetic attempt to gather sympathy by mentioning his daughter's problems on the forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Wilt would break koME in half!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This is Lakers spam and should be posted in Around the NBA, not the Celtics forum. This post has nothing whatsoever to do with the Celtics. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Too bad he need an extra four years in the NBA to do it!!!!!! Doesn't count!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

This is Lakers spam and should be posted in Around the NBA, not the Celtics forum. This post has nothing whatsoever to do with the Celtics. 

You are right this belongs in around the NBA. You should also tell your fellow poaters to stop posting about the Lakers here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You are right this belongs in around the NBA. You should also tell your fellow poaters to stop posting about the Lakers here"

So we agree. This thread belongs in a different forum. Yes, all Lakers posts should go in the Around the NBA forum. 

Thanks for wasting all our time with that meaningless clarification.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

This is also what Wilt did to the 215 pound Bill Russell.

oh.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

on Bill Russell.....

Wilt Chamberlain..."he was the toughest for me to play against"

Jerry West after losing yet again to the Celts in 1969..."If I had my pick of any one player to build a team around, it would definitely be Bill Russell...no question"...

Russ cared about winning championships more than individual statistics.....that mindset was what set him apart from every other player in league history

From 1954/55 through 1968/69 he accomplished the following:

Led the University of San Francisco to back to back undefeated seasons and won two national titles

Led the USA to the Gold Medal in the 1956 Olympics

Led the Boston Celtics to the NBA Finals twelve times in 13 years, winning 11 NBA Titles

That is a total of 14 rings over a 15 year span.....the man was a winner who made everyone around him elevate their game...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

on Bill Russell.....

Wilt Chamberlain..."he was the toughest for me to play against"

Jerry West after losing yet again to the Celts in 1969..."If I had my pick of any one player to build a team around, it would definitely be Bill Russell...no question"...

Russ cared about winning championships more than individual statistics.....that mindset was what set him apart from every other player in league history

From 1954/55 through 1968/69 he accomplished the following:

Led the University of San Francisco to back to back undefeated seasons and won two national titles

Led the USA to the Gold Medal in the 1956 Olympics

Led the Boston Celtics to the NBA Finals twelve times in 13 years, winning 11 NBA Titles

That is a total of 14 rings over a 15 year span.....the man was a winner who made everyone around him elevate their game...

And don't forget to mention, in 1958 he sprained his ankle in the finals against the Hawks and could not play.  They would have easily won that year as well.  Comparing anyone to Russell is impossible, nobody has achieved what he has so there are no comparisons.

I know you know this Duke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

This is also what Wilt did to the 215 pound Bill Russell.

Factually incorrect

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yep, he hurt his ankle in game three and the Celts lost the series.....I think Russell's greatest quote revolved around the fact that, although the players left the game one by one, the Celtics  kept on winning....as he put in 1969...."the spokes change but the wheel just keeps on rolling.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with you.  This shouldn't be posted on this forum and should be moved to around the NBA. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Agree with you.  This shouldn't be posted on this forum and should be moved to around the NBA. 

Yes, but we all know Tommy plays by his own rules, in his own room, with himself!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Using the ring to determine the degree of greatness.  

Russ 11--Wilt 2

Sanders 8--Baylor1

KC Jones 8--  West 1

S Jones 10-- Robertson 1

Heinsohn 8-- Pettit 1

Many years ago I also used the RING to prove that  Russ was better than Wilt. I also used the RING to prove that the Yankee Clipper was better than Ted Williams and Mantle was better than Willie mays. As the years passed I was able to  tone down my Favorite Team bias and take a more detached view of the players. Perhaps my view on this matter changed during the Bird-Magic years when the ring count favored Magic over Bird.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a loyal, passionate, fan of your favorite team. Been there,done that but I guess that old age has mellowed my views to a great extent.

I always enjoy these posts on player comparisons as well as post on the old timers vs the present day players and teams. Keep them coming.

Seems

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:

Russ 11--Wilt 2

Sanders 8--Baylor1

KC Jones 8--  West 1

S Jones 10-- Robertson 1

Heinsohn 8-- Pettit 1

Many years ago I also used the RING to prove that  Russ was better than Wilt. I also used the RING to prove that the Yankee Clipper was better than Ted Williams and Mantle was better than Willie mays. As the years passed I was able to  tone down my Favorite Team bias and take a more detached view of the players. Perhaps my view on this matter changed during the Bird-Magic years when the ring count favored Magic over Bird.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a loyal, passionate, fan of your favorite team. Been there,done that but I guess that old age has mellowed my views to a great extent.

I always enjoy these posts on player comparisons as well as post on the old timers vs the present day players and teams. Keep them coming.

Seems

My students were having a conversation the other day....who is  better Trout or Harper?

I bought up Williams and DiMaggio (of course, neither will be as good), and said the debate has raged for years.  No one will say Ted was a bad player............but I hope we can agree :

Ted (Harper) was the better hitter

Joe D (Trout) was the better overall player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Russ 11--Wilt 2

Sanders 8--Baylor1

KC Jones 8--  West 1

S Jones 10-- Robertson 1

Heinsohn 8-- Pettit 1

Seems

My students were having a conversation the other day....who is  better Trout or Harper?

I bought up Williams and DiMaggio (of course, neither will be as good), and said the debate has raged for years.  No one will say Ted was a bad player............but I hope we can agree :

Ted (Harper) was the better hitter

Joe D (Trout) was the better overall player.

Red 16 Russ 11

Going out to dinner in a few minutes. I'll get back to you in about 4 hours.

Seems

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Russ 11--Wilt 2

Sanders 8--Baylor1

KC Jones 8--  West 1

S Jones 10-- Robertson 1

Heinsohn 8-- Pettit 1

Seems

Robert Horry - 7 rings

Charles Barkley - 0 rings

Karl Malone - 0 rings

Robert Horry - 7 rings.

Nash- 0 rings.

Howard- o rings.

I like this game.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts