Corey Brewer is available

https://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/42341835812765696

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Re: Corey Brewer is available

I agree!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think the knicks realized that Walker is the better player so they don't want Brewer anymore.  Too bad, we can't have Walker instead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

I'd welcome him with open arms.  Another defender to throw and the King for a few minutes again and he is long...    Don't let him shoot though Doc..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

In Response to Re: Corey Brewer is available:
    I think the knicks realized that Walker is the better player so they don't want Brewer anymore.  Too bad, we can't have Walker instead.
    Posted by scubber

I know, he is a decent player and i wish we could have seen a little more of him, before letting him go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I like Walker better.  Knee issue is a concern but offensively, Walker is better.  Brewer has been given all the opportunity to succeed, not true for Walker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

green replaces posey, brewer replaces allen! murphy replaces that lefty brad lohaus-type guy danny signed 2 years ago with bad knees (can't remember his name, had big contract)... if danny gets these 3 guys, he is on his way to being the GM of this milennium if we win it all this year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I know that Muphy fills the biggest need more help at center. Of all the available players who have been bought out Brewer would have the biggest impact. I belive he is taylor made foir the celtics system. We would not need him to shoot. I would love a fast break with brewer and green with Rondo with the ball. Brewer plays Celtics D.  Many times faliure or unmet expectations is a result of the system I think he is molded for Doc's style of play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not thrilled with Brewer but he's 6'7, long and plays defense. If he's the guy to fill that role of a defensive stopper and utility guy, why not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

honestly, if i had my pick, it would be murphy, brewer and either ford or bibby.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

I'm not thrilled with Brewer but he's 6'7, long and plays defense. If he's the guy to fill that role of a defensive stopper and utility guy, why not.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Ya I agree, on the offensive side he won't be much but he can play defense and that in itself will help a lot.  Let's just hope we can get him and murphy or some of these buyouts.  I'm starting to get nervous about it all but am hopeful it will work out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

I was very surprised that the Magic did not take Brewer and took Redick instead.  At this point I think the Magic would perhaps rather have Brewer instead of Redick but who knows?  Brewer is a nice player and would easily displace Wafer in the rotation but will not make any difference in the long run.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

What is the deal with ford his name has been prety invisible on th sports pages mostly mentioned here+

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

After watching Brewer at the Univ. of Florida where he played on back-to-back NCAA championship teams with Joakim Noah and Al Horford, and he was named Most Outstanding Player of the 2007 NCAA tournament, I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't done better in his pro career.

That being said, I'd love to see him in a Celtics uniform.  I still believe he has tremendous potential and upside, and maybe, just maybe, that potential would develop under the tutelage of Garnett, Pierce, Ray & Company.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Corey Brewer is available :   I was very surprised that the Magic did not take Brewer and took Redick instead.  At this point I think the Magic would perhaps rather have Brewer instead of Redick but who knows?  Brewer is a nice player and would easily displace Wafer in the rotation but will not make any difference in the long run.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Redick can put the bal lin the basket. Brewer not so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

wafer and brewer are two totally different players. wafer can score, can get to the rim and can shoot the 3. brewer is more of a defensive stopper type.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

He can't shoot. He's a .375% shooter career he'd have to play with more discipline to play on this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I prefer Wafer if you have him w/ Rondo and Pierce or Green @ SF on the court.. since rondo can't shoot real well, but players will sag off Wafer and onlt him and pierce as they drive and von can hit some open looks

I prefer Brewer if you have him w/ DWest and any of the 3 winsg who can score in bunches (Allen-Pierce-Green) b/c DWest has a J and Brewer plays GREAT defense, esp on small SG's that he just blankets... that you can have him running/slashign and gettign some garbage pts while playing some brief lockdown type D

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I like Brewer. I think he could help. Is this the son of Ron who teamed with Sydney Moncrief to form a dynamic duo at Arkansas?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I like Brewer. I think he could help. Is this the son of Ron who teamed with Sydney Moncrief to form a dynamic duo at Arkansas?
    Posted by OneNation

No, Ronnie's son plays for the Bulls, i think!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I would be ecstatic if the C's were able to get Murphy, Powe, and Brewer to fill thew 3 available slots. That would be a major help to the roster. They would be adding a little bit of youth to our aging roster.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Corey Brewer is available : No, Ronnie's son plays for the Bulls, i think!!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Thanks for the info.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Corey Brewer is available : No, Ronnie's son plays for the Bulls, i think!!!
    Posted by kyceltic

His son is Ronnie Brewer

Sections
Shortcuts