could ainge make a play for melo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

could ainge make a play for melo?

Pretty sure people would hate this, and maybe I would too, but is there any chance the Celtics try and aquire Melo (Carmelo, not Fab....). I'm not a trade machine guy, but I would bet if we offered a prospect (e.g. either Green, or Bradley, or Sullinger), an expiring contract (Hump), and some combination of future draft picks NY might have to listen. As I understand it, NY has already mortgaged its future with endless bad decisions, and if Melo were to walk, they would have almost no hope of rebuilding. Seems like Celtics are one of the few teams with prospects, picks and expiring contracts (and Pierce's trade exception???).

Regarding the "prospect", they would probably want Sully. Would hate to give him up, but a core of Rondo, Melo, Green, Bradley, and servicable center might be pretty tough. In a way, it might be a perfect environment for all invloved - Melo would be the clear scorer, Rondo would run the show and get him the ball, Green is relieved of #1 pressure, and Bradley could focus on D and available offense. If we could somehow keep Sully, even better. If we could somehow trick Dolan into taking Wallace too, oh boy (maybe I better down the pipe now). 

Never really liked Melo, but could somehow see him thriving with Rondo, JG and AB...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Re: could ainge make a play for melo?

In response to shamrock1000's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty sure people would hate this, and maybe I would too, but is there any chance the Celtics try and aquire Melo (Carmelo, not Fab....). I'm not a trade machine guy, but I would bet if we offered a prospect (e.g. either Green, or Bradley, or Sullinger), an expiring contract (Hump), and some combination of future draft picks NY might have to listen. As I understand it, NY has already mortgaged its future with endless bad decisions, and if Melo were to walk, they would have almost no hope of rebuilding. Seems like Celtics are one of the few teams with prospects, picks and expiring contracts (and Pierce's trade exception???).

Regarding the "prospect", they would probably want Sully. Would hate to give him up, but a core of Rondo, Melo, Green, Bradley, and servicable center might be pretty tough. In a way, it might be a perfect environment for all invloved - Melo would be the clear scorer, Rondo would run the show and get him the ball, Green is relieved of #1 pressure, and Bradley could focus on D and available offense. If we could somehow keep Sully, even better. If we could somehow trick Dolan into taking Wallace too, oh boy (maybe I better down the pipe now). 

Never really liked Melo, but could somehow see him thriving with Rondo, JG and AB...

[/QUOTE]

Please.No Melo.The celtics would be playing 2 men basketball.Melo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please.No Melo.The celtics would be playing 2 men basketball.Melo.

[/QUOTE]

My1st thought as well, but consider this. People say this is the best draft since 2003. Who were the best players in that draft; clearly Lebron, Wade, and Melo. Thequivalent things work perfectly, aren't we talking about getting a player roughly equivalent to Melo? and this player would take a few years to mature, by which time Rowill will bon declining. Furthermore, it doesn't even look like celts will get one of thtiptop three.

Melo does seem like a ball hog, but he meshed well with the Olympic teams, and Rondo is stubborn enough to stand up to him. Again, I'm just thinking out loud, but a core of Melo, Rondo, JG, AB, and a decent center should be in the mixA solos, having Rondo and Melo might entice other quality veterans looking for a ring to sign with Boston. Just a thought....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I wouldn't consider Green and Bradley "prospects", and have you been away?  The many Melo discussions have been overwhelmingly negative toward him.  Sullinger provides a huge need for the Celtics - rebounding, and that's been the case for a few years.  Taking away Sullinger and adding Anthony makes the Celtics the Knicks. Yuck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No...Melo's wife is African-American showbiz royalty...she's plugged into the movers and shaqkers in that portion of showbiz...they want a major showcase city where she can do her business as well...NY/LA/CHI...that's about it...it will be one of those 3

[/QUOTE]

Royalty might be an overstatement, but you have a point... however, regardless of where Melo goes or doesn't go, I would hope they are making decisions based on Melo's nba career rather than La La's showbiz career. Whether you like him or not, Melo is a certified superstar, whereas La La is on the fringe of the entertainment world hosting reality show reunions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I say pass - because - Melo does not know how to pass!

He does not make anyone around him better - suspect on defense!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Carmelo Anthony would be the worst ever pickup for the Celtics.....it's not just about getting "superstars" , it's about getting the RIGHT superstar.....I'd rather see the Big 3 come back for Scalabrine money....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Melo needs to be in a situation where he isn't looked at as the leader. With Rondo, Boston may be a good fit. Melo is still a legit #1 scorer in this league and any team would love to have him. NY is not a good situation for him.

[/QUOTE]

Stick to things you know/care about.  We know you don't care about our team!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PG's are the one's who pass and make those around them better. Melo is an elite scoring forward. he makes his team better by drawing double teams, drawing the attention of the defense, and getting buckets. he's also a very good rebounder.

[/QUOTE]

Good PG's - like Ramon Sessions????  You know, the guy you said would average double digit assists for the lakers..............how's that working out for you?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PG's are the one's who pass and make those around them better. Melo is an elite scoring forward. he makes his team better by drawing double teams, drawing the attention of the defense, and getting buckets. he's also a very good rebounder.

[/QUOTE]

Good PG's - like Ramon Sessions????  You know, the guy you said would average double digit assists for the lakers..............how's that working out for you?

[/QUOTE]

stop trolling me you conspiracy nut

[/QUOTE]

Ramon Sessions and Steve Nash for FOUR first round picks???

That's YOUR team, stop pretending you care about ours!!!!!   TOMMY!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

stop trolling me you conspiracy nut

[/QUOTE]

Ramon Sessions and Steve Nash for FOUR first round picks???

That's YOUR team, stop pretending you care about ours!!!!!   TOMMY!

[/QUOTE]

show me where i said that... i won't respond to another post from you until you do.

[/QUOTE]

PLEASE!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not in B.Stevens system - read and react offense - everyone passes and scores! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not in B.Stevens system - read and react offense - everyone passes and scores! 

[/QUOTE]

You're wasting your time on a lakers fan.............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Black hole from which no ball ever reappears, defense is non existant. 

We want Melo to bring us to the promised land, just like he did the Knicks... lol, no thanks.  Prototypical New York player, see Stephon Marbury as another "me first" example and he was a point guard. 

Not all Superstars are the same, some make their team better, others just sell tickets in clueless markets like New York, where fans pretend like they know sports and yell like they do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If they would take Hump, Ko, the Clips #1 and next years #1. Then if we could trade Bass and Bayless and a future #1 for Asik we would be in business.

Rondo

Melo, can he play 2 guard?

Green

Sully

Asik

We would still have AB if that line-up didn't work.  Plus this years #1. I would have to be in favor of this trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Fair enough all - I figured I would get killed on this one. Actually I pretty much agree with most of what has been said about Melo. But none of us run the team. Hence I wonder if Ainge/ownership would give it a look. Everyone here seems to think it is a lock that Sully will be a force, and that if we get one of the top three picks, that that will player will be a franchise player. Might happen, but might not (more likely not since the numbers tell us how few players are impact/franchise players). In contrast, Melo's (high) value is well established. In business, you make the decision that has the has the best chance of obtaining desired results (winning AND filling seats fro ownership). In this light, you at least consider the trade. Additionally, maybe Melo gets a bad rap. Everything people say about him used to be said about Pierce, and he was a good teammate on the olympic teams. Furthermore, I don't think Rondo would defer to him, but instead would make the pass he thinks is best. Finally, succesful teams have players that know their roles - feel like a Rondo, AB, JG (or even better, Sully), Melo core would know their roles. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Melo? He plays power forward for the knicks and you want him to play at the 2?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Melo? He plays power forward for the knicks and you want him to play at the 2?

[/QUOTE] Melo can and has played as a two, though he is known mostly as a 3 or small forward, he can also play the power forward position. He wouldn't play the 4 on the C's much at all though.  That explains why Woodson will be fired soon, if he thinks Melo is a power forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]

Melo can and has played as a two, though he is known mostly as a 3 or small forward, he can also play the power forward position. He wouldn't play the 4 on the C's much at all though.  That explains why Woodson will be fired soon, if he thinks Melo is a power forward.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01.html

Carmelo:

Position: Small Forward and Power Forward ▪ Shoots: Right
    Height: 6-8 ▪ Weight: 230 lbs.

He is almost 30 years old. I seriously doubt that he could play 2 guard now. And Woodson might get fired soon, but playing Melo at pf is not the reason. Others also think he should PF even though it is difficult decison.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1406330-5-reasons-carmelo-anthony-must-stay-at-power-forward-like-lebron-james

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/can-carmelo-anthony-really-play-power-forward-and-should-he/

But haven't heard anyone asking him to play SG.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"aren't we talking about getting a player roughly equivalent to Melo?"

No. We're talking about getting a valuable asset we can potentially either keep or trade. 

Melo is neither valuable or tradeable. (dollar for dollar that is). 

To be fair, I would think Ainge would look at all options so I'm sure he's considered this one as well. But right now I think he wants to collect chips he can use.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

He is soo  UnCeltic a player that there is today

he means zero ball movement and no D

if Danny gets him he should be fired

but he wouldn't, He is going to build thu the draft, why would he give up picks for a 30 yo ball hog