Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard?

Do the contracts match up?

I bet monetarily things could work to yield at least one of them, but the Celtics have built up a lot of animosity around the league with their verbalization and playing style...

Saw it here: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?page=5-on-5-110511-Celtics

Try it here: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Anyhow, if the Celtics can somehow manage tonight, I think it goes seven games because I don't think the Celtics want to lose their last game on their home court.  So Miami closes out tonight, or things go back to Miami.  We'll see.  I personally don't see them even winning tonight, but hopefully all the obituaries get them fired up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard?

In Response to Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard?:
    Do the contracts match up? I bet monetarily things could work to yield at least one of them, but the Celtics have built up a lot of animosity around the league with their verbalization and playing style... Saw it here: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?page=5-on-5-110511-Celtics Try it here: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Anyhow, if the Celtics can somehow manage tonight, I think it goes seven games because I don't think the Celtics want to lose their last game on their home court.  So Miami closes out tonight, or things go back to Miami.  We'll see.  I personally don't see them even winning tonight, but hopefully all the obituaries get them fired up.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

This question cannot be answered until the new CBA is put in place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard?

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard do NOT want to play in beantown, but good luck with that. Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

This trade works, even though it requires the Hornets to settle for Rondo and Jermaine O'Neal's expiring contract:
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=44onck3

It would only work with a pipe dream and both players conspiring to play with each other while not caring where it is that they end up playing.  I think Howard has too many bad memories with Boston to come here, from playoff games to Tomase of the Herald asking someone to injure him after he'd elbowed nine Celtics players in the head. 

Chris Paul might come here, but only for the chance to one-up Rondo, with whom he was not happy a few years ago - apparently the trash talk went somewhere he didn't appreciate and Chris Paul said he'd get more assists and championships with a Hall of Fame cast around him.

I'll say it again: it's a fantasy, Tayshawn.  This isn't realistic speculation (OBVIOUSLY).  Like (dudder?) said on another board, the new CBA and the NFL-style franchise tags it will probably yield, will probably see to it that Howard stays in Orlando.  And to be honest, I think fans like the Celtics and Lakers would drive him nuts: he flipped out at the coverage that the Orlando Sentinel was giving to his possible departure.  How would he manage a losing streak with Lakers/Celtics beat writers and sports fanatics draped all over him?  Or an early exit from the playoffs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard?:
    Do the contracts match up? I bet monetarily things could work to yield at least one of them, but the Celtics have built up a lot of animosity around the league with their verbalization and playing style... Saw it here: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?page=5-on-5-110511-Celtics Try it here: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Anyhow, if the Celtics can somehow manage tonight, I think it goes seven games because I don't think the Celtics want to lose their last game on their home court.  So Miami closes out tonight, or things go back to Miami.  We'll see.  I personally don't see them even winning tonight, but hopefully all the obituaries get them fired up.
    this is the kind of aggressive thinking ainge likes to contemplate. i like all that u say except that pp is going nowhere. we could conceivably get both cp and howard without including PIERCE! that will be your new big 3. rondo and even green could be chips. dont forget after the new cba that draft picks will be gold as in the nfl. celts could trade every draft pick and player not named pierce and get the new big 3 and rebuild in the mode of the heat. i would pick that new big 3 over any other big 3 combo in the league!

talk about great defense and offense combo, versatility. controlling the paint, perimeter, doing it all. certainly more diverse than the heat plus you bring 2 elements the heat do not have and cant really fill based on their payroll, the center and pg dominance. you still would have pp to limit james and the melos of the world while playing backup point and the 4 if he must. it will take far less to fill out that roster than with the heat. good swingmen are a dime and dozen. finding a good defensive and rebounding 4 is far easier than finding one at the 5. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to: If we cut them all and start from scratch!!:
    THIS: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=44onck3 My Bohemian Rhapsody trade - not the real life, just fantasy, caught in a landslide, no escape from reality (which is, that with Jeff Green and Rondo as mainstays, the Celtics are the new Charlotte Bobcats)

I'm intrigued but to move this from fantasy to reality one has to ask why would Howard & Paul want to come to Boston (then stay) and not NY, NJ, or LA?

I know CP3 said his Dad's favorite team was always the Celts but is Ray, PP, or Doc enough to draw another superstar to Beantown?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard?:
    In Response to: If we cut them all and start from scratch!! : THIS: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=44onck3 My Bohemian Rhapsody trade - not the real life, just fantasy, caught in a landslide, no escape from reality (which is, that with Jeff Green and Rondo as mainstays, the Celtics are the new Charlotte Bobcats) Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188 I'm intrigued but to move this from fantasy to reality one has to ask why would Howard & Paul want to come to Boston (then stay) and not NY, NJ, or LA? I know CP3 said his Dad's favorite team was always the Celts but is Ray, PP, or Doc enough to draw another superstar to Beantown?
    Posted by wfdog

Source???  This would be GREAT news - this would border on saving money on my car insurance by switching to Geico

Seriously

If the Celtics can pull off one trade (Rondo and Jermaine O'Neal for a disgruntled Chris Paul), then Chris Paul and a nice supporting cast might be enough to lure a second star

Divide and conquer (and dream)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard?:
    In Response to Re: Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard? : Source???  This would be GREAT news - this would border on saving money on my car insurance by switching to Geico Seriously If the Celtics can pull off one trade (Rondo and Jermaine O'Neal for a disgruntled Chris Paul), then Chris Paul and a nice supporting cast might be enough to lure a second star Divide and conquer (and dream)
    great thinking there on how chris paul could end up in boston. the other shoe to drop could be trading both ray and kg and perhaps jeff green with 2 ones and a #2 for dwight along with a bloated contract like jason richardson and/or hedo. this will give salary cap room to the magic as well and give them the opportunity to rebuild quickly. 
    perhaps we could bring in a third team!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Could Ainge turn Rondo, Green, and the old Big Three into Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard? : great thinking there on how chris paul could end up in boston. the other shoe to drop could be trading both ray and kg and perhaps jeff green with 2 ones and a #2 for dwight along with a bloated contract like jason richardson and/or hedo. this will give salary cap room to the magic as well and give them the opportunity to rebuild quickly.  perhaps we could bring in a third team!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Yup.  We'd have to take a bad contract back, but maybe we could buy that person out depending on how long they have left

And i have to think that Jeff Green was acquired partially as a developmental project.  I see him as Al Jefferson 2.0

Sections
Shortcuts