Could Danny and McHale make a deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Could Danny and McHale make a deal?

They are close friends and want to help eachothers team. I was watching the pregame show and they were talking about swaping Pierce for Kevin Martin. They didnt think it was enough but if both sides sweetened the deal it could help both the Celtics and the Rockets. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Could Danny and McHale make a deal?

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2012/01/18/irish-coffee-four-paul-pierce-celtics-trade-scenarios/

HOUSTON ROCKETS

Kevin Martin ($12 million this season; $13 million next season)
    Jordan Hill ($2.9 million this season; $3.6 million team option next season)

The Rockets were set to part with Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic to acquire a 31-year-old Pau Gasol in the rejected Chris Paul trade. Why wouldn’t they part with Martin to form a starting lineup of Samuel DalembertLuis Scola, Pierce, Courtney Lee and Kyle Lowry in a wide open Western Conference? Meanwhile, the Celtics would get a 20-point scorer capable of replacing Allen in the longterm and another big body in Hill that could come off the books if they decided not to pick up his option at season’s end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

GO FOR IT !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

In Response to Could Danny and McHale make a deal?:
    [QUOTE]They are close friends and want to help eachothers team. I was watching the pregame show and they were talking about swaping Pierce for Kevin Martin. They didnt think it was enough but if both sides sweetened the deal it could help both the Celtics and the Rockets. 
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

Kevin McHale is the Coach of the Rockets not the Owner or GM.
    Coaches don't make trades. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

If anyone can wreck a franchise for the sake of his buddy (and former team) it's McHale.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Could Danny and McHale make a deal?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Could Danny and McHale make a deal? : Kevin McHale is the Coach of the Rockets not the Owner or GM. Coaches don't make trades. 
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Coaches can give trade ideas to GM's. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Danny and McHale make a deal? : Coaches can give trade ideas to GM's. 
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

I could see how that conversation would go.

Coach McHale: Mr. GM, I have a trade idea for you.
    GM: Ok, let me hear your idea.
    Coach McHale: I think we should trade Kevin Martin for Paul Pierce.
    GM: Isn't Ainge one of your best friends?
    Coach McHale: Yes he is.
    GM: So, you want us to trade our leading scorer for a  player that is 6 years older then Kevin and who is owed $23m more then Kevin?
    Coach McHale: Uh, yeah.
    GM: Kevin, you weren't and will never be a good GM. Now go cut your hair.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

The rockets want veteran leadership. They also tried to trade Martin for Gasol. We could find a way to do it. throw in a pick maybe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Martin is not a building block by a long shot. This would be a terrible trade. Pierce if he gets even close to past form will be light years ahead of Martin. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think they will win some games.  Pietrus is a big improvement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I could see Ray being traded for a young aggressive rebounder.  Ray looks lost out there like a one trick pony.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Danny and McHale make a deal? : The Ray Allen dilemma can be solved by simply starting Pietrus. Pierce and Pietrus then Ray and Quis come off the bench. JO is doing a good job as of late, so KG, JO, and Bass are good enough. They just have to rebound the ball better.  I don't think we're better off with Okafor than JO right now. JO's been doing a good job protecting the rim.  Let's also not forget we have Wilcox. He's the aggressive young rebounder we're looking for. He just needs to get comfortable with the Celts' system. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Is your definition of an aggressive young rebounder a guy who is 29 years old, in his 10th season and has never averaged 6 rpg in a season? If so, Wilcox is your man.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Danny and McHale make a deal? : The Ray Allen dilemma can be solved by simply starting Pietrus. Pierce and Pietrus then Ray and Quis come off the bench. JO is doing a good job as of late, so KG, JO, and Bass are good enough. They just have to rebound the ball better.  I don't think we're better off with Okafor than JO right now. JO's been doing a good job protecting the rim.  Let's also not forget we have Wilcox. He's the aggressive young rebounder we're looking for. He just needs to get comfortable with the Celts' system. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Fierce I would caution you about JON.  The competition could not be weaker. Toronto did even have their best player tonight.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Coaches can give trade ideas to GM's."

LMAO. 

Ainge can only do a deal with the Rockets GM who doesn't give a turd about McHale wanting to help Boston out.

Ainge may do a deal but with who and for what no one knows, I wouldn't give the Rockets any kind of edge....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Kevin Martin has been traded a number of time for a reason

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]Kevin Martin has been traded a number of time for a reason
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

Kevin Martin was traded the same amount of times as Kevin Garnett.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Kevin Martin has been traded a number of time for a reason
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

I think he's only been traded once.  And he is a good player.  Look, a lot of these kids are spoiled brats....SOMEONE has to play for us next year!!

Sections
Shortcuts