Could Faverani hit these numbers?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Could Faverani hit these numbers?

The team is lowering his minutes after seeing what he has in the beginning of the season. They're not going to play him max minutes in a lost season, he's not a kid fresh out of college that needs to develop, they know exactly what they have in Fav. 

Olynyk needs reps, they need to showcase Bass, Hump and the rest of the bigs so they can move them in trade eventually.  There is no need to put miles on Fav until the games count for something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN...Wait until he plays against REAL NBA starting centers during meaningful games...he'll be crushed...

[/QUOTE]

There is no monsters start centers in the nba.Vitor will be a good nba center.Go celtics.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Keep talking,34, keep talking. We'll see who's right and who's wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

HAHAHA makes you look like a tool, you shouldn't go out of your way to look like a tool.

Fav is a good center, you have no point...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

HAHAHA makes you look like a tool, you shouldn't go out of your way to look like a tool.

Fav is a good center, you have no point...

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Actually comparing Asik ti Faverani at this point is a wash statistically. Semantics aside, Faverani is in his 5th NBA game and this Asiks 3rd year from the limited sampling that I've seen so far, I don't think comparing Faverani to a guy like Asik isn't a stretch at all. I think Faverani has a better overall game than Asik, it's too early I know but I like what I see and experience will solve most of his short comings so far.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

1st, some people have a life that doesn't revolve around this board. Secondly you really need to stop ridiculing anyone who disagrees with you. I'll probably watch the game around 1-3 a.m. tonight because I will be busy from 11 a.m. on, if I have the time I might post sometime tomorrow, win, lose or draw. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, I totally agree with you that Fav is a good Center.

The problem with you is you said a lot of idiotic things even before Fav played a single regular season game.

You said Pressey would be the opening night starter at PG.

Didn't happen.

Even before the season started, you said Fav is already better than Asik and Fav is already a legit starting NBA Center.

6.8 ppg and 6.2 rpg is not exactly starter material.

And you said Chris Babb would make this team because he's strong blah-blah...

Babb got cut before the season started.

Looks like you're 0-3, wozzy.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

You suggested he was a career back up before the season began... wrong.  He is already better than Asik and was when he was playing in Europe last year.

Beyond that you've misrepresented everything I said before the season began.

I said Pressey should start but acknowledged Bradley would.  And I'm right, if we were playing to win Pressey is the better option at point:

Who will start:  Bradley, Lee, Wallace, Sully and Bass.

Who should start if we were playing strictly to win:  Pressey, Babb, Wallace, Oly and Faverani.

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/who-will-start-wed-just-for-fun/100/6857192?page=2

I said Babb would eventually make this team and acknowledged he might be sent to Maine before that happened, I don't back off this prediction at all, whereas you are too chicken to make a bet I'm wrong.

"Babb might very well be cut or sent down to the D League, he is a project player, but if he learns the intricacies on the NBA he could be a very good to great player one day, he could also make the opening day roster.  I don't claim to be the expert that you are."

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/asik-vs-faverani/100/6860166?page=3

Just because you take what I say out of context, cut and paste snippets of something I posted without the surrounding text doesn't change what I said, you must really think posters here are too dumb to read.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Fav leads us in blocks averaging 1.8 a game for the 2nd best defensive team in the NBA... does he still stink at defense? 

He leads us in offensive rebounding, total rebounds and total rebounds per game.  Can he still not rebound?

Fav's minutes have been decreasing the past two games, shrinking his averages, that he still leads us in those catagories is a testament to his skill.

Ainge clearly stated before the season began there would be no set rotation and there would be a lot of experimenting.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

The evidence does not lie, wozzy.

Here:

Give us your projected Celtic's depth chart...

posted at 9/27/2013 9:18 AM EDT

• wozzy
    • First: 3/26/2005
    • Last: 11/9/2013

Starters in bold:

PG - Rondo, Pressey <starts the season at PG until Rondo gets back

SG - Bradley, Lee, Brooks, Crawford

SF - Green, Wallace, Bogans

PF - Olynyk, Bass

C - Sullinger, Faverani, Humphries

[/QUOTE]

This was posted before preseason, after preseason I resigned myself to the fact the Celtics were rebuilding and wouldn't be fielding a team to win, thus the thread "who will start Weds just for fun," a thread was started the week before game one. 

I don't answer to you and since I don't make predictions insisting thats the way it will be, I have the right to change my mind. 

I said Bradley would start game one and was correct.

Who will start:  Bradley, Lee, Wallace, Sully and Bass.

Who should start if we were playing strictly to win:  Pressey, Babb, Wallace, Oly and Faverani.

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/who-will-start-wed-just-for-fun/100/6857192?page=2

That was a week before game one ^

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The reason why Fav is averaging 1.8 blocks per game is because he had a game where he had 6 blocks.

After the first 2 games of the season, Fav does not have a game where he had more than 1 block.

Just like in blocks, the reason why Fav is still averaging 6.2 rpg is because of that 18-rebound performance against Milwaukee.

Fav has had only one game where he ended up in double figures in rebounding.

And the reason why Fav's minutes is decreasing is because of poor defense.

I think you should stop making excuses, wozzy.

Fav's minutes are decreasing because they're taking a long look at Olynyk playing the center position. 

They're not making a run at the championship this year and taking this time to develop these young players is more important than trying to prove something to you.  I think after posting a line like 12 points, 18 boards (6 offensive), 1 steal, 6 blocks in a game they know exactly who Fav is and since then they have been sitting him. 

Oly needs the work at the 5, they are trying out different lineups which Ainge said they would. 

You seem to think they're going for it all, laughable!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

"Pressey starts the season at PG until Rondo gets back."

"Babb will make this team and eventually be a player because he is big, strong, plays good defense and is the best 3-point shooter on our team and maybe beyond."

Like I said, wozzy, your words, not mine.

[/QUOTE]

Ignore the posts prior to the season where I said Babb would likely start the season in Maine and that they would end up starting Bradley to begin the season...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

[QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

You were silent when the Celts were 0-4.

Guess we'll be seeing less of you again when the Celts lose to Miami tonight, huh?

[/QUOTE]

What time did I tell you I would get to watch game? Silent? Dude I'm not hating, I'm just saying. Try just looking at things as they are and not as they seem and it's not as bad as you think, agaim I'm not hating.

Sections
Shortcuts