Could Hollins be our Robert Parrish???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Could Hollins be our Robert Parrish???

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ryan_hollins/career_stats.html

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/todays_video_ryan_hollins_heat_it_up_mix/10392151
    Not saying he will be..just saying this kid has more athleticism than any center ive seen in green,or since Parrish. If Steisma can develop this quickly, why not this guy..Golden State gave up on Parrish after 4 so an so seasons...this guy's been with several teams. Could it be that he just hasn't been in the right system and  coaching???? I guess we'll find out...Worse case, at least he can give us some fouls and blocked shots.,rest for Kg and co..and hopefully lots of dunks off Rondo passess
    .i thought the same thing when i saw the videos on Petrius, i said, wow, this guy can play ball.has a tude.bout him...Hollins is still a pup..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Could Hollins be our Robert Parrish???

I hope, teamed with KG , it would give us to seven foot erasers.  3 with the Steamer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

WE are still missing the thick guy like Perk and even Davis, who could body up and hold their position. off subject is Mike James available?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Could Hollins be our Robert Parrish???:
    [QUOTE]WE are still missing the thick guy like Perk and even Davis, who could body up and hold their position. off subject is Mike James available?
    Posted by romneywins[/QUOTE]
    Good point.
    Big bodies take up space in the paint.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We can only dream about Hollins.  He is a seven footer who was waived.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Hollins is a long way from being our Robert Parish.  That aint going to happen.

I don't think it's that important for the Celtics to have a "big guy" in the middle.  There just are not that many teams who have quality centers that can dominate a game.  There's really only Howard and Bynum although there are other capable centers.  But there just isn't a need for that rugged big body in the middle anymore.

I think Hollins is and has been a decent backup center (who has alot of upside and time to develop it) and with him and Steamer, all the Celtics need now is a "real" starting center like Kaman.

In my opinion, the Celtics need TWO Kenneth Faried-type hungry rebounders more than anything.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

When Golden State "gave up" on Parish he was averaging 17 points and 11 rebounds a game.  Hollins is just a big body that can run around and not fall over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Hollins be our Robert Parrish??? : Easy to say sign Hibbert. But he's a restricted free-agent. Big men like Hibbert don't grow on trees. The Pacers will likely match any offers given to Hibbert. Why hang on to Ray when he's going to be 37 years old in July? Time to move on!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    There was a report that Larry Bird may not be returning next year. If the Pacers fail this year it may be that Hibbert becomes more of a potential reality.

I still am not sure he is a building block in a championship team.  He seems slow afoot to me, but he is light years better than what we have.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Javelle McGee is probably more accessible than Hibbert. Denver may not want to match a deandre Jordan type contract offer to McGee. With the lack of talent in this years free agent pool, McGee should be the C's top priority. If the C's Get McGee, resign KG (he is not going to come cheap), and get a couple of rotation players in the draft, they may be able to quickly become legitimate contenders next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Talk about desperation. Hollins.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Could Hollins be our Robert Parrish???:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ryan_hollins/career_stats.html http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/todays_video_ryan_hollins_heat_it_up_mix/10392151 Not saying he will be..just saying this kid has more athleticism than any center ive seen in green,or since Parrish. If Steisma can develop this quickly, why not this guy..Golden State gave up on Parrish after 4 so an so seasons...this guy's been with several teams. Could it be that he just hasn't been in the right system and  coaching???? I guess we'll find out...Worse case, at least he can give us some fouls and blocked shots.,rest for Kg and co..and hopefully lots of dunks off Rondo passess .i thought the same thing when i saw the videos on Petrius, i said, wow, this guy can play ball.has a tude.bout him...Hollins is still a pup..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Exactly everytime I think of a hall of fame center that played into his 40s and had actual skill, the only person that comes to mind is Ryan Hollins.......coffee's done, wake up and smell it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Could Hollins be our Robert Parrish??? : Exactly everytime I think of a hall of fame center that played into his 40s and had actual skill, the only person that comes to mind is Ryan Hollins.......coffee's done, wake up and smell it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Did you forget to beat your dog today?  What a ray of sunshine you are.  You think the vast majority of us don't know these things.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

we can only hope that this hollins guy could ever be even half the player that robert parrish was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Even half would help us...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If he gives us6-8mins/ 2pts,2rbs,and 2blocks,and several altered shots, ill take it..when shot blockers go after a shot, they are rarely in position to get the rebound..

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ryan Hollins was waived by the Cavs. That is all you need to know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

5'3" 136 LB Muggsy Bogues averaged more rpg then Hollins does in his career.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Play the Steamer!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts