COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO?

seems like our boy rr has plateaued, not a bad run but this kid lin seems to be far smarter with a greater upside. the kid's everything one would want in a point guard. he's fast, smart, a leader, can play D and make his free throws while shooting the heck out of the rock. he had 25 points then followed with 28 points. he may be the savior of d'antoni's job. he's the straw or glue that may keep melo and amare working togehter. no need for melo to play point forward anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO?

Are u serious?

The guy has done nothing. He got some nice handles.

What team has he run in the NBA. what accolades does he have?

Win any championships yet?

Maybe Rondo is plateauing, although it may be due to being out for a few weeks but you have noone better than Lin to replace an All-Star pg?

Really?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

The kid just didn't get the chance to play.  Once he does, he shines.
    He could become the next Steve Nash!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO?:
    [QUOTE]seems like our boy rr has plateaued, not a bad run but this kid lin seems to be far smarter with a greater upside. the kid's everything one would want in a point guard. he's fast, smart, a leader, can play D and make his free throws while shooting the heck out of the rock. he had 25 points then followed with 28 points. he may be the savior of d'antoni's job. he's the straw or glue that may keep melo and amare working togehter. no need for melo to play point forward anymore.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

Anyone that can shoot has a chance to become as good if not better than Rondo because I keep waiting to hear about the things that Rondo does better than everyone else that offsets his inability to make / take wide open jumpers and or free throws...... Rondo does not lead the league in rebounds for a point guard, assists, or any of the other things that you would expect a great point guard that cannot shoot do....

If the league leaders average 11 assists I would expect Rondo to average about 18 given his inability to shoot, if the average in steals is around 2 and Rondo averaged 6 that would offset his inability to shoot, and so on....

But Rondo does not lead the league in assists and is barely the league leader in steals.....  and underhands the ball to his teammates when he is 6 feet from the hoop to someone that is 20 feet from the hoop because it gives him an assist and ensures that he does not have to miss yet another shot.....

Can Lin become a better player than Rondo?  Anyone that I would call a "complete" player and who also happens to play with a couple of great players like Amare and 'melo can of course become better than Rondo.......  The Cs just went 6 and 2 without him and were something like 4 and 9 with him......

It cannot be any more obvious than that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO?:
    [QUOTE]seems like our boy rr has plateaued, not a bad run but this kid lin seems to be far smarter with a greater upside. the kid's everything one would want in a point guard. he's fast, smart, a leader, can play D and make his free throws while shooting the heck out of the rock. he had 25 points then followed with 28 points. he may be the savior of d'antoni's job. he's the straw or glue that may keep melo and amare working togehter. no need for melo to play point forward anymore.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOT

p.s. every year since Rondo has come into the leauge a better point guard has come into the league... Rose, Evans, Curry, Conley Jr., Teague, Collison, Westbrook, give me Jerryd Bayless ahead of Rondo even, Wall, and of course now Kyrie Irving.... why question whether Lin can become a better player.... there are any number of players that have come into the league since Rondo that are more complete players and will ultimately prove better than Rondo. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO? : [QUOTE]seems like our boy rr has plateaued, not a bad run but this kid lin seems to be far smarter with a greater upside. the kid's everything one would want in a point guard. he's fast, smart, a leader, can play D and make his free throws while shooting the heck out of the rock. he had 25 points then followed with 28 points. he may be the savior of d'antoni's job. he's the straw or glue that may keep melo and amare working togehter. no need for melo to play point forward anymore. Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOT p.s. every year since Rondo has come into the leauge a better point guard has come into the league... Rose, Evans, Curry, Conley Jr., Teague, Collison, Westbrook, give me Jerryd Bayless ahead of Rondo even, Wall, and of course now Kyrie Irving.... why question whether Lin can become a better player.... there are any number of players that have come into the league since Rondo that are more complete players and will ultimately prove better than Rondo. 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I think the bigger question is why are you so obsessed with Rondo?  We get it, he can't shoot and he isn't that great.  See how I did that in one sentence?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: COULD Jeremy Lin become a better player than RONDO? : I think the bigger question is why are you so obsessed with Rondo?  We get it, he can't shoot and he isn't that great.  See how I did that in one sentence?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Then why is there a question about whether Lin can become a better player?  Of course he can... he can dribble, shoot, pass, etc.  He is a much more complete player that does not have the experience..... so how can you even question whether or not he can become a better player.......  Of course he can become a better player.  It has nothing to do with liking or not liking Rondo it has to do with the idiocy related to having to ask this question......  as I said before... every year better point guards come into the league they just don't get to play with KG, PP, and Ray.....  If Jennings is the point guard of the Cs the Cs would have won a couple more titles..... big deal....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

You`re the expert on idiocy.You remind me of those squirrels who got it in their heads thst the Twin Towers(no, not Olajuwon and Sampson) were blown up from within.Your brain produces one (stupid ) thought ,and despite regurgitating it ad nauseam,can`t stop chewing on it like a dog toy.Lin is not now and never will be ,better than Rondo.He`s lucky if he has Keyon Dooling`s career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

lin tonight in his 3rd straight great game has 23 points, 10 assists a nd only 2 TO. the offense just flows.. the kid is here to stay! china will be proud!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

3 games.

End of story.

This is like watching a goldfish think he found a new home every time he turns around.

Good grief.

Sections
Shortcuts