Could Josh Smith be the C's Rim Protector?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Could Josh Smith be the C's Rim Protector?

J. Smith is being shopped by Detroit! He averages 2.1 blocks per game!

He is owed 13.5-million for the next 3 seasons. 

Would you trade J. Green and J. Anthony for J. Smith? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Could Josh Smith be the C's Rim Protector?

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Come on, you're better than that!

We all know Josh Smith's natural position is PF and we have Sully and Oly at that position.

And no way Ainge will want any part of that 40.5m remaining on Smith's contract.

HAHAHA

Hey - it does eliminate J. Greens contract - AND - gives the Cs a possible rim protector from the SF/PF position. 

DA would only eat 19-million of that contract - once J. Green's 18-million and J. Anthony's 3+million are subtracted from the total. 

I am not sold on the proposed trade either - BUT - J. Smith - when motivated is a pretty good player!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Hey - it does eliminate J. Greens contract - AND - gives the Cs a possible rim protector from the SF/PF position. 

DA would only eat 19-million of that contract - once J. Green's 18-million and J. Anthony's 3+million are subtracted from the total. 

I am not sold on the proposed trade either - BUT - J. Smith - when motivated is a pretty good player!

Jeff Green's contract is only for 9m per year.

You really want to sacrifice cap flexibility when Kevin Love becomes an UFA next July?

Celts can still get Kevin Love through FA next year.

Absorbing Josh Smith's contract limits the Celts' ability to sign Kevin Love next summer.

Correct - J. Greens contract is 9-million per year with 2-years remaining. Add J. Greens 18-million to J. Anthony's 3.8-million and that equals 21.8-million. 

Subtract 21.8 million from 40.5-million and you have 18.7 million. 

The question being would you make the trade. I am not stating I would - simply asking the question. 

The C's could afford K. Love next summer if they let Rondo walk (along with Bass's expiring deal & and annual cap increase)!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Correct - J. Greens contract is 9-million per year with 2-years remaining. Add J. Greens 18-million to J. Anthony's 3.8-million and that equals 21.8-million. 

Subtract 21.8 million from 40.5-million and you have 18.7 million. 

The question being would you make the trade. I am not stating I would - simply asking the question. 

The C's could afford K. Love next summer if they let Rondo walk (along with Bass's expiring deal & and annual cap increase)!

Why are you worried about Joel Anthony's contract?

It's an expiring contract.

And the point of signing Kevin Love is to pair him with Rondo.

Love will not come to Boston if Love is the only star player on the team.

The question is who would you rather have on the roster next season: J. Smith OR J. Green and J. Anthony? 

Do not underestimate Smart - he might be a star in the making by this time next year.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The question is who would you rather have on the roster next season: J. Smith OR J. Green and J. Anthony? 

Do not underestimate Smart - he might be a star in the making by this time next year.  

I'd rather have J.Green and J.Anthony than Josh Smith.

Like I said, Kevin Love doesn't want a rebuilding situation.

Love will not wait for Mahcus Smaht to become a star.

If Love is content to be on a rebuilding team then there's no reason for him to leave Minny.

Love made it clear, he wants to play in the playoffs.

Love has also made it clear he likes the West Coast - I was hoping the Cs had a shot at him through a trade this summer - BUT - if that is not the case, I am afraid he will move West!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Love has also made it clear he likes the West Coast - I was hoping the Cs had a shot at him through a trade this summer - BUT - if that is not the case, I am afraid he will move West!

Doesn't matter.

Celts will be contenders again.

We just have to be patient.

We certainly agree on that point! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Josh Smith ??? Are you insane ?

I'd rather have Josh McRoberts !

NO to your trade.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Come on, you're better than that!

We all know Josh Smith's natural position is PF and we have Sully and Oly at that position.

And no way Ainge will want any part of that 40.5m remaining on Smith's contract.

HAHAHA

+ 2 and no way josh smith is better than green at this point

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[/QUOTE]

Why are you worried about Joel Anthony's contrac

It's an expiring contract.

And the point of signing Kevin Love is to pair him with Rondo.

Love will not come to Boston if Love is the only star player on the team.

[/QUOTE]

Really true.  To think otherwise is unproductive. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Fierce, Im really surprised in your confidence that this team will be any sort of draw to Kevin Love at the end of this season.  That would basically mean that Danny had sat on his hands all year as opposed to tearing this thing down to the studs, which is what all signs point to.

I just don't see the Celtics being the wimpy wallflower and waiting for the prom queen to ask them to dance.  They need to find the slightly cute girl with braces and glasses who is going to be a stone cold fox in a couple years. 

You can't be hoping to nab a top flight free agent while rebuilding unless you are LAL or NYK.  All that will accomplish for Boston is setting back this 4/5/6 year rebuild even further, just to watch Kevin Love AND Rondo take their talents elsewhere.

This false hope of keeping some decent vets in order to lure a free agent is probably why they were so quiet at the trade deadline, and concequently also why they weren't in the top four in the draft.  All they did was set themselves back, and they need to get focused on one direction or the other or they will just end up standing still.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Fierce, Im really surprised in your confidence that this team will be any sort of draw to Kevin Love at the end of this season.  That would basically mean that Danny had sat on his hands all year as opposed to tearing this thing down to the studs, which is what all signs point to.

I just don't see the Celtics being the wimpy wallflower and waiting for the prom queen to ask them to dance.  They need to find the slightly cute girl with braces and glasses who is going to be a stone cold fox in a couple years. 

You can't be hoping to nab a top flight free agent while rebuilding unless you are LAL or NYK.  All that will accomplish for Boston is setting back this 4/5/6 year rebuild even further, just to watch Kevin Love AND Rondo take their talents elsewhere.

This false hope of keeping some decent vets in order to lure a free agent is probably why they were so quiet at the trade deadline, and concequently also why they weren't in the top four in the draft.  All they did was set themselves back, and they need to get focused on one direction or the other or they will just end up standing still.

I agree with you what you're saying.

The problem is I'm seeing a pattern.

I think Ainge is waiting for something to happen with Kevin Love.

If Love goes to the Warriors then the Celts won't have to think about Kevin Love anymore because Love will most probably sign an extension with the Warriors.

The mere fact that Ainge didn't trade Rondo draft night tells us that Ainge is still hoping to get Kevin Love.

You could be right, but I doubt it's Ainge, he is probably ready to admit its not happening and move on to the rebuild.  It is probably Wyc "Fireworks" Grousbeck who is telling Ainge to keep the Love door open.  He just doesn't want to look like a huge loudmouth idiot when we are mired in another 25 or less win season next year.  Trust fund babies don't like being told no either, but like the rest of us he is going to have to get used to it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Change wallace and green, and add a pick if you must.  Then play a "small" lineup of

Rondo/smart

AB/young

Green/JS

JS/sully

Sully/KO

Is it ideal...no way.  But rather have an extra SF/PF type then have Faverini and Anthony play alot of minutes.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

There have been mutterings of Josh Smith possibly on the move this summer due to the fact that the Detroit Pistons‘ front court is loaded. With the likes of Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, Smith has had to play out of position in Detroit, and it has affected his play and the play of the Pistons. In order for Detroit to move forward next year, they have spacing and shooting issues they need to address.
    Smith is a natural four, and when he is forced to play the three it changes his approach to the game for the worse. When Smith is at his best, he is rebounding, blocking shots, running the floor for dunks and playing near the rim. He has always had a decent mid-range game and the ability to shoot from beyond the arc, but that is not his strong point. That being said, Smith took a career-high 265 three-pointers last year, shooting a paltry .264 percent from downtown.
    Those numbers are absurdly bad and are a product of the Pistons’ dilemma of having too many front-court players. As such, somebody needs to go and it is increasingly likely that Smith is that guy. There have been rumors that Detroit should trade Smith to the Boston Celtics for Jeff Green and I actually think that is a trade that would work for the Pistons.
    Although Green can be infuriatingly inconsistent at times, his skill set is exactly what the Pistons need. They need a true small forward with length who is athletic, can shoot the ball and is comfortable being a second or third scoring option on the team. Green had a down year with the Celtics last year due to the fact that he was thrust into the role of primary scorer, and was never really comfortable with having to shoulder that burden. His field goal percentage was a lowly 44 percent and his three-point shooting hovered around 34 percent, which isn’t terrible.
    This trade also works because it allows the Pistons to shed some salary. Green is due to make $9.2 million next year and Smith is set to rake in $13.5 million. This will allow the Pistons to take that money saved and use it towards signing Monroe, who is a free agent this year.
    If I was the Pistons’ GM, I would push hard for this trade to happen. Although Smith is the better of the two players, sometimes you add by subtracting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

There have been mutterings of Josh Smith possibly on the move this summer due to the fact that the Detroit Pistons‘ front court is loaded. With the likes of Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, Smith has had to play out of position in Detroit, and it has affected his play and the play of the Pistons. In order for Detroit to move forward next year, they have spacing and shooting issues they need to address.
    Smith is a natural four, and when he is forced to play the three it changes his approach to the game for the worse. When Smith is at his best, he is rebounding, blocking shots, running the floor for dunks and playing near the rim. He has always had a decent mid-range game and the ability to shoot from beyond the arc, but that is not his strong point. That being said, Smith took a career-high 265 three-pointers last year, shooting a paltry .264 percent from downtown.
    Those numbers are absurdly bad and are a product of the Pistons’ dilemma of having too many front-court players. As such, somebody needs to go and it is increasingly likely that Smith is that guy. There have been rumors that Detroit should trade Smith to the Boston Celtics for Jeff Green and I actually think that is a trade that would work for the Pistons.
    Although Green can be infuriatingly inconsistent at times, his skill set is exactly what the Pistons need. They need a true small forward with length who is athletic, can shoot the ball and is comfortable being a second or third scoring option on the team. Green had a down year with the Celtics last year due to the fact that he was thrust into the role of primary scorer, and was never really comfortable with having to shoulder that burden. His field goal percentage was a lowly 44 percent and his three-point shooting hovered around 34 percent, which isn’t terrible.
    This trade also works because it allows the Pistons to shed some salary. Green is due to make $9.2 million next year and Smith is set to rake in $13.5 million. This will allow the Pistons to take that money saved and use it towards signing Monroe, who is a free agent this year.
    If I was the Pistons’ GM, I would push hard for this trade to happen. Although Smith is the better of the two players, sometimes you add by subtracting.

Jeff Green is better than Josh Smith. Smith is making money on his rep right now, not his production. Just watch Jeff's highlights versus Smith's highlights from last year on youtube and tell me who looks mo betta!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In short, NO!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The Celtics next rim protector is...*Drafted player to be named later...much later*

Sections
Shortcuts