Could Pierce crack the top 10 All Time Small Forwards before it is over?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Could Pierce crack the top 10 All Time Small Forwards before it is over?

Could he pass Dantley or English and get into the top 10. He will pass Bird for points who currently is number 1.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Could Pierce crack the top 10 All Time Small Forwards before it is over?

I think Worthy does not get the credit he should. He played with 2 of the top 10 greatest of All time and I think that hurt him. As a celtic fan he was amazing and was maybe with cooz one of the greatest players on the fast break. I loved to hate him and had to respect him Worthy was a class act.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Scottie Pippen is rated too high. Pippen was a good player, but without Jordan he was just another allstar type player. Remember the two years Jordan failed miserably at trying to make a career in the minor leagues of baseball? Pippen couldn't deliver the goods.
        Rick Barry was twice the player Pippen was as well as James Worthy. IMO, Rick Barry is one of the top 20 greatest players of alltime. He could do it all, but most of all I think he was the best perimeter shooter of alltime.
       Does Paul Pierce belong in the top 10? Maybe. He's close. I'd have to look at other player in the past to consider his position. I'm know thinking
       I was just thinking of other small forwards. Where is Bernard King in the mix? Bernard King was unstoppable. If he hadn't sustained the severe knee injuries that he did, he may be an alltime top 25 best players period. He was that good, or should I say that great. Scottie Pippen wasn't half the player Bernard King was.
        Chet Walker, Maurice Lucas and Spencer Haywood were three great small forwards. Thinking about it in depth, Paul would have a tough time cracking the top 10. The best small forward of alltime was probably Oscar Robertson. However the Big O played multiple positions on the court much like Magic Johnson did.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

He will never pass

1)Bird
    2)Erving
    3)Lebron
    4)Hondo
    5) Rick Barry
    6)Worthy
    7) Dominique

I know Dominique did not win it all but he also never played with KG and Ray Allen.

But top ten is definitely possible with the career he has had. Pierce is one of only 13 players to ever win the finals MVP and score over 20,000 points in a career. That is quite a feather in the top ten cap!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: Could Pierce crack the top 10 All Time Small Forwards before it is over?:
    [QUOTE]Scottie Pippen is rated too high. Pippen was a good player, but without Jordan he was just another allstar type player. Remember the two years Jordan failed miserably at trying to make a career in the minor leagues of baseball? Pippen couldn't deliver the goods.  Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Pippen without Jordan had as much success as Jordan without Pippen (if not more). Do you even know who replaced Jordan as a SG? Without Jordan the Bulls team was simply not good enough to win it all. As was the Bulls team without Pippen and as would be almost every team if you take one of their two stars out without replacement. I respect your opinion but your argument is more than weak.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Wheelchair aka chump top 10?????

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA..............................LMAO!

TRY THIS FROM A CELTICS BLOGSITE!!!

http://celticsdoom.blogspot.com/
    Now that's the truth!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

In Response to Could Pierce crack the top 10 All Time Small Forwards before it is over?:
    [QUOTE]Could he pass Dantley or English and get into the top 10. He will pass Bird for points who currently is number 1.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Larry Bird is not the number 1 point scoring small forward in league history. As a matter of fact he is not the number one Celtic either. John Havlicek scored 26,935 points during his career. Havlicek played the 3 and was not a guard. In the 70's it was 1 Chaney 2 White 3 Havlicek 4. Nelson or Silas 5.Cowens. Pierce will catch Bird at 21,791 but will never catch Havlicek. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

In Response to Re: Could Pierce crack the top 10 All Time Small Forwards before it is over?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Could Pierce crack the top 10 All Time Small Forwards before it is over? : Larry Bird is not the number 1 point scoring small forward in league history. As a matter of fact he is not the number one Celtic either. John Havlicek scored 26,935 points during his career. Havlicek played the 3 and was not a guard. In the 70's it was 1 Chaney 2 White 3 Havlicek 4. Nelson or Silas 5.Cowens. Pierce will catch Bird at 21,791 but will never catch Havlicek. 
    Posted by calvinator[/QUOTE]

I think he meant Bird was the best SF all time, not the top scorer, which he is right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Pierce crack the top 10 All Time Small Forwards before it is over? : Pippen without Jordan had as much success as Jordan without Pippen (if not more). Do you even know who replaced Jordan as a SG? Without Jordan the Bulls team was simply not good enough to win it all. As was the Bulls team without Pippen and as would be almost every team if you take one of their two stars out without replacement . I respect your opinion but your argument is more than weak.  
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Your response to my post is like saying " I don't mean to be insulting, but" and than you go on with the insult. You know what they say about opinions?
       If you're old enough to remember Rick Barry in his prime, you would know that Scottie Pippen wasn't nearly the player Rick Barry was.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Pierce probably comes in #1 if weight is the primary consideration, otherwise, NO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

My picks as the top 10 alltime small forwards in order.
    Bird, Hondo, Lebron, Rick Barry, Julius Erving, Adrian Dantley, Dominique Wilkins, George Gervin, James Worthy, Bernard King.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

anybody who truly understands basketball, knows for a fact that pierce is top 10 all time in his position.