Could Sterns exit mean better luck in Lotter for C's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Could Sterns exit mean better luck in Lottery for C's?

Just wondering if the exit of David Stern {The Crook} could mean that those Lottery balls could start to pop our way now? I think we all know that the Draft Lottery is a joke and as honest as the crooks in Washington DC and I sure wish we could see the balls being pulled. Brad Stevens is a very like-able guy and pretty Marketable as well and if you watch C's games on the road, you know there is always a ton of green in the stands. It would be good for the League if the C's got back into contention so might our luck be about to change or as Tommy would say, the Leprechauns are waking up? Happy New Year to all!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

Re: Could Sterns exit mean better luck in Lotter for C's?

Doubt it...the NBA offices are still in NYC, right? The Knicks can't steal a win, can they? Forget it, we will be lucky top be IN the lottery...the Knick or Nets will get the first pick...bank it!

Happy new year MO!  and you to Fierce!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to melswitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doubt it...the NBA offices are still in NYC, right? The Knicks can't steal a win, can they? Forget it, we will be lucky top be IN the lottery...the Knick or Nets will get the first pick...bank it!

[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year, mel!

The Knicks and Nets have no 1st round picks for 2014.

[/QUOTE]

Wow...refreshinmg hope then...LMAO!

You watch...there will be some kind of deal just before the trade deadline...one or both will trade with a team with multiple #1 picks...you'll see....because , man, they are HIDEOUS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank YOU Sir. Maybe I got into the Coors Light a bit early, ha. Heck Mel, I would just be happy with a top 4 or 5 pick this year but our luck has to change eventually. We have never had the first pick in the draft if I recall correctly? Cheers! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thank YOU Sir. Maybe I got into the Coors Light a bit early, ha. Heck Mel, I would just be happy with a top 4 or 5 pick this year but our luck has to change eventually. We have never had the first pick in the draft if I recall correctly? Cheers! 

[/QUOTE]

Be safe my friend...glad to have you aboard...my partying days are long past...had a flu shot yesterday, did my normal walking mileage in 20 degree weather and am feeling increasingly BAD...lmao...my arm where I got the shot is KILLING me...so I'm watching the ball drop them I"M DROPPING!!

No...we've never had the #1 pick, even when we were trerrible...I'm with you, top 5 would be a bonus!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be safe my friend...glad to have you aboard...my partying days are long past...had a flu shot yesterday, did my normalo walking mileage in 20 degree weather and am feeling increasingly BAD...lmao...my arm where I got the shot is KILLING me...so I'm watching the ball drop them I"M DROPPING!!

[/QUOTE]

I wish you good health my friend. I live in Spokane, WA so I still have a long way to go but NO driving for me so I safety is not an issue. Enjoy those walks my friend and I wish you the very best health for 2014 and beyond!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

Last time the Celts had the #1 pick was back in 1950!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Heck , I'm ancient and I'm not that old!...who'd they pick, Cousy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Last time the Celts had the #1 pick was back in 1950!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Heck , I'm ancient and I'm not that old!...who'd they pick, Cousy?

[/QUOTE]

I did not even know they had a draft in 1950. Now, I am old as well but I thought I read that the C's were the one of the only teams to never have the #1 Pick. Maybe they meant since the Draft Lottery started {uh hum} David Stern!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

Celts picked Charlie Share #1 in 1950.

But Share never played for the Celtics.

And yes, since the inception of the NBA Draft Lottery, the Celts has never had a #1 overall pick. 

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, I really appreciate a person with the knowledge that you have. This is my source for answers to my Celtic questions and I am too old and have NO patience to search this stuff out on the internets. So my friend, Thanks for the info! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

And yes, since the inception of the NBA Draft Lottery, the Celts has never had a #1 overall pick. 

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that was before Red was the coach?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that was before Red was the coach?

[/QUOTE]

Was there a Coach before Red? Not a joke for my older friends, just an honest question.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, I really appreciate a person with the knowledge that you have. This is my source for answers to my Celtic questions and I am too old and have NO patience to search this stuff out on the internets. So my friend, Thanks for the info! 

[/QUOTE]

Fierce takes alot of heat here...he's a good dude...jealousy reas it's ugly head here alot...but I'll tell you...the folks here are much nicer than in either the Red Sox threads or Football threads...more light hearted for the most part...IMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce takes alot of heat here...he's a good dude...jealousy reas it's ugly head here alot...but I'll tell you...the folks here are much nicer than in either the Red Sox threads or Football threads...more light hearted for the most part...IMO

[/QUOTE]

I hear you Mel. I read folks taking shots at each other here and I just wonder if they were ever on a TEAM? We are all after the same thing and that is #18 for the Celts and I just do not get it when people takes shots for wild guesses. Nobody here has the answers and we are all guessing when it comes to "what might be" so why would we kick each other?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hear you Mel. I read folks taking shots at each other here and I just wonder if they were ever on a TEAM? We are all after the same thing and that is #18 for the Celts and I just do not get it when people takes shots for wild guesses. Nobody here has the answers and we are all guessing when it comes to "what might be" so why would we kick each other?

[/QUOTE]

Don't get it...but, they are young, for the most part...what are you going to do?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be safe my friend...glad to have you aboard...my partying days are long past...had a flu shot yesterday, did my normalo walking mileage in 20 degree weather and am feeling increasingly BAD...lmao...my arm where I got the shot is KILLING me...so I'm watching the ball drop them I"M DROPPING!!

[/QUOTE]

I wish you good health my friend. I live in Spokane, WA so I still have a long way to go but NO driving for me so I safety is not an issue. Enjoy those walks my friend and I wish you the very best health for 2014 and beyond!

[/QUOTE]

Back at Ya!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

Regarding Red Auerbach and Bob Cousy.

Here:

The early years (1950–56) [edit]

Prior to the 1950–51 NBA season, Auerbach was approached by Walter Brown, owner of the Boston Celtics. Brown was desperate to turn around his struggling and financially strapped franchise, which was reeling from a 22–46 record.[5] The still young but already seasoned Auerbach was made coach. In the 1950 NBA Draft, Auerbach made some notable moves. First, he famously snubbed Hall-of-Fame New England point guard Bob Cousy in the 1950 NBA Draft, infuriating the Boston crowd. He argued that the flashy Cousy lacked the poise necessary to make his team, taunting him as a "local yokel".[2] Second, he drafted African-American Chuck Cooper, the first black player to be drafted by an NBA club.[6] With that, Auerbach effectively broke down the color barrier in professional basketball.[3]

In that year, the core of the Celtics consisted of Hall-of-Fame center Ed Macauley, Auerbach's old favorite McKinney, and an unlikely addition, Cousy. Cousy had refused to report to the club that had drafted him (ironically, the Blackhawks, Auerbach's old club), and because his next team (the Chicago Stags) folded, he ended up with the Celtics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Auerbach#Boston_Celtics_.281950.E2.80.932006.29

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Fierce!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

Happy New Year Gents...talk to you tomorrow!

Stay well and stay warm!

Sections
Shortcuts