Could the cause of inconsistency be team chemistry?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Could the cause of inconsistency be team chemistry?

Last night's loss can be analyzed from various angles. It seemed Pierce and RA were uninterested! I can't see fatigue being a realistic explanation given the two days off. I watched the "body chemistry" of Pierce and RA when Rondo went ISO. They stood and watched (as did some other C's at times).  An obvious hole in the offense was the absence of Garnett who sets solid picks like no one else. Despite their positive rhetoric in the press, I believe that the Big 3 (especially PP and RA) are somewhat uncomfortable with Rondo's attitude or mentality that he is now the team captain. I like Rondo and give him credit for his incredible talent. Sometimes I just think we lose chemistry and execution when he performs what I might call "incredible circus acts plays". When you see them you find it amazing and yet you look at the scoreboard and see we are not padding the lead. I realize this is not an every game observance. Is the chemistry between Rondo and the Big 3 solid or lukewarm at best? I look forward to others opinions. Go C's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

Re: Could the cause of inconsistency be team chemistry?

A 2 guard that can't defend anymore, a 3 who, while still a very good player, is having more and more off nights against good defenders, and continued putrid rebounding.  Anyone of these alone could lead to inconsistency; the Celtics have all 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Could the cause of inconsistency be team chemistry?:
    [QUOTE]A 2 guard that can't defend anymore, a 3 who, while still a very good player, is having more and more off nights against good defenders, and continued putrid rebounding.  Anyone of these alone could lead to inconsistency; the Celtics have all 3.
    Posted by jallen1952-formelyJallen3531[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  I would also add that if we had a center who was able to contribute more than Jon and wasn't always injured maybe we would be getting more rebounds.  The rebounding has been a problem for this team for the past several years and is even worse this year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I would agree with those who suggest that what we need out of R9R is 18 points and 9 dimes a game..... every game.

Doc was quoted as saying that he liked Rondo's aggressiveness but there was no ball movement or defense.

In other words.... Lousy chemistry.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo is at his best in a running game, Ray and Pierce are at theit best in a slow down game. Ray and Pierce are past theit prime, Ray can be traded eaisier then Pierce,but in my opinion it;s time for both to go,either for draft picks or young players with up side. In Rondo we already have one very good player, if we could get a star in this years draft we would be on the road back!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Chemistry? Most of the starters have played together for at least 3 seasons. The facts are Boston is old, slow (Rondo excluded), have no desire and a coach who now preaches 'move it, move it, move it' from his 2008 edition of 'move, move, move'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Chemistry? Most of the starters have played together for at least 3 seasons. The facts are Boston is old, slow (Rondo excluded), have no desire and a coach who now preaches 'move it, move it, move it' from his 2008 edition of 'move, move, move'.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

And what is the lakers excuse??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

Do u guys think if we trade PP RA and KG we will make it to the playoffs?Do u guys think rondo can carry the team by himself??like i have been telling u guys if rondo  is scoring 30+ points we still lose,.How PP score 20+points and won game 9 out of 10??do the math,.WE WERE BETTER WITHOUT RONDO!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Could the cause of inconsistency be team chemistry?:
    [QUOTE]Last night's loss can be analyzed from various angles. It seemed Pierce and RA were uninterested! I can't see fatigue being a realistic explanation given the two days off. I watched the "body chemistry" of Pierce and RA when Rondo went ISO. They stood and watched (as did some other C's at times).  An obvious hole in the offense was the absence of Garnett who sets solid picks like no one else. Despite their positive rhetoric in the press, I believe that the Big 3 (especially PP and RA) are somewhat uncomfortable with Rondo's attitude or mentality that he is now the team captain. I like Rondo and give him credit for his incredible talent. Sometimes I just think we lose chemistry and execution when he performs what I might call "incredible circus acts plays". When you see them you find it amazing and yet you look at the scoreboard and see we are not padding the lead. I realize this is not an every game observance. Is the chemistry between Rondo and the Big 3 solid or lukewarm at best? I look forward to others opinions. Go C's!
    Posted by hondorondo[/QUOTE]

Where is the inconsistency?  The Diva does what he wants to do and the team suffers or benefits either way.  Rondo pouts that he didn't make the all-star team so he doesn't show up, then there is a chance that someone will be injured so he could be added to the team so he puts his game ahead of the team and averages 30+ points and had Rose played it would have resulted in two losses.  I have often said to one of the biggest Rondo supporters I know that if Rondo is going to be your leading scorer, it is a recipe for a loss.

Rondo has gone from being someone that avoids shooting just about every single shot possible, content to get his points off steals and being a really bad finisher that occasionally spins one off the backboard that is a player that nobody guards... to a player that nobody guards who now takes the shot and periodically makes some wide open uncontested jumpers that average point guards make as a routine part of their game.

Team chemistry?  Over his career the Cs have a higher winning percentage without him..... And has been expressed recently - when Rondo is not there the ball moves, does not get bogged down in his hands, and they are able to score more easily....... what a shock.

Rondo is hopeful that Rose or Williams will be too injured to play in the all-star game and won't it be a b itch when they get either Brandon Jennings or Kyrie Irving to replace whichever one is hurt........

Rondo's team played better without him but somehow he thinks he should be an all-star....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Chemistry? Most of the starters have played together for at least 3 seasons. The facts are Boston is old, slow (Rondo excluded), have no desire and a coach who now preaches 'move it, move it, move it' from his 2008 edition of 'move, move, move'.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]
    Do you ever have anything of interest to say on this BB? Do you really enjoy the lack of give and take you get being this month's new troll?  You really are a case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Pierce is the Diva. He's the guy who turned his back on his team (hissy fit) and walked off the court during an NBA finals. Undeniably great player but... he's from LA you know.

The game has passed he and Ray by... along with every opponent who can run. I don't think either of them dig Rondo. It's like looking at their tombstones. 

Rondo's tried to play their game for several years. They can't play his game as it involves running. They're just shufflers now who don't even bother to follow their own shots....gotta shuffle back on D.

Why knock the only guy that can play?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Rondo had a helluva game--but Pierce and Allen couldn't seem to fight off the double teams. I thought Detroit's defensive scheme/intensity was excellent, and they were shooting the ball like crazy. The other team DOES have something to do with the outcome!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo had a helluva game--but Pierce and Allen couldn't seem to fight off the double teams. I thought Detroit's defensive scheme/intensity was excellent, and they were shooting the ball like crazy. The other team DOES have something to do with the outcome!
    Posted by clappy[/QUOTE]

Wow... I have been reading here for years that the other team is the Washington Generals and that the other teams is a bunch of nameless / faceless players that have no business being in the NBA.. such that when the Cs lose it has something to do with the Cs not the opponent.....

The game plan was let Rondo do whatever he wants and take Pierce and Allen out  of the game with younger more athletic defenders..... it should also come as know surprise that if you actually watched the game the Pistions point guard did whatever he wanted to against "Rondo the great defender"... go back and watch the tape and watch Ben Gordon make routine jumpers while Rondo is sitting back on his heels, watch how Rondo is destroyed off the dribble by Stuckey on just about every possession......

Yeah Rondo had a helluva game.... watching half the game at the defensive end and being completely ignored at the offensive end of the game.... I have had the debate with a friend of mine over and over again... if Rondo is going to be your leading scorer... you are going to lose and had Rose played last Sunday they would be riding a 3 game losing streak and would be losing their 4th (fourf) straight tonight, maybe beat Detroit and then lose to Dallas and OKC and come home under 500......

Sections
Shortcuts