Could the Celtics be buyers at the Trade Deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Munk762002. Show Munk762002's posts

Could the Celtics be buyers at the Trade Deadline

With the East being as weak as it is and with the a number of draft picks coming and some expiring contracts could the Celtics be  buyers instead of sellers at the trade deadline.

Would be a confidence builder for the younger players and coach Stevens to be a playoff team. 

They do have a number of tradeable pieces to fill needs

another big vet and scorer who knows how deep they could go in the playoffs

Sure they have had a slow start tonight will be there 6th back to back this month schedule sure didn't allow a lot of practice time for a throw together team to get to know each other if they can stay in the hunt in the east until the trade deadline I think The C's are buyers no tanking thats for the Nets and the Knicks Go C's

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Munk762002. Show Munk762002's posts

Re: Could the Celtics be buyers at the Trade Deadline

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you really need to make a new account just repeat what you've been saying the last few weeks?

[/QUOTE]

first time I have ever posted here dont know what your saying

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" could the Celtics be  buyers instead of sellers at the trade deadline."

no.

Fortunately Ainge understands you need a transcendant talent to win championships in the NBA. Championships and tanking go hand in hand. Celts don't have the assets to buy anything interesting.

By the way the Knicks and Nets aren't trying to tank, their teams just stink at the moment. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

[QUOTE]

Celts would be buyers, buyers of draft picks!

Don't be surprised if the Celts have 3 1st round picks in next June's draft.

[/QUOTE]

I bet Danny makes a deal around the deadline.  He has a trade exemption and expiring contracts in which to 1) unload salary of Wallace/Lee, 2) acquire pick(s), and/or 3) use his assets to acquire a great player from a fellow bottom feeding team.  I don't think he does it trying to be competitive this year, rather he does it to continue building the team for the future if a good opportunity presents itself.  To me, he just needs to be patient and do this the right way.

We just lost to the Bucks again.  Very competitive, we are not, but I do like some of our players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

in that vein and looking at the Milwaukee roster:

how about getting Sanders and Knight from the Bucks?

Sanders when healthy is a good shotblocker, defender and rebounder at Center

Knight is more of a combo guard than true point, but is young.

Rondo might do it.

next years roster:

Sanders

Fav

Sully

KO

Bass (probably move him for another piece)

Green

Wallace

Bradley (money will be there to re-sign from Humphries)

Lee

Knight

Pressey

two first round picks (BPA)

Maybe Crawford re-signed also

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Do you really need to make a new account just repeat what you've been saying the last few weeks?

Interesting question Munk but I hope they stay the course.  I am sure Stevens is onboard with the longterm plan.  Besides it is anybody's guess how many of these guys will even still be around in a few years to reap the benefits of any poss playoff experience this year. 

And to welcome you to the board here is a tremendously interesting post by the kid who slammed you.  I'd say he is a loser but you can just look at the frequency of his posts and decide for yourself.  I particularly like his conclusion on this one-he really goes out on a limb.  Feel free to put him on ignore-everybody else seems to.

How we got our last championship

posted at 11/30/2013 5:50 AM EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/2/2009
    • Last: 12/1/2013

Right now everything is speculation regarding what Ainge will do.

But if we were to analyze how the Celts got another championship after 21 years, it's simple, the Celts had more superior players.

Lebron and the Cavs couldn't keep up in 2008 because Lebron couldn't do it all by himself.

So did Kobe and the Lakers, Kobe and Pau Gasol were not enough.

The Celts simply had more firepower.

Sure the new salary cap rules will discourage teams from trying to create super teams like the Celtics Big 3 in 2008 and the Heat's current Big 3, but it doesn't mean you don't need star power anymore.

The NBA is a superstar driven league because it thrives if the best players are the ones winning championships.

Let's just put it this way, the Spurs would've won that championship last season if not for the 3-point shot of Lebron.

I know, it was Ray Allen who tied the game with that corner 3.

But Lebron is not known as 3-point shooter but he delivered when his team needed it the most.

Just like in 2008, if Paul Pierce didn't keep up with Lebron's 45 points, Pierce had 41 points, in Game 7 of that east semis, the Celts would still be stuck at 16 championships right now.

Right now what the Celts need is the next Celtic superstar.

It doesn't matter how Ainge will get that superstar as long as Ainge get him sooner than later.

One thing's for sure, Banner 18 will not become a reality until the Celts get that star player who will score a lot of points and make clutch baskets in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Munk762002. Show Munk762002's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

in that vein and looking at the Milwaukee roster:

how about getting Sanders and Knight from the Bucks?

Sanders when healthy is a good shotblocker, defender and rebounder at Center

Knight is more of a combo guard than true point, but is young.

Rondo might do it.

next years roster:

Sanders

Fav

Sully

KO

Bass (probably move him for another piece)

Green

Wallace

Bradley (money will be there to re-sign from Humphries)

Lee

Knight

Pressey

two first round picks (BPA)

Maybe Crawford re-signed also

If we are looking at next year or a couple years down the road I would like to see

G - Rondo Bradly Crawford 

SF - Green

PF- Sullinger KO

C - Fav

say if 2 of the 3 first round picks pan out great if they can get a decent guard and a athletic forward in the draft.  Get a vet guard and big (Perk).  Then  some how end up with Hayward with his old coach. I think that would be a fun team to watch

Dont know how the salary cap works fits but if they unload Humphries Wallace Bass Lee Bogans contracts in the next couple years I think they could have something special building in Boston 

dont know what you all think of the trade with the Nets now, but I am thinking DA got the better end of that deal at the moment.

sleeper to watch Brooks? 

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Wow, another heyward fan.  Sure seems popular lately, for just another average nba player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Munk762002. Show Munk762002's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, another heyward fan.  Sure seems popular lately, for just another average nba player.

[/QUOTE]

He becomes popular because of his past with Stevens could be a decent roll player not saying superstar by any means there are plenty of others that could fill that roll.

I dont know if you noticed but there are a lot of average nba players I grew up watching in the 60's guess I got spoiled. Most of the teams (16) had great players not diluted like it is now. Stern ruined the game with showtime, expansion and superstars its a business now not a game. The rules dont pertain to certain players my favorite is when an announcer will say he will get that call after he has been in the league a few years,  if its a violation call it. The Refs control the game to much.

I suffered through some pretty bad seasons in all my years beings a Celts fan up here in Northern Maine look forward to them every winter. I like the direction they are going in. The new coach some of the young players fun to watch again not stagnet and predictable like they were getting to be with Doc. I was sorry to see Pierce and Garnett leave. I  would like to have seen Pierce retire a Celt but thanks for the memories time to move forward. I am sure it may take a few years to be back on top again but the Ox is slow and the land is patient

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts