Could the Nets Fizzle and the 3 No. 1's become more Valuable For Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Could the Nets Fizzle and the 3 No. 1's become more Valuable For Boston?

I wish Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce well, but maybe there is little left in the gas tank.  If the trade becomes a dud, what will the Nets do?  Can they spend more over the cap?  I'm not a capologist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Re: Could the Nets Fizzle and the 3 No. 1's become more Valuable For Boston?

The Russian Billionaire is willing to spend anything to win it.  Paul is an expiring contract who could be traded for a longer contract if things don't work out. 

I mean, if Deron Williams got injured, the Nets would probably have an average season.  Williams is not the best conditionned athlete out there.  We all know that KG will show up in great shape.  He does not have to play in the post anymore.

The Nets are loaded with talent and it's just the beginning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It's the Nets.

Anything could happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

What we do know is that for the past two years or so, KG has had an injury that kept him out of a good number of games and there is a pretty good likelihood he gets injured again... he will also play less minutes this year than last... PP could have the same things happen because of age.... if any of this should happen, NJ becomes an average team on both ends...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

What we do know is that for the past two years or so, KG has had an injury that kept him out of a good number of games and there is a pretty good likelihood he gets injured again... he will also play less minutes this year than last... PP could have the same things happen because of age.... if any of this should happen, NJ becomes an average team on both ends...

yup...that's why i like this trade so much...we are not going to be old anymore...this needed to happen...don't get me wrong..i love KG and PP...but we are going to run the ball next season...should be fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Maybe the nets can truly play them 20 and 25 minutes and both thrive.  I'm more worried about kg than pp.  I think the truth is gonna score like 16 a game for them.  We know what kg could add if he's healthy But that's a bigger if.  At least Lopez can do the brunt of the physical work now.

i look for the nets to be a good team next year.  I doubt they will be that good in two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adamedarrell. Show adamedarrell's posts

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to cavaliersfan's comment:

I wish Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce well, but maybe there is little left in the gas tank.  If the trade becomes a dud, what will the Nets do?  Can they spend more over the cap?  I'm not a capologist.

As long as they can find trade partners.

Right now the biggest contract the Nets can offer is the 3m MLE.

Fierce34, Thank you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

the 2016 pick coould be low

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I think that there is a good possibility that both 2016 and 2018 picks are high.  Once KG and Pierce retire, Brooklyn will still have $61M tied up in salaries of just 3 players.  I don't see free agent signings and I don't see draft picks panning out in a big way.  The Nets should be pretty bad in 2015-16 and 2017-18.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Maybe the nets can truly play them 20 and 25 minutes and both thrive.  I'm more worried about kg than pp.  I think the truth is gonna score like 16 a game for them.  We know what kg could add if he's healthy But that's a bigger if.  At least Lopez can do the brunt of the physical work now.

i look for the nets to be a good team next year.  I doubt they will be that good in two.

Agree.  If both Pierce and KG are healthy and play less minutes on a consistent basis the Nets should be a very good team.  I would definitely like to see them be successful next season for both Pierce and KG.  It will be interesting to see how good they are. 

Sections
Shortcuts