Could we be better next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Could we be better next year?

Yep , with Rondo back, Jeff Green healthy and most likely better than last year, Sully  back and adding a lot, KO looking like a great team player that can do a lot,  size and strength from across the sea, Badley should be better, he has no way to go but up, the veterans are decient, not great but they are not bad and should fit in.  When I think about last year, I do not see why we will not be better.  Paul and KG are gone but thuth is they were nowhere near their best when under pressure in the playoffs last year.  I think we have a much better coach, especially for this team, Doc needs vets like he has at Clipper land.  10 million exception and what 6 or more first round choices in the future, thinks look good.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Could we be better next year?

Will be an exciting 12 months. No title run for us this year, but we are well positioned for a couple-few years down the road. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

We could very easily be better next year.

We were only one game over .500 last year, so the bar is kind of low.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I hope they give lots of playing time to the young players,try to avoid the 8th seeded team.The future looks bright.Go celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

yep!

I would argue if the teams wants to be better than last year, they should pursue a Rondo & Bass to Detroit for Knight, Monroe and Villanuella deal.

Then look at a Crawford to Phoenix for K. Marshall.

roster looks like

C- Monroe

C- Melo

C- Iverson or Fav

PF/C- KO

PF- Sullinger

PF- Humphries

SF- Green

SF- Wallace

SF- Bogans

SG- Bradley

SG- Lee

SG- Brooks

PG- Knight

PG- Marshall

PG- Pressey

that team (barring major injury) wins 40-45 games next year, IMO.

9 first round picks in the next 5 years.

a boatload of expiring contracts

Monroe- $4M

Humprhies- $12M

Bogans- $5M ( supossedly non-guaranteed future years)

Bradley- $2M

Knight - $2.7M (team option)

Marhsall- $2M ( Team option)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Yep , with Rondo back, Jeff Green healthy and most likely better than last year, Sully  back and adding a lot, KO looking like a great team player that can do a lot,  size and strength from across the sea, Badley should be better, he has no way to go but up, the veterans are decient, not great but they are not bad and should fit in.  When I think about last year, I do not see why we will not be better.  Paul and KG are gone but thuth is they were nowhere near their best when under pressure in the playoffs last year.  I think we have a much better coach, especially for this team, Doc needs vets like he has at Clipper land.  10 million exception and what 6 or more first round choices in the future, thinks look good.  

Many fans were upset when Perkins was traded because he represented the "enforcer" down low. He was strong but injury prone, slow of foot, couldn't jump and had a limited offensive game. Despite limitations he was effective and his loss represented a step backward for the Celtics.

We now have two Perkins clones in Iverson and Averanti, both more offensively skilled than Perkins, both ala Perkins unmoveable objects down low yet both signings currently undervalued. How  their signings are so easily dismissed while we rejoice at other roster spots. Why should we need Andre Drummond, a manchild who lacks enthusiasm and whose athleticism is so far statistically unimpressive? Perhaps neither Iverson nor Averanti will prove to be Perkins equal but I like our chances that they will surpass our expectations.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to moskk's comment:

Many fans were upset when Perkins was traded because he represented the "enforcer" down low. He was strong but injury prone, slow of foot, couldn't jump and had a limited offensive game. Despite limitations he was effective and his loss represented a step backward for the Celtics.

We now have two Perkins clones in Iverson and Averanti, both more offensively skilled than Perkins, both ala Perkins unmoveable objects down low yet both signings currently undervalued. How is their signings are so easily dismissed while we rejoice at other roster spots. Why should we need Andre Drummond, a manchild who lacks enthusiasm and whose athleticism is so far statistically unimpressive? Perhaps neither Iverson nor Averanti will prove to be Perkins equal but I like our chances that they will surpass our expectations.

are you seriously comparing Iverson and Fav to Drummond?

I think you need to take another look.

doesn't matter though, detriot is NOT letting Drummond go.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drumman01.html

just because some guy is wearing a Celtics jersey, doesn;t make him an NBA player.

history tells us both of these guys are end of benchers at best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

We now have two Perkins clones in Iverson and Averanti, both more offensively skilled than Perkins, both ala Perkins unmoveable objects down low yet both signings currently undervalued. How  their signings are so easily dismissed while we rejoice at other roster spots. Why should we need Andre Drummond, a manchild who lacks enthusiasm and whose athleticism is so far statistically unimpressive? Perhaps neither Iverson nor Averanti will prove to be Perkins equal but I like our chances that they will surpass our expectations.

just because some guy is wearing a Celtics jersey, doesn;t make him an NBA player.

History tells us....quite an authority when conveniently authenticating an argument...A high basketball IQ helps wonders (consider the sad plight of Fab Melo) but similar to the draft how a player responds to the NBA challenge is a calculated guess but "statistically" (notice how I justify my point similar to your ..."History tells us") DA has been quite clever at identifying talent and this round belongs to him. IMO both players have shown indications of vertical growth in their level of performance. Considering their low cost and risk/reward potential I also like the odds....In the case of Drummond the high cost is less appealing when "lack of enthusiasm" casts a shadow over potential!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

We now have two Perkins clones in Iverson and Averanti, both more offensively skilled than Perkins, both ala Perkins unmoveable objects down low yet both signings currently undervalued. How is their signings are so easily dismissed while we rejoice at other roster spots. Why should we need Andre Drummond, a manchild who lacks enthusiasm and whose athleticism is so far statistically unimpressive? Perhaps neither Iverson nor Averanti will prove to be Perkins equal but I like our chances that they will surpass our expectations.

History tells us....quite an authority when conveniently authenticating an argument...A high basketball IQ helps wonders (consider the sad plight of Fab Melo) but similar to the draft how a player responds to the NBA challenge is a calculated guess but "statistically" (notice how I justify my point similar to your ..."History tells us") DA has been quite clever at identifying talent and this round belongs to him. IMO both players have shown indications of vertical growth in their level of performance. Considering their low cost and risk/reward potential I also like the odds....In the case of Drummond the high cost is less appealing when "lack of enthusiasm" casts a shadow over potential!

we'll see in a couple years

I predict we'll all be saying Iverson and fav WHO?

Drummond will be  a starting NBA center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

we'll see in a couple years

I predict we'll all be saying Iverson and fav WHO?

Drummond will be  a starting NBA center.

As long as Drummond is playing for Detroit...I couldn't accept Rondo for Drummond as a fair trade....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

It wasn't playoff pressure that seemed to diminish PP and KG; it was the number of minutes and playing out of position.  Without Rondo, Pierce was supposed to be the point, and KG was thrust in at center where he had to wrestle with behemoths all season, ultimately wearing him down.  Neither player felt pressure in any way other than they knew that if they sat, the on-court ship was rudderless, with only Green and sometimes Bass to play with any consistency.  The team was disappointing mostly because of a lack of effective players, especially shooting guards (the Celtics' SGs could not shoot).  No points, no wins.  That was all on Ainge's head, by the way, not Doc's.  Only Danny Boy drew up the roster and handed it to Doc and basically said, "good luck with that".  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to painter's comment:

It wasn't playoff pressure that seemed to diminish PP and KG; it was the number of minutes and playing out of position.  Without Rondo, Pierce was supposed to be the point, and KG was thrust in at center where he had to wrestle with behemoths all season, ultimately wearing him down.  Neither player felt pressure in any way other than they knew that if they sat, the on-court ship was rudderless, with only Green and sometimes Bass to play with any consistency.  The team was disappointing mostly because of a lack of effective players, especially shooting guards (the Celtics' SGs could not shoot).  No points, no wins.  That was all on Ainge's head, by the way, not Doc's.  Only Danny Boy drew up the roster and handed it to Doc and basically said, "good luck with that".  

Penetration sets up open shots and without Rondo that element was exposed. We were consistently out-rebounded which reduced our possesions and increased their second shot opportunities. Sullinger was missed because he could have been our best inside player.  But the inconsistancy of Bass was unexpected and Green stayed on the perimeter too much waiting for the passes that didn't come. When he did score opponents double-teamed him since our scoring threats were reduced to KG, Pierce and Green.

Missing two key players can affect a teams effectiveness. You also make important observations regarding  the changing roles for Pierce and KG as well as the minutes played. We were rudderless and tired as a team. Our injection of youth and return of two key players should invigorate a tired team. It remains to be seen how Danny adjusts the roster to best optimize chemistry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

It was all on DA's head? What about the injuries to Rondo, Sullinger and Barbosa. I think they had an effect on offense, wins and losses and extended playing time for our vets. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

As long as Drummond is playing for Detroit...I couldn't accept Rondo for Drummond as a fair trade....

[/QUOTE]

well I certainly can understand your pointof view there.

I would personally take Monroe or Drummond WITH Knight for Rondo myself.

but I am probably in the minority on tht point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If you are going to trade Rondo and Bass send them to Sacramento for Fredette and Cousins and a future 1rst round draft choice. With those guys you have a chance to succeed in the future.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The difference between their minutes and the minutes of the big 3 from san Antonio is that pp and kg had do do everything while they were on the floor.  they were shortened minutyea last year, but heavier minutes.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Agree mostly; but Rondo got hurt - blame Fate! (and Danny for not having a back up).  Darko got sat - blame Doc! If Doc plays Darko 15-20 mins (weren't they in love with him pre-season) and KG can play less minutes at the 5 and if Rondo stays healthy...Doc chose small ball when he could have gone bigger.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to cole-ely's comment:

The difference between their minutes and the minutes of the big 3 from san Antonio is that pp and kg had do do everything while they were on the floor.  they were shortened minutyea last year, but heavier minutes.

If you look at the salaries, Pierce and KG have bigger salaries than Parker and Duncan.

That's why some of us here keep saying KG should have taken less money so that the Celtics can get another quality player to help the team out.

KG has a bigger contract than Duncan right now.

Brooklyn swallowed a poison pill.

Sections
Shortcuts