Could we get Saric at #17?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Could we get Saric at #17?!

New rumor floating around that Dario Saric will only come to the NBA next year if drafted by the CELTICS or lakers.  If this is true, and LA doesn't take him at 7, will he hang around until 17?  

I can see some team taking him anyway and just stashing him, but that seems to me to be a mistake in a fairly deep draft.

http://t.basketball.realgm.com/realgm/#!/entry/dario-saric-will-come-to-nba-immediately-if-drafted-by,53877a54e56d0bb8535feffa

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: Could we get Saric at #17?!

If he fell to 17 I take him in a heartbeat. I think someone will call his bluff first. There's also teams who might like the fact he doesn't want to come over yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

New rumor floating around that Dario Saric will only come to the NBA next year if drafted by the CELTICS or lakers.  If this is true, and LA doesn't take him at 7, will he hang around until 17?  

I can see some team taking him anyway and just stashing him, but that seems to me to be a mistake in a fairly deep draft.

http://t.basketball.realgm.com/realgm/#!/entry/dario-saric-will-come-to-nba-immediately-if-drafted-by,53877a54e56d0bb8535feffa" rel="nofollow">http://t.basketball.realgm.com/realgm/#!/entry/dario-saric-will-come-to-nba-immediately-if-drafted-by,53877a54e56d0bb8535feffa

I would say there is a fifty fifty chance.  la wont take him at 7, and while he is better than a 17 pick, teams like Atlanta, at 15, aren't really in a position to be stashing first round picks overseas.  He would be a steal at 17.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

completely worthless report with no evidence or quote

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Dario Saric, a sweet-shooting, 20-year-old Croatian point-forward, has yet to make up his mind on coming out for June's NBA Draft. If the Adriatic League MVP does come out in 2014, however, he wants to be picked by the Celtics or Lakers.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/05/dario_saric_wants_to_play_for_the_celtics_lakers.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

He is the bizarro world version of Jeff Green.  JG lacks confidence, ball handling, and BBallIQ, but is an elite athlete. Saric lacks explosive athleticism, but has handle, IQ, and is brimming with confidence. I think he really believes he is the best player in this draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I think that if this report is true, then he will definitely be available at 17.  Question is, do we really want him?  He's already making himself out to be another prima donna head case..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Stay away. He is a project.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Saric is a smaller Olynyk. Sort of redundant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I have my doubts on this guy. After seeing so many euros picked by Toronto, I think this one is no different. Same style, long tall and loves the 3. Nothing dramatic or feisty about him. I still would pick Warren or Lavine at 17th. Warren looks NBA ready. Saric, not close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

+1 Cabutan.  But give credit to Saric's agents.  Making some people here think that the C's could get a steal at 17, when there's much better players available.

If Saric plays in the NBA next year, and get's inserted into someone's starting line-up?  Make sure that if you play Fantasy Basketball, that you start whichever player Saric is guarding?  Saric versus Brandon Bass?  Expect Bass to score 63 points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

I have my doubts on this guy. After seeing so many euros picked by Toronto, I think this one is no different. Same style, long tall and loves the 3. Nothing dramatic or feisty about him. I still would pick Warren or Lavine at 17th. Warren looks NBA ready. Saric, not close.

I would love LaVine at 17.  Would take him over Saric. But his stock was helped so much at the combine I really expect him to go in the 12-14 range.  I see him bumping out guys like Harris and Hood because his ceiling is so high.  

DraftExpess has us taking LaVine there though, so you never know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

I would love LaVine at 17.  Would take him over Saric. But his stock was helped so much at the combine I really expect him to go in the 12-14 range.  I see him bumping out guys like Harris and Hood because his ceiling is so high.  

DraftExpess has us taking LaVine there though, so you never know.

So far, LaVines workout has been the most impressive to me. Even more than Jabari who looks like a dude suffering from anxiety attacks.. I know Jabari is better but LaVine surely showed some composure in that workout. ..but lets not underestimate Warren. Body wise, I think he is NBA ready and has an odd but effective shot..he can knock them down...DA will do something else though..you will see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Pick the best guys available regardless of flaws. The talent level of this team needs a vast upgrade. I don't care of they have to draft two more PF's, do it if they are the best players available.

There will be no huge deal made that will make the C's an instant contender. Stop dreaming. Let reality set in. DA tried to make deals at the trade deadline and nobody wanted our high priced trash for any deals.They all know Rondon't will be available next year anyways, so why trade away value when you can get him for nada. Green...Nobody wants Mr. Inconsistent. Let's just accept reality and get good players no matter what position they play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The good thing about the 17th pick is there are a number of intriguing prospects that could be available.  Personally I think any of these guys could progress to become starters in the league at some point: Warren, Saric, McDaniels, LaVine, Payne, Porzingis, Harris, Anderson, and Capella. Obviously some of those guys would have to slide but at least a couple of them will be there when we are picking. I would be happy with any one of these guys at 17.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Vonleh or Randle at #6 and a PG at #17.

Dump Rondo and Bradley.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Saric is a smaller Olynyk. Sort of redundant.

Not at all.

The problem is you see Olynyk as Dirk.

I see Olynyk as a Christian Laettner who shoots some 3's.

Laettner was a 16-17 point 8-9 rebound PF-C for his prime that most people forget was a good guy to have age 23-29 as your 4th-6th best player b/c of how hyped he was in college.

Dirk is one of the 10 greatest forwards of all time.

Lay off the Olynyk as Dirk talk please!

And if Saric becomes Turkoglu, a versatile 14-16 point, 4-5 rebound, 3-4 assist SF-PF putting up career 45/78/38 shooting %'s then that would be a steal at 17 worthy of being picked 6-10 spots higher. Like Oly at 13 was worth being taking 4-5 spots higher. But both guys are players you'll want being your 5th-7th best on a contender, neither will ever make up a 'big three' or probably even be an all-star.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

And if Saric becomes Turkoglu, a versatile 14-16 point, 4-5 rebound, 3-4 assist SF-PF putting up career 45/78/38 shooting %'s then that would be a steal at 17 worthy of being picked 6-10 spots higher. Like Oly at 13 was worth being taking 4-5 spots higher. But both guys are players you'll want being your 5th-7th best on a contender, neither will ever make up a 'big three' or probably even be an all-star.

Did you contradict yourself again?

Didn't you say you would pick Saric ahead of JULIUS RANDLE?

Not very bright are you?

How could I contradict myself saying I would prefer Saric over Randle for this team when I simply state Saric would be a steal at #17?

Are you incapable of following simple logic?

I would take Gordon, Smart and Vonleh over Saric (in that order) but I am not high on Randle at all. An undersized PF with Antoine's body, no left hand and not as big an upside as people think. He is so redundant with Sully there is no way I want him over a future Turkoglu in Saric.

Of course you would draft Doug McBuckets over Vonleh, Saric, Randle and Gordon so we'll forgive you for not having a clue about the abilities, value and talent of the players in this draft.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Not very bright are you?

How could I contradict myself saying I would prefer Saric over Randle for this team when I simply state Saric would be a steal at #17?

Are you incapable of following simple logic?

I would take Gordon, Smart and Vonleh over Saric (in that order) but I am not high on Randle at all. An undersized PF with Antoine's body, no left hand and not as big an upside as people think. He is so redundant with Sully there is no way I want him over a future Turkoglu in Saric.

Of course you would draft Doug McBuckets over Vonleh, Saric, Randle and Gordon so we'll forgive you for not having a clue about the abilities, value and talent of the players in this draft.

You're the one who's not very bright.

No team will pick Saric ahead of Julius Randle.

Get it?

Wanna bet on it?

I bet you that there is a greater chance the Celtics add Saric to this team than draft Randle.

It does not matter if he is drafted before him, it matter if he is the better fir for this team.

Danny can pass on Randle, trade down, another team takes Randle, the C's still get Saric later on, and I would be right, get it?

It is all about value and fit.

Saric fits on this club

Randle does not.

But since more teams would draft Randle in the 6-9 range over Saric there is more value in trading that pick and moving down. I would draft Saric ahead of Randle, but not if the Hornets want to draft Randle at #6 and trade us #9 and #24 for the right to do that and we can still get Saric 9th.

Get it?

I'll bet you Saric has a greater chance of being a Celtic than Randle. If the C's have Saric on this team, regardless of draft position, you leave this board for the rest of 2013. If they have Randle on this team I will leave for the rest of 2013.

Deal?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

rame

The issue here is not Saric at #17.

You said you would pick Saric ahead of Randle.

Why are you backtracking?

You agree with me that Randle will be picked ahead of Saric or not?

If you don't agree then let's bet on it.

Deal?

You can't follow the logic than don't come to the table. 

I said I would draft Saric before Randle, b/c he fits this team better, but that it is not good business in terms of the value of the players to other teams.

So while I would not take Randle over Saric, I would trade down to a team who would take Randle before drafting Saric before him. It is just good business. Is there a chance Danny takes Saric 6th? Yes. But with the players still on the board, probably Randle being one of them, it would be bad business b/c he could trade down and add Saric and more assets.

If you want to bet on who will be a Celtic next year regardless of draft position, Randle or Saric, you are on. I bet you Aaron Gordon will be drafted ahead of Doug McDermott.

Remember when you said it was 'idiotic' to consider drafting Gordon 7th?

Man were you WRONG.

• Sections
    Shortcuts