Cousins Wants Out of Sacto...again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Cousins Wants Out of Sacto...again

Assuming that the Clippers deal is actually dead... for good.

and assuming that Doc leaves to the broadcast booth or the beach, because now it is public knowledge that his heart is not into coaching a rebuild.

and assuming that Garnett decides to hang up his sneakers because he isn't intersted in busting his balls without Doc (and probablyPP) on a non-playoff team.  

and assuming the Rondo rumors of friction with one of the most respected coaches in the league is true, and a new coach will have second thoughts about locking horns with the petulent one.

Then:

Trade Rondo, Melo and 2 first round draft picks (2013 and 2015) FOR

Cousins, Salmons and Fridette.  

We clearly would be doing this deal to land Cousins as both Salmons nor Fridette underwhelmed last year and have undesireable contracts.  They would be short term role players.   

Cousins, Sully, Green and maybe Bradley provide the foundation of a rebuild.  With Pierce and Garnett (and Bass, Lee and Terry who retires) off the books after next year, we have some FA signing space and we're back in business.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Cousins Wants Out of Sacto...again

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Assuming that the Clippers deal is actually dead... for good.

and assuming that Doc leaves to the broadcast booth or the beach, because now it is public knowledge that his heart is not into coaching a rebuild.

and assuming that Garnett decides to hang up his sneakers because he isn't intersted in busting his balls without Doc (and probablyPP) on a non-playoff team.  

and assuming the Rondo rumors of friction with one of the most respected coaches in the league is true, and a new coach will have second thoughts about locking horns with the petulent one.

Then:

Trade Rondo, Melo and 2 first round draft picks (2013 and 2015) FOR

Cousins, Salmons and Fridette.  

We clearly would be doing this deal to land Cousins as both Salmons nor Fridette underwhelmed last year and have undesireable contracts.  They would be short term role players.   

Cousins, Sully, Green and maybe Bradley provide the foundation of a rebuild.  With Pierce and Garnett (and Bass, Lee and Terry who retires) off the books after next year, we have some FA signing space and we're back in business.  

I'm in!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

i would do it in a heartbeat! i would love to rid ourselves of rondo but does he have alot of value at this point coming off an acl surgery?  i would believe sacremento would want either bradley or sullinger as well.. i would also love to see tyreke evans come to boston as well i like what he could become as a celtic the kings really sabatoged him.

Boston Celtics, and Bruins fan till i die!

Anything is possible!!! -- kevin garnett

If we Go down we go down fighting --Brad marchand

one hundred thirty-four years ago yesterday, a bunch of rag-tag farmers stood up against the greatest fighting force in the world. And today school children in Massachusetts have Patriot's Day off because of that. Well, a bunch of modern-day Bostonians have turned back Hockey's royalty and they have sent their faithful on a redcoated retreat through the exits. It's 4-2 Bruins, --- Jack edwards

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

No jimmer, please. That trade sucks. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Not to mention that now is not to trade rondo. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You want to get rid of rondos attitude by trading for cousins?  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think your trades are interesting but I think Doc could still come back and KG may be back even if he is not.  Cousins with a year of KG playing with him was always a good idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I think your trades are interesting but I think Doc could still come back and KG may be back even if he is not.  Cousins with a year of KG playing with him was always a good idea.

Ideally yes, realistically I don't think he plays without Doc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I do not think it is in the best interest of C's to lose Rondo, especially for equally troublesome center in Cousins. They should hold on to Green, Rondo and Sully, I am in to trade any/everyone else to get Cousins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I live in Sacramento.  Rondo is a boyscout compared to Cousins.  Make no mistake, Cousins will last a month in Boston before everyone on this board is yelling at Danny for making the move.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

if the celtics are rebuilding, trading 2 picks, which could potentially end up top 10, if not top 5 along with rondo for a headcase is not a good idea.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to jrmccook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if the celtics are rebuilding, trading 2 picks, which could potentially end up top 10, if not top 5 along with rondo for a headcase is not a good idea.

It's not even true that Cousins want out of Sacto or the Kings are going to trade Cousins. So our 1st round picks are safe, for now.

[/QUOTE]
    I kknow, i'm just pointing out the pitinoesque poor thinking in this trade.

Sections
Shortcuts