Coutney Lee is better than I thought

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Coutney Lee is better than I thought

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Courtney was very impressive last night.

He and Rondo worked really well together.

I hate the no center stuff. Doc Rivers drives me crazy.

[/QUOTE]

Get used to it Kirk, this team is built with the Heat in mind..We have the big centers, but they will slow you down...They will come in handy against a select few teams..this is an exciting brand of b ball... 

Lee impressed me too..I thought his shooting was horrible during the pre season, but its getting better and I love the D...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Agree about Lee.

IMO, in previous games he showed "in static" what he can do. Yesterday he showed the same, plus shooting, "in motion". And speed of that "motion" was way above the speed limit in Brooklyn.

As for the centers, Celtics currently have 2 - KG and JC. It'll take some time for JC and Darko (when he comes back) to learn and execute all the Celtics offensive and defensive sets.

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Lee comes as advertised. Very good defender, fast, athetic, gets to the hoop well, a great addition to rondo in the run game. Only down side is he is not a knock down shooter. He can make shots, but the shot itself is a little ugly and he is not going to kill anyone from downtown. The surprise to me is that with all of these pluses he also seems to be a player who doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Often atheltic players (ala Jeff Green and even rondo) can be prone to trying to do too much sometimes, but Lee seems to play very much within himself. It's one of the qualities you have to like about Sullinger early on. He clealry has weaknesses, but he appears to know it and seems to really be amking an effort to play within the offense. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Not a big surprise on Lee.  Hell he was good as a rookie.  He had to get better playing in the NBA the last few years.  This is the first winning team,  (i think) since his rookie year.   He is buying into the team concept.  He just wants to win.   If he is better than you thought,  wait a few games into the season and see him getting to loose balls and streaking up the court.   Your in for a good surprise.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm very surprised by Lee.  I was one of the people confused by the Celtics fixation on Lee, but, hey, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong.  Lee has looked great.  Both Terry and Lee are an upgrade over Ray.  They both can create their own shots and I didn't realize how much th Celtics missed that until I saw it again.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I agree...I don't understand why more guys at his size and athleticism dont develop the pull up from 15-18 the way he has (and the way he pulls into it when they run at him).  Also, Jeff Green looked like a man among boys last night and Sullinger is no joke on the glass or around the basket in general.  Terry can flat out play.  These are basically our bench guys.  We need a real backup PG but I'm not complaining; this is a deep team and there is no such thing as a team with zero weaknesses.  Terry and eventually Bradly will be sufficient as back up PGs to handle the team when Rondo needs a spell.  Terry has already shown some lay down passes for higher percentage shots when he was wide open himself.  Lots of versatility.  I hope the gang of scrub 5s can run with Rondo.  If we get that we should go deep.  Then we keep Melo and Joseph and maybe Downs and that leaves Kurz odd man out and we haven't even talked about Barbarosa...I guess Downs is out too...not a bad roster problem to have given the question marks at the end of last season.  EXCELLENT job Danny Ainge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We would be singing a different tune if we had that selfish, overrated idiot O.J. Mayo!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I think that Lee has surprised many Celtics fans so far, but the real tests are still ahead.

How he responds and fits in with both the starters and the second unit over the full 82 games will really show how good he can be.

I am very impressed so far, and hope that this guy can continue to impress us all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The ONLY thing I think we missed on was PJIII over Melo.  Can you imagine a unit of Bradley, Terry, Green, Bass and PJIII????  That team could make the playoffs in the East!!

Sections
Shortcuts