CP3 & DH12?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: CP3 & DH12?

no, one of the big reasons LA wants doc and co. is to appease paul and get him to stay in LA. another interesting wrinkle. how much cap space would LA have to shed to be able to afford paul AND howard? seems unlikely.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

but if boston and the lakers both want bledsoe, that could be a problem. if the clips can sign howard, as you said above, and hang onto CP3 and griffin, would they still want/need KG? interesting developments.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

what if doc and PP ended up in LA, next to howard, griffin and CP3, and KG was left out of the mix? would there be another team he'd waive his no-trade clause to go to? would he just retire? would he remain a celtic??

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the story you linked mentioned a sign and trade: griffin for howard. just commenting on the story YOU linked. ;)

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Maybe the hope is to offload Griffin & Jordan, and get KG, Dwight, CP3 and Doc all on the Clippers? I don't see that making a ton of sense. Can the Clipper even afford both CP3 and DH12? Even if they did a bigger deal to get PP and buy him out to free up 10M, it just seems like they won't have enough.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

[QUOTE]

the story you linked mentioned a sign and trade: griffin for howard. just commenting on the story YOU linked. ;)

Right now the Lakers can't execute a S&T because they're over the tax apron.

And the Clips don't have to S&T Blake Griffin.

Why settle for only DH and CP3 when the Clips can have Blake Griffin, CP3, and DH12!

[/QUOTE]

YEAH! It would confuse defenses so much! They'd be all "who do we hack? Do we hack Dwight or Blake?"

Maybe they do an alternation of hacking dwight and then hacking blake.

YEAH!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

Maybe the hope is to offload Griffin & Jordan, and get KG, Dwight, CP3 and Doc all on the Clippers? I don't see that making a ton of sense. Can the Clipper even afford both CP3 and DH12? Even if they did a bigger deal to get PP and buy him out to free up 10M, it just seems like they won't have enough.

If the Clips only trade for PP then they can have both CP3 and DH12 to go along with Griffin.

Pierce for Jordan, Butler, and Bledsoe will give the Clips enough cap space for DH12, CP3, and Griffin.

Why would the Clips prefer KG instead of Blake Griffin when KG's already 37 years old.

[/QUOTE]

That would be interesting ... Would KG retire? Why would the Celtics remain above the tax apron, taking on 18M in salary over multiple years ... just to get Bledsoe?

That doesn't make much sense to me.

Do you know if the Clippers can just amnesty Butler? Was he signed post new CBA? That would make more sense. 

Amnesty Butlers 8M, trade Jordan & Bledsoe for KG. Sign CP3 & DH. Though I still don't like DH signing in this scenerio. If I were the Clipps, I'd keep KG & BG frontcourt and go sign Josh Smith and O.J. Mayo instead of Dwight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

YEAH! It would confuse defenses so much! They'd be all "who do we hack? Do we hack Dwight or Blake?"

Maybe they do an alternation of hacking dwight and then hacking blake.

YEAH!!

But you would also see a lot of great dunks from Griffin and Howard.

Remember, the NBA is a business first and a sport second.

[/QUOTE]

Ill give you that. You see my point about foul shooting though. Don't expect two horrible free throw shooters to win grind-it-out playoff games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Can you imagine:

CP3

O.J. Mayo

Josh Smith

Blake Griffin

Kevin Garnett

Tell me that would not be a favorite going in to 2013-14 season??

(with Doc Rivers as coach)

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Can you imagine:

CP3

O.J. Mayo

Josh Smith

Blake Griffin

Kevin Garnett

Tell me that would not be a favorite going in to 2013-14 season??

A lineup like that is not possible.

Remember, the Clips are also a team over the salary cap.

[/QUOTE]

I think its possible ... 

Right now they have 45M under contract for 2013-14

If they Trade Bledoe&Jordan for KG and Amnesty Butler, they get to 34.7M

You're telling me that they can't get OJ Mayo for 7 or 8 this year

Then get Josh Smith to a 15M this year

Then sign their own free agent C. Paul to whatever they can swing?

They are certainly going over the cap, and probably the apron, but I think it can be done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

We could have a bidding war that's about to begin.

The Lakers, Clippers and Celtics could get into a bidding war for Howard  KG, Doc, Bledsoe, Jordan and possibly Griffin. The Lakers may want to do a S&T for Howard since he may want to play with CP3 but they would want Bledsoe and would probably want Griffin or Jordan. The Celtics know the Clippers want Doc and KG...but they want Bledsoe and Jordan. Getting Doc is key for the Clippers but Doc is going to want KG and the Celtics will want something for KG. The Lakers arent going to do the Celtics any favors and vice versa. The Clippers don't want to do the Lakers any favors but may not have a choice if CP3 wants Howard.

Oh yeah, Houston could mess it all up if they jump in.

...to be continued

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

[QUOTE]

Right now the Lakers can't execute a S&T because they're over the tax apron.

And the Clips don't have to S&T Blake Griffin.

Why settle for only DH and CP3 when the Clips can have Blake Griffin, CP3, and DH12!

[/QUOTE]

Lakers supposedly will not do a sign and trade with Howard

http://www.lakersnation.com/sources-lakers-wont-agree-to-dwight-howard-sign-and-trade/2013/06/14/

Sections
Shortcuts