CP3 to Boston???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: CP3 to Boston???

Sign Paul and trade Rondo for Okafor!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to CP3 to Boston???:
    Let's take a look at New Orleans point guard Chris Paul . While trying to identify where Paul might land given his looming free-agent status Boston is his "best fit"  for a potential trade scenario next offseason (let's stress here that this is merely speculation and not fueled by any sort of actual trade dialogue -- we are in the midst of a lockout, after all): His situation is muddied by the fact the league, in essence, owns him, since it currently controls the team. (Let's put aside, for the moment, how potentially rife with accusations of conspiracy that scenario is.) As much as CP3 would like to play in New York -- and I'd like to see him battling for Gotham with his longtime rival and current Nets point guard Deron Williams -- the Knicks have no chance of adding him as a free agent with Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony already on the books. Since there is no obvious spot, I'm going to go off the boards and have him land in Boston in a deal for Rajon Rondo . Rumors of such a deal already made the rounds once. New Orleans does a sign-and-trade -- the owners' proposed new max salary of $11 million would make it a straight-up trade -- to get a great young point guard to build around rather than come up empty. Paul, meanwhile, gets the chance to squeeze one more ring out of Boston's existing Big Three; why wouldn't Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett re-sign to cap-friendly terms to give it to him? The Celtics are scheduled to have plenty of cap room after the 2011-12 season -- assuming there is one -- with Garnett and Allen set to come off the books. They'd likely have enough cash to sign Paul without needing a trade to facilitate, but that scenario leaves them with two of the game's top point guards, an unlikely situation.
    Posted by damfuno

There is absolutely no use for CP3, he gets in the lane, finishes, makes 90% of his freebies, can pull up at any time and knock down 3s, make jumpers from anywhere within or outside of the offensive flow, and oh by the way do everything else that Rondo can do.... Rondo is perfect for this team - even though this team is about to be completely dissolved....  How can we possibly think that someone that Rondo does not like be a better fit than Rondo?   Well because he is vastly superior to Rondo.....  but Rondo is perfect for this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston???:
    In Response to CP3 to Boston??? : There is absolutely no use for CP3, he gets in the lane, finishes, makes 90% of his freebies, can pull up at any time and knock down 3s, make jumpers from anywhere within or outside of the offensive flow, and oh by the way do everything else that Rondo can do.... Rondo is perfect for this team - even though this team is about to be completely dissolved....  How can we possibly think that someone that Rondo does not like be a better fit than Rondo?   Well because he is vastly superior to Rondo.....  but Rondo is perfect for this team.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Rondo would be even more perfect wearing a NO uniform. Waaaay more!

The Big Three would find the elusive Fountain of Youth playing with a PG who can carry them offensively when the game is on the line (rather than the other way around...) while double dog daring Rondo with stifling defense to hit the wide open 15 footer.

Be still my foolish heart!!!

I am all atwitter.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

While I think Rodo's game is far from perfect, he does have one ring and two Finals appearances, and his coach loves him..................I would rather have Paul, obviously, but, Rondo is not a bad option, either!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

rondo dislocated his arma nd came back to play 1 handed. chris paul slips, tweeks his ankle, and is out for 5 games. give me rondo with, HOLD YOUR BREATH, a jump shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

rondo dislocated his arma nd came back to play 1 handed. chris paul slips, tweeks his ankle, and is out for 5 games. give me rondo with, HOLD YOUR BREATH, a jump shot.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

Playing one handed hurts the team on defense.

Last season CP3 played in 80 out of 82 regular season games and he played in all 6 playoff games against the Lakers. When did CP3 miss 5 games? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

While I think Rodo's game is far from perfect, he does have one ring and two Finals appearances, and his coach loves him..................I would rather have Paul, obviously, but, Rondo is not a bad option, either!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

If the Cs had CP3 instead of Rondo they would have 3 rings instead of 1.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe four.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

Wow... Rondo came back.... too bad the series was already over because he was embarrassed off the floor by Mike Bibby.... yeah, give me Rondo anytime.........  lmaorotfl

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston??? : Playing one handed hurts the team on defense. Last season CP3 played in 80 out of 82 regular season games and he played in all 6 playoff games against the Lakers. When did CP3 miss 5 games? 
    Posted by ConnectingRod

And almost singlehandedly beat the Lakers, had David West been there NO could have beaten the Lakers.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Dudder should change his name to Nostradamus..........or perhaps should become a speculator in the market.
    It is completely irresponsible to say "we would have 3 rings" .  You are as bad as the trolls - "If Bynum was healthy...."  RUBBISH - you have no knowledge of how well CP3 would play in Boston......your overt hatred of Rondo is causing your mouth to make comments your wallet (and brain) can't back up.
    No one believes you anyway................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Dudder should change his name to Nostradamus..........or perhaps should become a speculator in the market. It is completely irresponsible to say "we would have 3 rings" .  You are as bad as the trolls - "If Bynum was healthy...."  RUBBISH - you have no knowledge of how well CP3 would play in Boston......your overt hatred of Rondo is causing your mouth to make comments your wallet (and brain) can't back up. No one believes you anyway................
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

So stop insulting him and ignore him, why don't you.

Rondo with a serviceable jumper and hitting 70% FTs and we have way more than 1 ring during the Rondo era.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

If the Celtics can trade Rondo for Chris Paul, then absolutely make that swap. Paul does everything Rondo can do, only better, plus he can carry a team offensively with his shooting skills (where Rondo severely lacks). I agree with those who say the Celtics would have had more than one ring within the last few years, substituting Paul for Rondo. They would have at least won the 2010 title. I'm not sure about 2009 (not enough rebounding) or 2011 (not enough rebounding).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

the current big tree could survive if someone else is able to release from them some of the defensive pressure ; this year kg had shaq he benefit from this, ray allena and pp had nobody

so a point guard able to shoot would help this big tree to survive........
    rondo was perfect with ray allen and pp fresh enough to carry out ther offense by themselves ; this time is over i think

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

I WOULD KEEP Rondo over CP3 anyday of the week. And i would much rather go after Dwight at the end of the season and have the the NBA's most elite passer and most unselfish point guard in the game throwing alley-oops to dwight. There wouldnt be enough basketball having cp3,ray,paul,kg, and of course our bench too. It wouldnt work out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston??? : So stop insulting him and ignore him, why don't you. Rondo with a serviceable jumper and hitting 70% FTs and we have way more than 1 ring during the Rondo era. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I like your posts, usually.....but you are also a Rondo-hater, so all posts in that regard must be taken with a grain of salt!!  There is NO WAY to predict something like that, you two are as bad as the trolls!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"There is NO WAY to predict something like that, you two are as bad as the trolls!!"

Dudder IS a troll. Pud has potential but can't get over his Rondo hate. I have them both on ignore where they belong. 

The idea that "we would have a ring if we had this player" is the most ignorant kind of fodder imaginable. Especially with a player like Paul who has had so many health problems. We could easily have NO rings if Ainge hadn't drafted Rondo, but who knows. You can't play those games. 

At this point I would not trade Paul for Rondo because of my concerns about Paul's health. Having said that, if for some reason we ended up with Paul instead of Rondo I'd be ok with that, and hope he could stay healthy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston??? : I like your posts, usually.....but you are also a Rondo-hater, so all posts in that regard must be taken with a grain of salt!!  There is NO WAY to predict something like that, you two are as bad as the trolls!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I'm actually worst than the trolls. I am a Celtic fan who pulls no punches regarding Rondo.

What's worse than that?

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston??? : I'm actually worst than the trolls. I am a Celtic fan who pulls no punches regarding Rondo. What's worse than that? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I'm reminded of a story my father told me:

There were these two corporals at a bar, on leave.  The first one said, "My sergeant, that dirty SOB, makes me do all the work."
    The second one responded, "Yeah, well MY sergeant, that dirty SOB, blames me for everything."
    The first one comes back with, "My sergeant, the dirty SOB, cut back on my leave time."
    The second one responds, "Yeah, you're right, you do have a nasty SOB!"

At this point, the first one squares off and CLOCKS the second right in the face.
    Incredulous, the second corporal said, "what did you do that for?"
    The first responded,  "He may be an SOB, but he's MY SOB."

Rondo, while not perfect and a work-in-progress, may not be the BEST point guard in the league, but he is OUR point guard.  Until that changes, we might as well make the best of it.  Can't shoot, or make FT's.............stubborn to a fault, yep, that's him.  He's on MY team, so I root for him.......it's like a marriage!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston??? : I'm reminded of a story my father told me: There were these two corporals at a bar, on leave.  The first one said, "My sergeant, that dirty SOB, makes me do all the work." The second one responded, "Yeah, well MY sergeant, that dirty SOB, blames me for everything." The first one comes back with, "My sergeant, the dirty SOB, cut back on my leave time." The second one responds, "Yeah, you're right, you do have a nasty SOB!" At this point, the first one squares off and CLOCKS the second right in the face. Incredulous, the second corporal said, "what did you do that for?" The first responded,  "He may be an SOB, but he's MY SOB." Rondo, while not perfect and a work-in-progress, may not be the BEST point guard in the league, but he is OUR point guard.  Until that changes, we might as well make the best of it.  Can't shoot, or make FT's.............stubborn to a fault, yep, that's him.  He's on MY team, so I root for him.......it's like a marriage!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I suffer from Rondo fatigue.  I am numb toward him. Shell shocked.

The Team USA fiasco was the last straw for me.... until that is Rondo's "Perk's Been Traded" malaise set in and he fell apart.

I am optimistic that DA will do what needs to be done to make Rondo someone else's "work in progress."

The franchise is much bigger to me than this one utterly egomaniacal player.

In the famous words of Roberto Duran.... "No mas... no mas!!!"

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if you can trade rondo for paul, you make that trade every day of the week. the two are not even close to comparable. paul gets a year or two with our big three and then we rebuild around him and green AND add another star player. paul is the guy that attracts the OTHER piece of the puzzle. rondo does that to some extent. not nearly as much as paul does. so yeah, if ainge can make that trade happen, he'd be a magician in my book.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Pud and dudder,

I agree that cp3 is the best pg in the league, and even as a big rondo fan, id make that trade in a heartbeat.  However, doesnt this show how much of a great player rondo is that hes even DISCUSSED IN AN EVEN SWAP FOR CP3?

Just the fact we are discussing this trade as a possibility proves that rondo is in the upper echelon of pgs becuz it is plausible that both the celtics and hornets actually do this trade. The celtics get the better player who is older and more  injury prone, and the hornets get a young all star pg whos under contract to build around. Looks like a totally legit and possible trade scenario.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

So give Rondo his props. He is so good that he can single handedly get us the great CP3!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The motivation for NO to deal Paul (for anyone) is because they may well end up with nothing if he walks as a FA. They are over a barrel to say the least.

Rondo in return for CP3 beats nothing in return for CP3 by a considerable margin.

Who knows.. maybe Rondo finally rounds out his game playing for NO when circumstances force him to do so. It's possible.

That needed maturation is  not going to happen in Beantown. Too much history to overcome.

Pud 

Sections
Shortcuts