CP3 to Boston???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from benn. Show benn's posts

Re: CP3 to Boston???

We get cp3 , so we can land Howard , why not?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I love Rondo, but don't see how any GM could pass up landing Chris Paul at this stage of his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    CP3 is nice and peachy, but one thing that nobody can predict is chemistry. So far, RR worked fine with the other starters. How Paul'd fit there is a pure speculation.
    Also, I don't think the Weasel will do anything that benefits Celtics unless it greatly benefits him first.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I know their motivation, but that doesnt mean they have to take a FAR LESS player in return. But in their eyes they would consider getting rondo a pretty good return. Look how much it took to get carmelo,  and he REALLY had denver in a tough position. 

So if you cant admit that rondo netting you a cp3 type playerSTRAIGHT UP proves rondos value league wide, then your in denial.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston???:
    I know their motivation, but that doesnt mean they have to take a FAR LESS player in return. But in their eyes they would consider getting rondo a pretty good return. Look how much it took to get carmelo,  and he REALLY had denver in a tough position.  So if you cant admit that rondo netting you a cp3 type playerSTRAIGHT UP proves rondos value league wide, then your in denial.
    Posted by gman101019

As I have said many times before on this board - you get what you pay for and as a result it would not be straight up.... Rondo makes about two thirds of what Paul makes for very obvious reasons... so it would not be straight up.

But of course on Boston.com most would think it would be a straight up trade....  a 10 million dollar player will not get you a 16 million player except on boston.com......

People on bdc have harangody as an all-star and perk as a perennial defensive almost all-star caliber something or other and of course only on bdc would they have the rules of the CBA violated and trade Rondo for Paul straight up.......  how about Rondo, BBD, one of the two picks from the recent draft, and Bradley for CP3...... then maybe the salaries would match up.... but of course on BDC the rules of math and the CBA don't apply because it makes a player that is not even in the discussion as being as good as what is being traded for does that player get traded STRAIGHT UP......  duh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston??? : As I have said many times before on this board - you get what you pay for and as a result it would not be straight up.... Rondo makes about two thirds of what Paul makes for very obvious reasons... so it would not be straight up. But of course on Boston.com most would think it would be a straight up trade....  a 10 million dollar player will not get you a 16 million player except on boston.com...... People on bdc have harangody as an all-star and perk as a perennial defensive almost all-star caliber something or other and of course only on bdc would they have the rules of the CBA violated and trade Rondo for Paul straight up.......  how about Rondo, BBD, one of the two picks from the recent draft, and Bradley for CP3...... then maybe the salaries would match up.... but of course on BDC the rules of math and the CBA don't apply because it makes a player that is not even in the discussion as being as good as what is being traded for does that player get traded STRAIGHT UP......  duh.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

See, MATH involved here was made very clear at the beginning of the thread.
    See, IF in the new CBA, the max contract is 11 mill, then, ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL POST, NO would do a sign and trade for Rondo and the salaries would match up exactly.
    See, NO ONE suggested that the trade could be done now - the salaries don't match.
    See, the OP says very plainly that WHEN the new CBA comes out.....oh why am I wasting my time on Dud!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: CP3 to Boston??? : See, MATH involved here was made very clear at the beginning of the thread. See, IF in the new CBA, the max contract is 11 mill, then, ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL POST, NO would do a sign and trade for Rondo and the salaries would match up exactly. See, NO ONE suggested that the trade could be done now - the salaries don't match. See, the OP says very plainly that WHEN the new CBA comes out.....oh why am I wasting my time on Dud!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Try wasting some time with gman.  He's talking nonsense about a straight up trade with NO (somehow proving Rondo's value) when CP3 has a gun to NO's head.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

If the league owns NO, and the league has proven to lean away from Boston in most opportunities (Reggie Lewis?), the why would the league (Stern) want Paul to come here?  I don't think he'd hesitate to get Paul to NYKs just like Gasol got to LA.  He'll just do it and ignore the backlash.  Some might not agree, but why anyone would think he would not allow a Knicks/Hornets trade is beyond my comprehension.  If the Hornets are going fold, there's no reason to send decent players there just to put them in a dispersal draft.  No, Stern will just hand Paul to the Knicks for two hot dogs and a cold drink (no chips).  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

but everybody,

we all dont know if the salary thing will change...We dont know yet...

in regards to rondo and paul it would be rondo and jeff green to char for paul and a new deal with a 1st round pick....

that may change...

Sections
Shortcuts