CP3's agent asks for trade to Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

CP3's agent asks for trade to Knicks

....and another report says Paul is trying to get Howard to join him.....growing up pre-free agency, I just hate this....another "big three" is coming together....fans in the Big Apple will rejoice if this happens...rightly so I guess...

I suppose the fans that only know the free agency era can live with it.....I know the players should have a right to choose where they play....most of us do (or at least we can try).....but, if this continues, why not contract and cut the number of teams in half?....then stock them with the biggest stars....just my opinion...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: CP3's agent asks for trade to Knicks

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard would have to sign for like $7mil/each to make it under the cap on the Knicks

Almost makes me hope Howard goes to the Lakers.  Almost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to CP3's agent asks for trade to Knicks:
    ....and another report says Paul is trying to get Howard to join him.....growing up pre-free agency, I just hate this....another "big three" is coming together....fans in the Big Apple will rejoice if this happens...rightly so I guess... I suppose the fans that only know the free agency era can live with it.....I know the players should have a right to choose where they play....most of us do (or at least we can try).....but, if this continues, why not contract and cut the number of teams in half?....then stock them with the biggest stars....just my opinion...
    Posted by Duke4

Hi,
    That actually will be great. CP, Melo, AS, DH will have to play 48 min if they want to win because Knicks won't have $$$ for anybody decent just scrubs.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Don't count on AS to be healthy for the whole season, his back is giving him problems and I bet he aggravates again this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am not sure CP3 knows WHAT he wants.  He cannot demand a trade to the Knicks AND want to play with DHoward.  That is unless the Knicks trade Amare to Orlando and I don't see that happening.

Therefore, either CP3 will join the Knicks (with AS & CA) OR he will get traded somewhere else (to team up with Howard).  It would be impossible to get traded to the Knicks because the Knicks just don't have ANYTHING of value to send to NOH for Paul.  Even by adding a 3rd team, the Knicks STILL don't have anybody on their roster that anyone wants.  So the only way he goes to NY is by opting out after the season but we all know that won't happen because NOH won't let him walk without getting something in return.

So, to me, the only real option Paul has now is to get traded somewhere and "hope" or "convince" Howard to join him at which point he will then sign an extension wherever he's traded to (which could be Boston).  All of this is contingent on Howard NOT being traded during this season.

Then there's the crazy scenario.  One team decides to rent Paul for this season and gives NOH some good player(s) in return.  Then that team hopes he signs an extension but prepares itself to see him go.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

CP3 is a real tool.  Three frontrunning idiots in Miami and now three dumber and less game idiots in NYC maybe. Good riddance to all of them.  I hope this all lights a fire under Rondo but we will have to see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fiercest34, you have a point.  That would work because DWill isn't as focused on one team like Paul is.

If you're Danny, would you do it without an extension?  I am not so sure I would.  That is a huge gamble, both with Paul and not knowing if Howard gets traded somewhere during the season.  If Orlando does trade Howard (to say LA), then we lose out on both, no longer have Rondo and won't even attract DWill.  The Celtics franchise would be devastated and Danny would be GONE.

I am not sure Danny would take that gamble.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

If those two end up in NY it will make the Miami guys happier than anyone else because the animosity of fans will become split between both teams.  I'm not one of those people, I like the idea of putting together a Celtics team that can beat the giant.  I hope it happens and I hope we defeat them both to get to #18.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Petey,
    +1. DA is a gambler but he's not a reckless one.

AK

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: CP3's agent asks for trade to Knicks:
    Chris Paul and Dwight Howard would have to sign for like $7mil/each to make it under the cap on the Knicks Almost makes me hope Howard goes to the Lakers.  Almost.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Agree that it would be impossible for Howard and Paul both to sign with the Knicks.  The only way to make this work would be to trade Amare or Carmelo.  Don't think that would make the team any better.  I don't see Howard being traded to the Lakers for Bynum.  Bynum is always injured and who would Orlando start when Bynum is injured.  It probably wouldn't happen.  I heard that the Nets are very interested in trading for Howard and they would also be willing to take Hedo in a trade.  That would give Orlando a good young center and  be better positioned to rebuild.  They could use the amnesty on Arenas.  

See article below.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7297170/sources-new-jersey-nets-prep-big-trade-offer-dwight-howard-orlando-magic

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosox04000. Show Bosox04000's posts

Make a move for DHoward if he will sign extension. Then CP3 and/or Deron Williams will be begging to wear Celtic green. We would have to give up Rondo and who knows what else, so throw this season away. Who cares about winning in a shortened, unusual season anyways?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Rondo, sign & trade Baby,  Green 2 1st round picks & a 2nd for Hedo & Howard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: CP3's agent asks for trade to Knicks:
    Fiercest34, you have a point.  That would work because DWill isn't as focused on one team like Paul is. If you're Danny, would you do it without an extension?  I am not so sure I would.  That is a huge gamble, both with Paul and not knowing if Howard gets traded somewhere during the season.  If Orlando does trade Howard (to say LA), then we lose out on both, no longer have Rondo and won't even attract DWill.  The Celtics franchise would be devastated and Danny would be GONE. I am not sure Danny would take that gamble.
    Posted by Petey62

I would do it witout an extention

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216948/Howard_Paul_Have_Big_Financial_Incentive_To_Be_Traded_Before_Deadline

Key words in this article are:  if he re-signs with THAT team.

Please read - I would pull the trigger yesterday!!

Next year's PG's include DWill, Nash and Billups - we should be okay even if he wants to go to NY!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Forget CP3.

C3PO is better.

Sections
Shortcuts