Crawford and Green need to be on floor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Crawford and Green need to be on floor

These two give us spacing because of their ability to shoot the ball.  Crawford is proving to be our best 2 option, but he can play some point.  Green is slowly rounding into shape, I thought his last game was better but still lacking.   Bradley is Bradley, he will either shoot us out or in the game,  he does not mind putting the ball up.  If Pressey gets the minutes, he could be the better point guard.  Crawford , Green, Ko, Sully and Fav. would be an interesting bunch.  But we have a lot of interesting bunches and will see a lot of combinations by coach.  The sooner he comes up with a rotation be better for our team.  Even though coach might need to change the rotation after time, the rotation gives us roll definition and lets out players know what is expected of them.  Indestructiable Man needs to play big minutes at center.  KO needs minutes at power forward.  Wallace can play 3 if Green does not come around.  Sully needs to get the ball inside as a primary goal of our offence.  The ball needs to move and Crawford, Green, KO, Sully, and Wallace will score points for us.  If Bradley is our go to guy we will never be consistent, unless he returns to the man that played a few games very well a year or so ago.   WE GAVE TOOOOO MUCH TALENT THAN IS SIMILAR, A COUPLE OF 2'S AND A POWER FORWARD NEED TO GO AWAY.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: Crawford and Green need to be on floor

Can't play Crawford at the expense of Avery.  I think Pressey is the starting point guard until Rondo comes back.  At the moment, I think the starting lineup should be Faverani, Humphries, Green, Bradley and Pressey.  Crawford and Bass and Clinic off the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't play Crawford at the expense of Avery.  I think Pressey is the starting point guard until Rondo comes back.  At the moment, I think the starting lineup should be Faverani, Humphries, Green, Bradley and Pressey.  Crawford and Bass and Clinic off the bench.

[/QUOTE]Looks like a good group to rotate from, bit short on outside threat to open it up for your bigs.  Avery's man most likely will double down and give lots of jumpers to Bradley.  Crawford and Green on the other hand would stretch the defense and open the middle some.  Pressey just might make it work.  Nothing wrong with looking at this bunch together and see how it works.  Bradley though will most likely shoot us out of the game, or if he is hot  shoot us to victory.  On the other end of the court looks like a good defensive bunch , led by Bradley and Green.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Starting unit....

Crawford, Bradley, Faverani, Sullinger, Wallace.

Green has ADD or something. He looks like he is day dreaming all the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Green is slowly rounding into shape, I thought his last game was better but still lacking."

You're kidding right? you honestly think he'll progress from game to game? That's not his thing - he will tease you all season, his act is not 'rounding into shape,' it's 'hot and cold.'  He can't figure out whether he's a star or a role player inside his own head. 

He has the skills of a star but I think he wants the responbilities of a role player, who takes over a game once in a while...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Now all this love for Crawford at point.  I wish I could go back and find that thread this summer where I said crawford would start and everybody jumped in saying they should run him out of town and +1.  It will be interesting to see if any of the new crawford fans were fans back then?

I dont remember any love at all for Jordan until the preseason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now all this love for Crawford at point.  I wish I could go back and find that thread this summer where I said crawford would start and everybody jumped in saying they should run him out of town and +1.  It will be interesting to see if any of the new crawford fans were fans back then?

[/QUOTE]

Nice move Coley- standing up for "wild thing" back when others listed him as 4rth option at SG a week ago.  I called Crawford "Wild Thing" last spring as a complement. His herky-jerky moves and wild forays to the basket made Tommy compare him to Barbarosa.  I love that crazy style and bet it drives defenders crazy. If Coach Brad can get Crawford to use the strange skills with some of the Clynyk mindset, he should be good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good call.

Last year Crawford had only one game essentially shoot first,second and last. Many of the forum members did not like that kind of play. I am a fan of Barbosa but JC has more talent and if he elects to use it as he has so far it he will be a real asset to the team. His moves, passing ability defense and ability to see the floor lets him cover the one or two with really decent effectiveness!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to postal5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice move Coley- standing up for "wild thing" back when others listed him as 4rth option at SG a week ago.  I called Crawford "Wild Thing" last spring as a complement. His herky-jerky moves and wild forays to the basket made Tommy compare him to Barbarosa.  I love that crazy style and bet it drives defenders crazy. If Coach Brad can get Crawford to use the strange skills with some of the Clynyk mindset, he should be good.

[/QUOTE]

My nickname for him is "ABA" since he reminds me of the players from the old aba days.

My belief in him is based on what I saw from college, mostly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Green is slowly rounding into shape, I thought his last game was better but still lacking."

You're kidding right? you honestly think he'll progress from game to game? That's not his thing - he will tease you all season, his act is not 'rounding into shape,' it's 'hot and cold.'  He can't figure out whether he's a star or a role player inside his own head. 

He has the skills of a star but I think he wants the responbilities of a role player, who takes over a game once in a while...

[/QUOTE]

I respectfully beg to differ on the point that Green "has the skills of a star."

Precisely when was the last time you saw him rebound like a star, pass like a star, handle like a star, defend like a star?

He's average to below average in the first 3 categories and marginally an above average defender.

As a scorer, he's had the occasional big game when the jumper is working and he gets the space to make his one-directional swoops the basket.

But please don't conflate mere speed, jumping ability and a hot shooting streak into being synonymous with (the skills of a star."

And be wary of using the argument, "But he could do those things if he only he wasn't so listless and seemingly disinvolved." 

He is listless and disinvolved; no argument there. But so was a guy like Tracy McGrady. He always looked half-asleep on the court, as well, but he actually had all the skills of a star.

Green does not have, nor ever will have "the skills of a star."  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You are most likely right, but we do need to wait 10 or 12 games and give the guys a chance.  They are just learning play with each other, and Green seems to be in neutral, I hope allowing others to show their skills.  I just think or hope he will shoot better in the regular season and no one will know until 10 or 12 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to postal5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My nickname for him is "ABA" since he reminds me of the players from the old aba days.

My belief in him is based on what I saw from college, mostly.

[/QUOTE]

Crawford is my choice because he can shoot and can learn the rest of the game, by default because I do not see a exceptional 2 on the team.  WE have no chance without a guy or to that can shoot outside 15 feet.  Bradley is inconsisthent, Lee just had a poor shot, Defence may keep Bradley at the 2 but it will cost us when his man makes a jump shooter out of him.  He will shoot us out of a lot of games.   Rondo, Crawford, and Green should spread the floor and open lanes for all players to use.

Sections
Shortcuts