Credit the Win to Marquis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Credit the Win to Marquis

In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis:
    To be honest I would still do that trade. Sorry! I gave Quis his props but I think he's a better guard than he is a SF.
    Posted by BiasLewis

You don't need Daniels to trade JON for Posey. That simple swap works.

It looks like the Pacers have 3 SF's who deserve playing time right now but only 2 PFers, both of who are hardly stars and who JON would take 16-18 mins from and contribute defense, blocks & 2-3 buckets per back w/ an organization he misses.

This team would be better NOW (while West is still out 4-5 weeks) with Daniels as the backup PG, Nate SG and Posey at SF. Semih and Baby can have all of JON's mins and we wouldn't miss a beat till Perk returns.

Of course it'd be a bit of a risk with Perk still 2 weeks away... and then in 3 weeks if Perk looks good his 1st couple games back and makes JON expendable, DWest will be so close to returning people will say why bother making a JON-Posey swap and crowding the wings.

At that point of course ypu can trade any one of Daniels, Posey, Nate or DWest in combo with our pick and upgrade whichever of 3 bench positions you want, or just bench one of the 3 in the playoffs, until then play Ray, Paul and KG (Pose gets some mins @ PF) only 24-28 mins a night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

This is why I asked the question the other day about Quis being a backup PG or backup SF? He may be better suited handling the ball and playing against smaller players. Doc may have stumpled onto something here...a big lineup with Quis at PG. Great game by Daniels!
    Posted by BiasLewis

I thought you had been trying to trade him for a month.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I will never understand why Rivers sometimes has Ray run the offense. Tonight he had three turnovers in a row trying to start plays. The plays should end with Ray, not start with Ray. Daniels, Nate, and Bradley or even Pierce should run the offense while Rondo is out. I think this might have been Daniels best game as a Celtic.
    Posted by Kirk6

I wish you would get off this Bradley kick.  He is horrible at this time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis : I like Bradley at the point, much better than Ray. Bradley can break down the defense with his speed. He just needs a little experience.
    Posted by Kirk6

Bradley couldn't break a glass at this time.   Its like playing 4 on 5 with him.  Send him to the D league  cause he isn't ready for prime time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Maybe it is me but I really liked Bradley's performance in limited minutes last night !  His defense on Tj Ford looked awesome! But yes his offense is non-existant.

Marquis made the difference with those 2 buckets in the paint over Tj Ford. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Maybe it is me but I really liked Bradley's performance in limited minutes last night !  His defense on Tj Ford looked awesome! But yes his offense is non-existant. Marquis made the difference with those 2 buckets in the paint over Tj Ford. 
    Posted by MichBelgium

The NBA is not the NFL where you can play just one side of the ball. In basketball you will be a liability if you can't make open shots and hit FTs.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis : The NBA is not the NFL where you can play just one side of the ball. In basketball you will be a liability if you can't make open shots and hit FTs.  
    Posted by P34

It's not that bradley gets that many oportunities to put up big numbers or put any numbers... What about guys like Ben Wallace or Bowen they never put up big numbers although they meant a lot to their respective teams. You can always find scorers, finding solid defenders is harder!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis : Wow and you talk about me having knee-jerk reactions and not giving JON time. Um, let's see Bradley has played in how many games?? 15 maybe? You're already comparing him to those guys? Pruitt had plenty of chances to prove himself but never stepped up. Bradley will be better after the All Star break and next year. Basketball is nothing but confidence and he's playing nervous right now. He'll get better.
    Posted by BiasLewis

We will know if JO is done or not in 2 weeks or a month. Bradley will not only need time, he will need a lot of time, like 2 years. 

Don't count on seeing Bradley after the All-Star break, he will most likely be in the D-League by then. Once Perk, West, and Rondo are back players like Bradley, Harangody, and Wafer will not be part of the 12-man roster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis : It's not that bradley gets that many oportunities to put up big numbers or put any numbers... What about guys like Ben Wallace or Bowen they never put up big numbers although they meant a lot to their respective teams. You can always find scorers, finding solid defenders is harder!
    Posted by MichBelgium

There is a difference between Wallace and Bowen.  Bowen could guard the best offensive perimeter player on the other team. He could also knock down threes.  He could score some.  Wallace could dominate inside defensively.  He could block shots and rebound.  Bradley may turn out to be a player but at this time Ben Wallace is better offensively and that bad if your a PG.  Offensively AB puts up absolutely no numbers period.  No assists, no shot, no free throws. Not hating, just not seeing anything but a little defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Credit the Win to Marquis : It's not that bradley gets that many oportunities to put up big numbers or put any numbers... What about guys like Ben Wallace or Bowen they never put up big numbers although they meant a lot to their respective teams. You can always find scorers, finding solid defenders is harder!
    Posted by MichBelgium

Bowen is a SF very good at hitting corner 3s. Ben Wallace is a Center playing close to the basket for putbacks or getting offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds. Both those players didn't put up big numbers but they made the opponents pay if they didn't pay attention to them on offense.

Avery Bradley is a PG. It's his job to hit open shots. There's also no excuse for not making at least 60-70% of your FTs. Bradley is just shooting 23.5% from the field and 37.5% from the FT line. While he's a great defender it doesn't excuse him from not contributing on offense. 

It's not about Bradley putting up big numbers, it's about Bradley not making shots that he should be making. The Indy game is a perfect example, when Bradley was in there in the 2nd qtr. the Celtic offense sputtered. Even forced Ray Allen to commit 2 straight turnovers. In the 3rd qtr. when Daniels was the PG instead of Bradley the Celtics thrived. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Just as I posted that Daniels should have been guarding Jameer Nelson in the 4th quarter on Christmas Day, someone on the Cs coaching staff had that belief too. Nate can't guard his shadow. Great adjustment Cs!
    Posted by walk2run

Good point..I missed your original post.

Daniels seems to be able to play three positions without losing much and most times gaining.(great "D" is a bonus).

I've been a Quis supporter right along and by his interview and especially his play, it seems to be justified! Becoming more a team player!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Fan opinions are great.  I really enjoy the exchange of ideas.  However, you can't beat player input:   Kevin Garnett would like Daniels to get a chance with the regulars. “I think when he’s very valuable is when he’s with us, when he’s with the first group,” said KG, who had 11 points and 13 rebounds for his 14th double-double of the season. “He’s important to the second group, but when he’s with us I think he flows more. “You know, we lobby for him to play with us, but it’s however Doc sees fit for this team to win, and we all understand that, so it’s not a problem. It’s not a big issue or nothing, because Doc knows best and we follow that.”
    Posted by jallen3531

That's KG's way of saying they don't want Bradley running the show.

HAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So P34 I guess it's safer to say you don't like Bradley??

I can't believe you have this much scrutiny for a ROOKIE! LOL! C'mon man!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

So P34 I guess it's safer to say you don't like Bradley?? I can't believe you have this much scrutiny for a ROOKIE! LOL! C'mon man!
    Posted by BiasLewis

Actually I root for Bradley when I'm watching the game. Like I said, this is not Bradley's fault, this is on Ainge. I think Ainge got too cocky on Draft night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

To cocky? Who did you expect him to get with a pick that low?? On a team that has a bunch of vets??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ive always liked Quis.. he has already played well for us except after returning from injury last season.. Hes a steady post player and under certain conditions, can handle the PG job in a pinch.

Eh, we're in a pinch!  

What I dont understand is putting the ball in Rays hands. Ive posted my opinion about Rays ball handling & passing in the past and got blasted by some. Ray is a terrible ball handler in any sort of traffic and he makes bad decisions with the ball as well.   Now, before you go replay a game where he did good... know that over the course of a season, players will shine occassionally in spots... but Rays body of work with the ball is not good.

Doc is trying to find combinations that work..  Doc prob has his reasons why he makes certain decisions..  Heck, I couldnt and still dont understand why Doc always kept putting TA in games over the years. Theres alot more to why certain things go on that we will know. But... as fans we have the luxury of second guessing and telling the Celts what they should be doing lol./

ITs fun and I hope nobody takes it too seriously

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Can we get off of this Bradley thing?  Start a new thread if you want to talk about him.  This one is about Quis.

No doubt Marquis is a much better ball handler than Ray, who should be fined every time he dribbles into traffic.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Ray, but he is most effective as a spot up shooter, not an off the dribble shooter.  What I like about Quis as the PG is that he plays under control with very minimal turnovers.  He simply looked like the best player on the floor last night.  I would love to see him start at the point instead of Nate until Rondo gets back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Can we get off of this Bradley thing?  Start a new thread if you want to talk about him.  This one is about Quis I would love to see him start at the point instead of Nate until Rondo gets back.
    Posted by joel49

I don't think Daniels would be nearly as effective against the elite pgs but it would be interesting! Bet he sees some serious time there tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

To cocky? Who did you expect him to get with a pick that low?? On a team that has a bunch of vets??
    Posted by BiasLewis

James Anderson.

Ainge wanted all the Big 3 to come back and hoped Doc would stay for one more run. Then he drafted a 19-year old kid who plays SG, hoping he could transform him into an NBA PG. Doesn't make sense.

Before James Anderson went down with an injury he was part of the Spurs' rotation. He's an NBA ready SG with a great jump shot.  

Sections
Shortcuts