Cris Paul Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan1956. Show patriotsfan1956's posts

Cris Paul Trade

Let's trade Rondo for Cris Paul. It would be nice to have a point gaurd that can knock down a jumper.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Cris Paul Trade

You mean C-h-r-i-s Paul, correct?

Anyway, even though I'd love that trade, it will never materialize for the Celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Cris Paul Trade:
    You mean C-h-r-i-s Paul, correct? Anyway, even though I'd love that trade, it will never materialize for the Celtics.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Doesn't have to be Chris Paul or even Cris Paul. It could be RuPaul as long as (s)he can hit a jump shot.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Cris Paul Trade : Doesn't have to be Chris Paul or even Cris Paul. It could be RuPaul as long as (s)he can hit a jump shot. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

LOL

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Cris Paul Trade : Doesn't have to be Chris Paul or even Cris Paul. It could be RuPaul as long as (s)he can hit a jump shot. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Whoaaaaaaa!!!!
    You mean at the last minute when the game is in the line?

They used to take him out before then but according to, he is getting better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MartiniLover1000. Show MartiniLover1000's posts

Paul has no desire to be a celtic.  He wants to be a Laker.  Deal with it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

i just heard on ESPN that Chris Paul will be headed to Orlando for players to be announced..........If so Orlando will be a little tougher than last year.....they also said that there would be outside chance of Portland.........would rather see him go there and let them do battle with LA
    Posted by damfuno

Real talk?? Oh oh!

A healthy Chris Paul on that squad makes them one of the top teams not only in the East, but in the NBA.

Yikes!

But I read that CP3 was supposed to have a meeting with the Hornet's brass Monday. I guess that didn't pan out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Orlando has been discussing Nelson and Gortat for Paul....That's not horrible in either direction.  But I've been hearing Okafor needs to be included in any deal.  In which case I don't see how it goes?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Orlando has been discussing Nelson and Gortat for Paul....That's not horrible in either direction.  But I've been hearing Okafor needs to be included in any deal.  In which case I don't see how it goes?
    Posted by croc

Interesting.

A backcourt of Howard and Okafor is pretty tough! Do you think Okafor is an upgrade from Gortat?

I can't call it. Okafor may be a little more aggressive in the post?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Chris Paul is going to the Lakers.

LA is one of the teams he said he was willing to go to during his trade demand.

Here is why it is not going to happen:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/424403-chris-paul-a-laker-the-possibility-of-a-big-3-in-la

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Lakers can no more make a Paul deal work than the C's. Moreover they just signed two PGs who can't be traded now.

Waynestarr, Gortat is cheaper, younger and a solid backup.  Okafor is a starter. I don't necessarily see how they absorb Okafor's salary.  (I tend to like Okafor's game.) Obviously more bodies than Gortat and Nelson would need to be included IF they hold Orlando to taking Okafor. ...Although I think Gortat and Nelson is a pretty decent return for Paul.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

In Response to Cris Paul Trade:
    Let's trade Rondo for Cris Paul. It would be nice to have a point gaurd that can knock down a jumper.
    Posted by patriotsfan1956
    NO, Rondo's jumpshot is getting better every year. He is a better team/player defender, better passer and overall player now at this stage, plus he is durable too. He has more upside IMO that CP3. And CP3 just proved he is a merc. I wouldn't do it. Rondo's midrange shot and ft shooting is improving, every year he has gotten significantly better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

i just heard on ESPN that Chris Paul will be headed to Orlando for players to be announced..........If so Orlando will be a little tougher than last year.....they also said that there would be outside chance of Portland.........would rather see him go there and let them do battle with LA
    Posted by damfuno

I just checked ESPN. There is not a story of C.P being traded to Orlando or anywhere else. There is a story of Orlando being the top team on his wish list to be traded to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If he goes to Orlando I believe it is because he wants to play with D. Howard.  Someone near his age.  It remains to be seen how Orlando feels about it and what they have to give up for him.  We have to hope this won't happen or our plans this year could be ruined.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

If he goes to Orlando I believe it is because he wants to play with D. Howard.  Someone near his age.  It remains to be seen how Orlando feels about it and what they have to give up for him.  We have to hope this won't happen or our plans this year could be ruined.
    Posted by concord27

In total agreement.

The East is shaping up to be tough next season. Keep an eye on Chicago, they're assembling a dangerous team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Chris Paul Trade

Lets look at the numbers: (2009 - 2010 stats)

Rondo - 13.7 pts. 9.8 assists 2.3 steal .508 FG% .213 3-pt FG% $2,000,000 (24yrs. old)

Paul - 18.7 pts. 10.7 assists 2.1 steals .493 FG% .409 3-pt FG% $13,500,00 (25 yrs. old)

If it was my call, I stay with Rondo!

Sections
Shortcuts