Critical DEFENDING THE PICK AND ROLL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Critical DEFENDING THE PICK AND ROLL

It is apparent to those that understand the game and know something about defending that:  the Celtics , even when we are scoring , ARE HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME STOPPING THE PENETRATION OF THE OPPOSING POINT GUARD.  Avery Bradley gave us a huge lift in out last win, when he entered the game and did a good job of defending the point.  His injury could hurt the team a lot, because Avery has come from a not factor to very improved.  If he continues to improve he could be the Celtics point of the future. KG, Paul, Pietrus and Bass have picked up their defense, but it is a problem when the opposition point enters the paint at will and distributes the ball almost unmolested, if Bradlely is not in the game.  The problem could be that our point is defending poorly or it could be that on the pick and roll, both the point and helper are making a huge amount of mistakes.  BUT THIS PROBLEM MUST BE SOLVED IN ORDER FOR THE TEAM TO BE SUCCESSGUL and we have a talented starting point guard that could solve the problem.  My source on this is myself, I have watched Celtics for 54 years and coached for 32 years and the rudeness on this board at times is disrespectful, but when the rebuilding process begins next year most of the rude comments and posters will move on to other sports and boards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Critical DEFENDING THE PICK AND ROLL

Points that play like Avery and Rondo are subject to injury.  I would not be suprised if Rondo has a hidden injury, but if he does not then the pick and roll defense need to be worked on.  Our defense is great when the penetration of the point is limited.  Since KG has started at center we are at least b+ at that position.  Bradley and Steamer did give us a big boost in our last win, with their energy and defending.  I do think that a new assistant coach like, Dave Cowens or Bill Lambeere (retired detroit center) might also give us some renewed energy.  Good insightful post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

If Anthony becomes available this summer , would he be a franchize player if handeled right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Critical DEFENDING THE PICK AND ROLL:
    If Anthony becomes available this summer , would he be a franchize player if handeled corectly?
    Posted by romneywins

you hate Rondo's defense and say he cant be a franchise player, yet you want Anthony to be our franchise?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In Response to Re: Critical DEFENDING THE PICK AND ROLL : you hate Rondo's defense and say he cant be a franchise player, yet you want Anthony to be our franchise?
    Posted by JamezHill24
    inability to think, I do not hate Rondo, I wish he would play defense , and read the post before you make a comment about Anthony, it is a question?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Critical DEFENDING THE PICK AND ROLL : inability to think, I do not hate Rondo, I wish he would play defense , and read the post before you make a comment about Anthony, it is a question?
    Posted by romneywins

Well, Rhondo plays defense by waving his arms.......Common knowledge!

Sections
Shortcuts