CRYOTHERAPY: Key to Big 3 Winning 2nd Championship...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

CRYOTHERAPY: Key to Big 3 Winning 2nd Championship...?

This looks like something the Celtics SHOULD invest in year round for their Big 3 (and Rondo and any other player on their payroll...)
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214730/Mavericks_Credit_Cryotherapy_For_Improved_Postseason_Recovery_Time

Leave it to Mark Cuban to keep his team on the cutting edge of sports medicine...Danny Ainge has already shown he's hip to new ideas by bringing in the "brain doctor" (John Neidigal ? not sure if that is the correct spelling) to evaluate talent in the draft and predict future sucess in the NBA........this is something the Celtics need to look into.....if freezing the Big 3 and Rondo gives them  competetive advantage and keeps them from wearing down....then bring it on. Within 5-10 years , ALL teams will probably be using this technology on a regular basis...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: CRYOTHERAPY: Key to Big 3 Winning 2nd Championship...?

Ha ha yeah true - Ainge is gonna be all over this, he loves this kind of thing. 

I'm surprised he hasn't tried to freeze Pierce and Allen and Garnett so they won't age during the lockout. Thawing them out later seems doable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I am not sure thawing out what they have left will help at this stage? We need to hope for about a 15 game season this year, then we should have fresh legs for a playoff run.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: CRYOTHERAPY: Key to Big 3 Winning 2nd Championship...?:
    [QUOTE]The last NBA superstar at age 35 to lead his team to a championship victory was Michael Jordan. With basically the same rotation from 1996-98 the Bulls dominated the NBA even with an aging MJ. Keeping the core intact is what I think separates the Celtics from the Bulls of the late 90s. After the Celtics won in 2008 they let Posey go, PJ Brown retired, Sam Cassell eventually became an assistant coach, Eddie House got dealt, Leon Powe was let go, and Perk, the starting Center of the 2008 championship team, was traded last February. What this all means is the Celts didn't have the continuity a championship team should have had after winning one championship. There's no doubt the Celts will still be a playoff team, if there is a 2011-12 season. But I don't think the Big 3 plus Rondo will be able to reach the Finals with a new supporting cast. Only JO, Jeff Green, and Avery Bradley are sure to return next season. The situation the Celtics are in now is similar to that of the early 90s Celtics, after Ainge got traded and before Bird retired. The old Big 3 plus Reggie Lewis couldn't even make it to the Eastern Conference Finals.  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Fierce, dont forget the fact that Garnett got hurt in 2009 that derailed our quest for 18 and Perk went down in 2010 in game 6 and he could possibly have gotten a few extra rebounds where KG and Sheed didnt get that could have turned the game in our favor.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Would the Lakers have won in 2010 without Lamar Odom?"

nope. Not a chance. 

I'm not not sure I agree about the Posey signing, it's a tough call. KG was down the following year. by 2010 Posey was kind of a stiff. 

It's one of those unknowns....what would we have had to give up if we had overpaid Posey, and how would we have fared. 

One thing, however, I do know, one thing that was under our complete control: trading Perk did not help our playoff run this year. I'm not sure we could have won anything anyhow but the Mavs were hardly invincible. Ainge is going to eat some big crow on that one, unless for some reason Jeff Green ends up being a big factor for us. I hope so, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Right now, he's not even on the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: CRYOTHERAPY: Key to Big 3 Winning 2nd Championship...?:
    [QUOTE]" Would the Lakers have won in 2010 without Lamar Odom?" nope. Not a chance.  I'm not not sure I agree about the Posey signing, it's a tough call. KG was down the following year. by 2010 Posey was kind of a stiff.  It's one of those unknowns....what would we have had to give up if we had overpaid Posey, and how would we have fared.  One thing, however, I do know, one thing that was under our complete control: trading Perk did not help our playoff run this year. I'm not sure we could have won anything anyhow but the Mavs were hardly invincible. Ainge is going to eat some big crow on that one, unless for some reason Jeff Green ends up being a big factor for us. I hope so, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Right now, he's not even on the team.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green was given a qualifying offer just before the lockout. That makes him part of the team.

James Posey was already a stiff by 2010, you got that right! However, from Fierce's example, the Chicago Bulls of the late 1990s never let Toni Kukoc go or traded away Luc Longley after winning the 1st of 3 championships. It's all about having the right mix. James Posey was a very important player for the Celtics at that time. We will never know if KG would have gotten injured if the Celtics kept Posey. But if KG and Posey were playing for the Celtics in the 2009 playoffs, I think we would at least have beaten the Orlando Magic in the 2nd round.

Sections
Shortcuts