C's all done other than VM contracts or S&T's if doable

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: C's all done other than VM contracts or S&T's if doable

I'm shocked Danny didn't use any money on Delonte.  I do think he was valuable.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dooling vs Delonte.......I think I would have gone with Delonte.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Chris Wilcox- full mle - a fair bit to invest

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: C's all done other than VM contracts or S&T's if doable:
    Chris Wilcox- full mle - a fair bit to invest
    Posted by BoylestonBB

I agree. The offseason started out so promising for DA by getting Bass and almost landing West but I don't get the MLE for Wilcox (no wonder he came running to the C's) and the guarantees for Sasha & Moore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Let's not underrate Sasha Pavlovic here. He was a solid contributor on the successful LeBron James Cleveland teams. He's a plus defender who can hit the occasional outside shot. He's a solid passer. He knows his limitations. As a third-string SG/SF, you can do a lot worse. It would not surprise me if he eventually emerges as a regular second unit player in front of oft-injured Marquis Daniels.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

If that's it... then there's nothing to get excited about this year so far. Not getting past CHI or MIA with this squad, and certainly not a championship. Which I'm ok with. Gear ourselves for a chance at DH. We already have a point guard in my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This thread is highly disappointing and it may be accurate.  The Celtics will have a tough time of it with this roster.  We are a year older and have really not brought in any game changers.  Too bad.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: C's all done other than VM contracts or S&T's if doable : I disagree. We are much bigger and deeper than we were at the end of last year. I like this team a lot.
    Posted by Kirk6

Same difference.  The veterans have become older.  I expect some more maturity and improvement from Rondo and Green.

What I like is that we are built to better match up against the stronger teams in the East: Chicago & Miami.  I also like that the new players are not on the verge of breakdown.

If the torturous schedule forces Doc to employ a deep rotation consistently, we may see some surprise player development.

My most sincere wish is that Chris Wilcox is able to conver this season into a James Posey like successful stop in his career.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: C's all done other than VM contracts or S&T's if doable : Same difference.  The veterans have become older.  I expect some more maturity and improvement from Rondo and Green. What I like is that we are built to better match up against the stronger teams in the East: Chicago & Miami.  I also like that the new players are not on teh verge of breakdown. If the torturous schedule forces Doc to employ a deep rotation consistently, we may see some surprise player development. My most sincere wish is that Chris Wilcox is able to conver this season into a James Posey like successful stop in his career.
    Posted by prakash

I agree. While I would like to be more optimistic, there is still the fact that while we are a year older NY, MIA, and CHIC also have had another year to build more chemistry with their new players & coaches.

Plus, there are still so many questions with this Celtics team...
    -We do have some new bangers but can they clean up the boards enough to give KG some quality rest or are they just a bunch of foul machines?
    -Will Jeff Green create his shot more?
    -Can the starting 5 stay healthy?
    -Will Doc trust his rookies and rotations enough to give them quality playing time?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I like this team.  There is alot to be optimistic about.  Even at their advanced age, the Big 3 will still hold their own night in and night out.  And when the game is on the line, I'll still bet on them.  We also have bench players who have alot to prove-they're hungry!  Guys like Brandon Bass, Chris Wilcox, Keyon Dooling and Jeff Green will add some athleticism (and veteran presence) to the bench that we've not had in awhile.  And, other than Wilcox, these guys will be on the court-they aren't injury prone.  Dealing with the injuries last season took it's tool on team chemistry.

I remember right before Perk got dealt, we had about 6 bench players injured.  Had the Perk trade NOT happened, we would have only had about 7 or 8 players healthy to play.  Delonte never got into a rythym and we never got any consistent play from the center position.  Having two players back who understand the system and what we're trying to do, Quis and Pavlovic, will also help.

And finally, I am praying that Doc gives Bradley, Moore and Johnson some playing time to allow them to develop.  Moore and Johnson are 4 year college players that should factor in them getting some minutes.  Let's just hope they can consistently contribute.  I have a feeling that one of them will contribute more than anyone could have thought.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree with Petey, let's not pencil in Daniels as the backup "2" just yet.  Pavlovic is a 7 yr pro, and Moore will hopefully be pretty good......averaged double figures for four years at Purdue.  Don't care about Bradley, but curious about Stiemsma.
    Depth will be very important in a 66 game season.

Rondo and Dooling will be nice
    Ray, Sasha and Moore (hopefully)
    PP, Green and Danels
    KG, Bass, JJJ
    JON, Wilcox, Stiemsma

That is a pretty deep team, IF the rooks can play!!

Rest for the playoffs  - or trade them all at the deadline!!

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts