C's are 5-0 since trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

C's are 5-0 since trades

Any other questions? Anyone still crying about Perk?

We STOLE Krstic! We stole Green!

Trust in Ainge!! :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: C's are 5-0 since trades

Dont get me wrong, I do like the addition of Green and Kristic, but it would have been better that we never gave up Semih!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

well 5-0 since new players played... lost day of trade...and squeaked by a few ugly clubs... and the rebounding #'s still gruesome

but I liked the trade day 1, like it just as much now, maybe a lil more b/c Perk is hurt more than Ainge originally led on

but if Green actually plays great D on Deng/James/Melo etc, while getting 13-14 off the bench, while Shaq picks it up and gives a 12p-8r-2b playoffs, kristic keeps the touch and dominates bench C's and Murph hits 2-3 clutch 3's w/ 2-3 clutch boards

well then it will be brilliant:-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to C's are 5-0 since trades:
    [QUOTE]Any other questions? Anyone still crying about Perk? We STOLE Krstic! We stole Green! Trust in Ainge!! :-)
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Too bad Krstic is not a "if he had gone to college all-star caliber defensive only player who can check Howard", etc.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Think of it this way. We have a older more seasoned Erden in Krstic. He's not even 30 years old. If I'm not mistaken he may have double digit scoring in each game or at least 3 of them. We can count on our hands the times Perk has scored 17 points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: C's are 5-0 since trades:
    [QUOTE]well 5-0 since new players played... lost day of trade...and squeaked by a few ugly clubs... and the rebounding #'s still gruesome but I liked the trade day 1, like it just as much now, maybe a lil more b/c Perk is hurt more than Ainge originally led on but if Green actually plays great D on Deng/James/Melo etc, while getting 13-14 off the bench, while Shaq picks it up and gives a 12p-8r-2b playoffs, kristic keeps the touch and dominates bench C's and Murph hits 2-3 clutch 3's w/ 2-3 clutch boards well then it will be brilliant:-)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Wow! If you can't see this team is light years better and we haven't even seen Shaq and West in the rotation I'm not sure what you're expecting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

our offense has looked great, but that's going to happen when you go up against the likes of the suns and the warrriors

our defense has suffered, as expected. we need one of the o'neals more than ever

I'll be more interested once we actually start to play against some quality opposition

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

So we won five in a row in the regular season against who? ...Wow!

Does that make us NBA champions? I guess it does.

We will not know until June if this was a good idea or not.

If you saw the Lakers dismantle the Spurs on their home court, then you know that someone will have to stop Bynum if we both make it to the finals. Bynum had 17 rebounds in that game.

Shaq is a force on offense, but he uses reach in fouls for defense. Baby can't guard Bynum, and the others are too light.

The hope is that our improved offense can compensate for the defensive deficit caused by Perks absence. I hope that for all our sakes, it is.

Winning a few games against nobodies means nothing. Until the finals we will not know if it was a good idea or not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Celts 5-0 against bad teams is unheard of before the trade. Remember it was not so long ago that the Celts lost to the likes of the Wizards, Bobcats, Rockets, and Raptors. The fact that the Celts are not losing to bad teams anymore is a good sign. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Yes Andrew Bynum had 17 rebounds....and Andrew Bynum has an NBA average of 6.9 RPG....one double digit season (but only in 35 games played that year)...throw out his rookie season....he averages about 8 per game...besides, I don't think the Lakers are making it out of the West this year...time will tell...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I dont know what some of you are expecting. This team is awesome the most important are wins and losses, we are on top of the east all year so far. We havent had a complete team all season. 5 players not playing and we have beat winning teams. This team is not the heat, get that straight. I am a celtic fan i am a die hard fan. Lets be realistic how many teams have the ability to be down injuries all year round. And be the beast of the east. BOSTON FANS can be spoiled this is a great team. i hope you see the master piece when west,davis,wafer, shaq and JO get back. Listen I dont care if we beat the raptors by 1 at the buzzer: or beat them by 50 and lead that game the whole way thru. I guess what I am saying is. I like the W over an L. This goes to those fans that are perfectionist this is one of the closest teams to be perfect. Read this an understand this, if this sounds like you need to hear it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]Any other questions? Anyone still crying about Perk? We STOLE Krstic! We stole Green! Trust in Ainge!! :-)

Danny Ainge raped the thunder with that trade. PERIOD enough said. BRILLIANT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Orlando Magic were thinking of a rematch with Lakers after they lost to them in 2009. So they made changes in the offseason and built a team designed to beat the Lakers. Then they met the Celts in the east finals in 2010. And the rest, as they say, is history. 

The lesson here is to not build a team specifically designed to beat one single team. A more balanced team will have a bigger chance of winning a championship because it can handle every team it plays, not just one team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]our offense has looked great, but that's going to happen when you go up against the likes of the suns and the warrriors our defense has suffered, as expected. we need one of the o'neals more than ever I'll be more interested once we actually start to play against some quality opposition
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Do you have a short memory? The celtics used to lose games to teams like the worriors,suns,kings and so fourth.Now we are 5-0 against them.Relax and see the benefits of the trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

So far so good since the trade. We'll know for sure soon enough if it is a good trade in the long run. Krstic is playing well and giving us something on offense that Perk didn't give. Defensively and on the boards he's not as good as Perk. However Perk hasn't played as well as he did before the knee injury last June. He's out again for a while. Jeff Green looks like a steal. I've always liked his game and I'm very happy  he's a Celtic now.
       No doubt that this was a good trade for now. Again, time will tell come the playoffs. Perk is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season and it didn't look like Danny was going to offer him what other teams were. Secondly there's no guarantee that Perk will be the same player he was before the knee injury. It's all a risk, but I like the risk Danny took.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's are 5-0 since trades : Wow! If you can't see this team is light years better and we haven't even seen Shaq and West in the rotation I'm not sure what you're expecting.

light years!

You mean light years better than the team that went 8-4 right before that trade (and since Perk returned) w/  just one big loss (@ PHX) and close losses to LA and Dallas? Top 5 teams? In that span since Perk came back we blew out the Lakers/Blazers on the road and Magicat home and beat the Heat w/ 8 players.

That team had no backup SF and Nate was playing terrible backup PG

This team has a GREAT backup SF and Avery playing terrible backup PG. The rest of the rotation has stayed the same w/ Krstic getting Perk mins w/ double points, half the boards. 

We've won games at home vs sub-.500 teams by 7-6-5-4 points. WOW.

Bias, I said I liked the trade if you bothered to read my post. I said I liked it from day 1 and was posting essays on what it does to this club short and long term to make it better. 

But to say we are light years better after 5 games is very foolish... we have a lot of work to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Here is what some aren't understanding. No team is perfect unless you go 82-0 and then 16-0 in the playoffs.

Ok so they haven't beat the top teams since the trade. Like P34 said they were losing to the below .500 teams before. They ran with the Warriors and scored almost 70 at halftime. Then they grind it out with the Bucks. This shows they can play any style. Too much emphasis was being placed on defense, the defense is still present but now they can get any shot they want and scorers all over the floor.

My only real concern now is making sure out PG doesn't collapse. Rondo needs a break and hopefully between West and Arroyo they can provide the same type of energy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Wow! over and over Bias was the one who depended Perk.
    He glamourized how the Celtics never lost a game because of Perk.
    Perk was one of his fantasy team.
    Now he is jumping in the bandwagon:
    http://tinyurl.com/5ugxlqz

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Not that we've played any of the top teams since... even the Heat can beat sub par teams... but i am starting to warm up to the new guys, will miss Perk n playoffs tho.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Bias the most imprtant reason we win these games is Ray and PP are fresh in the 4th Quarter. KG has had baby for three years now. Ray and PP have a real back up and they will continue to be fresh late. If PP and Ray were fresh last year in game 7 in the forth quarter we win Ray and PP were spent by the end of game 7.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Well if the Celtics meet the Clippers, Jazz, Suns, Warriors, or Bucks in the playoffs, we know it will be smooth sailing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Bias the most imprtant reason we win these games is Ray and PP are fresh in the 4th Quarter. KG has had baby for three years now. Ray and PP have a real back up and they will continue to be fresh late. If PP and Ray were fresh last year in game 7 in the forth quarter we win Ray and PP were spent by the end of game 7.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Exactly! But why are they fresh? They're fresh because we have ADEQUATE backups that can hold or extend a lead. We didn't have that before the trade...oh yeah on paper we did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to C's are 5-0 since trades : Well if the Celtics meet the Clippers, Jazz, Suns, Warriors, or Bucks in the playoffs, we know it will be smooth sailing.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Wow! The Lakers lost to the Clips, Jazz, Suns, and Bucks this season. Good job!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's are 5-0 since trades : Exactly! But why are they fresh? They're fresh because we have ADEQUATE backups that can hold or extend a lead. We didn't have that before the trade...oh yeah on paper we did.

Jeff Green has done wonders for them off the bench just fact he has to be covered Doc leaves him in the game. PP and Ray Ray looked great in the 4th last 5 games. This is the bench I been waiting on 6 former starters all who buy into playing a role. Did you see KG Smile when ND kepr getting bunnies in the 1st quarter he looked real happy letting Krystic getting east buckets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's are 5-0 since trades : Do you have a short memory? The celtics used to lose games to teams like the worriors,suns,kings and so fourth.Now we are 5-0 against them.Relax and see the benefits of the trade.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

and equally, we beat a lot of good teams. I'll be concerned if this trade means that we beat the bad teams we slipped up against, but can no longer match it with the league's elite

Sections
Shortcuts