C's are better, scoring is up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

C's are better, scoring is up

People can say what they want but I can already see that it's going to be esier to score, the floor will be open more when Krstic and Green really get comfortable with the offense. THe offense is more fluid and they can actually go to Krstic off pick and rolls or dump downs. Shaq is only going to make it better.

I believe in a few weeks we won't be having these grind it out games every night. I think Rondo will slowly realize that in order for him NOT to be the sore thumb in the offense he's going to have to take shots and be aggressive because everyone else can score and get their shot. We couldn't do that with Perk.

BTW, some of those shots RA hit were just ridiculous. The Suns ar coming in and off a long road trip we could see dead legs. Shaq is in better shape so hopefully he will provide that spark. I like this team better with or without Murphy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: C's are better, scoring is up

Well arn't you all sunshine and flowers.

After beating two poor teams, allowing more than 90 points in each game , and having our new center abused severely on defense, I think it is far too early to be optimistic. Krystic made Jefferson look like the MVP.

The league is full of teams that score tons of points, like Golden State. To win, the team must not only play offense, but also first class defense. Offense comes and goes but defense can be brought every night.

The identity of the Celtics with this group has always been to be the best defensive team in the league. That is how they won and changing that identity is a spectacular gamble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: C's are better, scoring is up:
    [QUOTE]Well arn't you all sunshine and flowers. After beating two poor teams, allowing more than 90 points in each game , and having our new center abused severely on defense, I think it is far too early to be optimistic. Krystic made Jefferson look like the MVP. The league is full of teams that score tons of points, like Golden State. To win, the team must not only play offense, but also first class defense. Offense comes and goes but defense can be brought every night. The identity of the Celtics with this group has always been to be the best defensive team in the league. That is how they won and changing that identity is a spectacular gamble.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Remember back in 2009 when we had Perk and didn't have KG?

All of Perk's defense didn't do the Celtics any good in the 4th qtr. when he couldn't score on Howard. Like you said, Jump, KG is the heart and soul of the Celtic defense. As long KG is still a Celtic the team's identity will never change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]Well arn't you all sunshine and flowers. After beating two poor teams, allowing more than 90 points in each game , and having our new center abused severely on defense, I think it is far too early to be optimistic. Krystic made Jefferson look like the MVP. The league is full of teams that score tons of points, like Golden State. To win, the team must not only play offense, but also first class defense. Offense comes and goes but defense can be brought every night. The identity of the Celtics with this group has always been to be the best defensive team in the league. That is how they won and changing that identity is a spectacular gamble.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Relax JBO it was the last game off a long road trip, they would of lost that game last year. Plus Jefferson scored most of his points off help D not one v one
    against Krystic. Plus J is a pretty good player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Would we have won either game without the trade?  Perk would be on the bench or home in Boston.  Road trip with trade 3-1.  Without 1-3.

We would now be 2nd in the east behind Chicago.

PA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We'll never really know what would have happened without the trade.  But, we do know we would have been without a center and as you can see, BBD can't play center for extended stretches.  So, near term, you have to say the C's were helped by having a center.  I'd even argue we would have lost at least one of the last 2 games without a center.

Long term, I'm still concerned about not having a stronger Defensive and rebounding Center.   Our D the last couple of games has not been up to speed, but that's not all on the Center - part of it is the starters as well.  KG's been the only one playing intense D during the las couple of games.

I love the trade and I think we won in the many deals Danny made.  However, I am still worried the risk will bite us if Shaq and JON don't come back strong and play good D (tall assignment for Shaq!!).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Would we have won either game without the trade?  Perk would be on the bench or home in Boston.  Road trip with trade 3-1.  Without 1-3. We would now be 2nd in the east behind Chicago. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]
    Good point. Who knows, might be homecourt right there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And yes, Ray was just ridiculous!   Loved it.  When he's hot, man is it pretty to watch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]And yes, Ray was just ridiculous!   Loved it.  When he's hot, man is it pretty to watch.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

That fade away from Ray with 53 seconds remaining was video game-like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

To say the Celtics beat easy teams is misleading.  The teams we played as hard as  they could.  We were on the road in deep  transition and played very well considering.

Phoenix which is a very tough match up will be a good test, but the Celtics have looked good.  Bradley by the way surprised me with  his offensive play.  He is really improving.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Jefferson was fired up to the play the Celts as he always is, and if Kristic is a Bum, then mark K.G. as one too, cuz he couldnt contain Jefferson.  How can when he is dropping those teardrops over your head.  Relax, I saw some good things from Kristic on "D" so far as his ability to contest shots.  The falloff form Perk to Kristic on "D" is not as big as some think, but he doesnt have a clue about he "D" right now, I will look more at that than him being a Bum. He has scored very easily in the last 2 games and actually is taking advantage of playing with great players , something Perk could not do, and stretch the floor.  Please Stop the Madness!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]To say the Celtics beat easy teams is misleading.  The teams we played as hard as  they could.  We were on the road in deep  transition and played very well considering. Phoenix which is a very tough match up will be a good test, but the Celtics have looked good.  Bradley by the way surprised me with  his offensive play.  He is really improving.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He's improving as an individual player, but not a team player. When he was out there all he did was look for his shot. The Celts get the offensive rebound and a new shot-clock and he immediately threw up a 20-footer. Avery Bradley is never going to be a PG. He just doesn't have the brain of a PG.

For argument sake Doc never let him play again after he went out in the 1st half.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

"Practice, man, we're talking about PRACTICE!"

Krstic and Green will be better after some practice time.  That's where you learn "team" and learn your role.  Unfortunately, we're not going to get much practice time in the next couple of weeks playing every other day.  

In the end, I believe Green and Krstic will be fine, especially Green. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

defense will come with these guys. krstic also can't get into too much foul trouble being the only true center we have right now.