C's below 500 against 500 teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

C's below 500 against 500 teams

Boston is below 500 when playing against 500 or better teams. Thirteen of Boston wins have come against the bottom 10 teams in the league. Boston is also a terrible road team 7-19.

Worst rebounding team as well ,this team will not make the playoffs.

Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: C's below 500 against 500 teams

In response to runrunandrun's comment:

Boston is below 500 when playing against 500 or better teams. Thirteen of Boston wins have come against the bottom 10 teams in the league. Boston is also a terrible road team 7-19.

Run

Yo Run, break it down since RR went down. This is a new team and season since then. You are comparing apples to oranges. Who they play is not thier fault. They have beaten the leagues very best also. Sports are about momentum and trends. THIS TEAM WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS....no matter how you try to break it down. WATCH. 9-3 since the "EVENT". They are the last team to beat MIA, the Champions, 10-0 since, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Run

I am perpetually amused by your posts.  You are the perfect example of a troll that will say very incendiary stuff only because of the comfort provided by a hidden internet identity.  Enjoy yourself!  I am glad the Celts are providing pleasure to many kinds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

"Worst rebounding team as well ,this team will not make the playoffs"

-Run

And you think J J Reddick will make the Celtics the rebound leaders on the way to a championship? Hahahahahahahahaha! Let me guess. Redick is NOT a thug to you right? I wonder why that is. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

And you think J J Reddick will make the Celtics the rebound leaders on the way to a championship? Hahahahahahahahaha! Let me guess. Redick is NOT a thug to you right? I wonder why that is. 

WE KNOW WHY..RUN IS SOMEONE WE DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO.  kkk MAYBE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

KKK is a good nickname for this sad pathetic old racist with no knowledge about the sport of basketball

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Run....I have been charting this since opening night....going into games against teams with a .500 record or better...

Celtics are 14-19 to go along with a 9-17 overall road record....as a comparison....

Lakers are 11-22 and 10-18 in these same categories...

the Celtics are comfortably in 7th place while the Lakers are scrambling to catch Houston for the 8th spot....the Lakers are also currently on an 11-4 run....however they have only beaten 4 teams with winning records during the streak...

so, your point would be.................................?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

Run....I have been charting this since opening night....going into games against teams with a .500 record or better...

Celtics are 14-19 to go along with a 9-17 overall road record....as a comparison....

the Celtics are comfortably in 7th place while the Lakers are scrambling to catch Houston for the 8th spot....the Lakers are also currently on an 11-4 run....however they have only beaten 4 teams with winning records during the streak...

My point is Boston is now 7-20 on the road, Lakers lost Nash, Howard and Gasol for long stretches of games. Boston lost only Rondo and actually played better without Rondo.

Run

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

-Run

Steve

Why did Ainge not go after Redick or any big?  Why does Ainge always sign players he calls athletes with questionable past history of being trouble makers??

Run

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Run

Yo Run, break it down since RR went down. This is a new team and season since then. You are comparing apples to oranges. Who they play is not thier fault. They have beaten the leagues very best also. Sports are about momentum and trends. THIS TEAM WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS....no matter how you try to break it down. WATCH. 9-3 since the "EVENT". They are the last team to beat MIA, the Champions, 10-0 since, right?

Boston would not make the playoffs in the Western Conference and will probably be the last seed 8th spot in the East,but only because Philly lost there center for the year.

Run

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Run

You really work hard for the name Old Fool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Run

Boston would not make the playoffs in the Western Conference and will probably be the last seed 8th spot in the East,but only because Philly lost there center for the year.

Run

The Celtics will probably finish ahead of the Knicks at this point but keep posting your trash usually the opposite happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

-Run

Steve

Why did Ainge not go after Redick or any big?  Why does Ainge always sign players he calls athletes with questionable past history of being trouble makers??

Run

Jordon Crawford is younger and a better scorer. Redick can't play d.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

My point is Boston is now 7-20 on the road, Lakers lost Nash, Howard and Gasol for long stretches of games. Boston lost only Rondo and actually played better without Rondo.

Run

If you are going to use numbers, look them up. It looks really bad if you post them wrong and the post you are quoting has them right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Run --- do you have other ideas how to go a notch over .500 ? If you don't have any, maybe STFO but if you have other recomendation..... let me hear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Run --- do you have other ideas how to go a notch over .500 ? If you don't have any, maybe STFO but if you have other recomendation..... let me hear.

Doc and Danny have not addressed the poor rebounding for years now. no rebounds no rings. Wilcox one rebound last night. i was excited about the win streak but this team is going nowhere in the playoffs. if they make the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

Doc and Danny have not addressed the poor rebounding for years now. no rebounds no rings. Wilcox one rebound last night. i was excited about the win streak but this team is going nowhere in the playoffs. if they make the playoffs.

We all knows the anemic rebounding issue -- but I wanna hear from Run if he has other ideas instead bvllzhyting us all the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

We all knows the anemic rebounding issue -- but I wanna hear from Run if he has other ideas instead bvllzhyting us all the time.

Iwa no ue, Che, Iwa no ue!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Che - it is basic fundamentals! A majority of young kids no longer learn basic fundamentals!

A lot of basketball players tend to focus on big baskets, nifty passes, or key defensive plays; but one aspect of the game just as crucial, if not more, is the rebound. Grabbing a rebound at an important time in the game can be a huge momentum changer, and it goes without saying that rebounding gives your team possession of the ball, which makes scoring possible in the first place. Every player from the point guard to the center should know how to grab rebounds in basketball, though naturally post players will be depended on more to crash the boards. Legendary rebounders like Charles Barkley and Dennis Rodman, as well as current beasts like Dwight Howard, were all absolutely instrumental in their team's success. To get the win, you will need to have strong rebounding skills from you and your teammates, regardless of position. As well, you will become a greater overall player if you grow and develop your rebounding.1

Step 1: Box Out and Anticipation  
    1. The first step to getting a rebound on the defensive end, which is where you will grab most of your boards, is boxing out and anticipating where the shot will bounce off the rim. Once you have done both of these things successfully, you will have put yourself in the best possible position to grab the board instead of the offensive player.
    2. Naturally to box out, you need to find your man first. Make physical contact with your man, turn around to face the net, and do your best to put your whole body in between your man and the basket. The goal is to maintain this position up until the shot is released so that you will be closer to the basket and therefore closer to the ball once it bounces off the rim. Keep your man behind you the best you can, using your arms and core strength. Bend your knees and stay on firm footing from the ground up.1
    3. Box out stance involves standing with a wide, strong stance, with your legs apart and your elbows out. The reason why you want to face the basket is so that you don't have to look over your shoulder to watch the ball; also, you want to be able to go right into your jump as opposed to turning around. You don't have to be looking at your man to keep him behind you; use your arms and your body to feel for his position.2
    4. Anticipation is key in knowing where to explode for the board, for both offensive and defensive rebounds. Shots can be missed in four ways; by missing the basket entirely, an air ball; bouncing off the backboard; grazing the rim softly, or bouncing off the rim hard. Anticipate how the shot will be missed by its arc and its trajectory and respond accordingly. Air balls will simply keep falling down to earth in their same trajectory, while backboard shots should bounce off the glass and right towards you. Soft will bounce off to the opposite side from the shot, so you should explode towards that direction and do your best to move over to that side, while hard rim shots will typically go back in the direction of the shooter.2
    Step 2: The Defensive Rebound  
    1. Once you have figured out approximately where and when the ball is going to drop down from the basket, and have done your best to move over into position, get ready to jump. Bend your knees lower and prepare to push off the ground firmly.
    2. Timing is absolutely critical. You want to make it so that the peak of your jump directly coincides with the falling trajectory of the ball. If you don't time your jump well you may risk an offensive player getting up higher than you and snatching the ball.2
    3. Once you have the ball in your hands, your next priority is to protect it at all costs. There will be opposing players looking to slap it out of your hands or otherwise nudge it from your grasp. Do not let them steal your hard earned rebound! Turn your back away from the basket, so you will be facing the rest of the court, as well as your teammates. Use both hands and squeeze the ball in between, with your elbows out and ball close to your chest. If you find it hard to shake off a pestering opponent, move your arms around from left to right to get him off your case. Once they have started going back to their end look for your guard or an available teammate and pass it off.2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

But we all know that rebounding was the problem-- not new to us, i'm asking if you know something we don't know.

We can't box out 'cause there is no rebounder. Defensive rebound? - how can we? we have no rebounder? You can go on and on on rebounding idea and strategy but if the celtics don't have a rebounder,  how can you squeeze the lemon?

Without looking at the summary game lastnight - I think the opponent outrebounded them by 11? So how is  your recommendation possible?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

-Run

Steve

Run

Jordon Crawford is younger and a better scorer. Redick can't play d.

Bosox  Redick has become a very good defender , Crawford is a poor defender by most NBA coaches and writers. So why would Danny not want Redick ?

Run

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Che

Boston could have many good rebounders, could have resigned Steemer only makes 2 million.

Could have played Darko ,left because Doc never played him,even though most agree he played well in pre season. Could have traded for Gortat , Delinbeer or Mozlov but I can't see Ainge looking at any international guys. Portland had a couple of nice 7 footers Myers and Freeman who would have been good rebounders in Boston,but they are not athletic enough for Doc or Danny.

Take care Run

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Could have played Darko ,left because Doc never played him,even though most agree he played well in pre season. Could have traded for Gortat , Delinbeer or Mozlov but I can't see Ainge looking at any international guys. Portland had a couple of nice 7 footers Myers and Freeman who would have been good rebounders in Boston,but they are not athletic enough for Doc or Danny.

Yeah...but that's after the fact. The magic word is "IF" - but these players you suggested cost so much & the C's can't afford it with the exception of Darko who is disgusted and went home.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Steamer left the Celtics to go elsewhere Run......

Watching Jim Boeheim on ESPN the other evening, it was interesting that he made the statement that the kids come out early and don't learn the fundamentals....they don't learn how to play good basketball....hence, in his opinion, both the NCAA and the NBA are paying the price by putting an inferior product on the court nowadays....does anyone remember why Alcinder learned the sky hook back in the day....? ...for those who are too young to remember, the NCAA eliminated the dunk shot to improve it's game back in the late '60's....these kids today rely on their athletic ability not their basketball smarts & talents (see Gerald Green and Marcus Banks as two examples)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Steamer left the Celtics to go elsewhere Run......

Watching Jim Boeheim on ESPN the other evening, it was interesting that he made the statement that the kids come out early and don't learn the fundamentals....they don't learn how to play good basketball....hence, in his opinion, both the NCAA and the NBA are paying the price by putting an inferior product on the court nowadays....does anyone remember why Alcinder learned the sky hook back in the day....? ...for those who are too young to remember, the NCAA eliminated the dunk shot to improve it's game back in the late '60's....these kids today rely on their athletic ability not their basketball smarts & talents (see Gerald Green and Marcus Banks as two examples)

Definitely agree that both the NBA and college would benefit if they had to play in college for at least 2 years.  Even the most talented players would mature and gain more experience if they stayed in college for another year.