C's Big 3 say they couldn't have put it together on same team to win title in their mid-20's... do you agree?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C's Big 3 say they couldn't have put it together on same team to win title in their mid-20's... do you agree?

Wade (28) Bosh (26) and LeBron (25) are about the same age apart as Ray (35) KG (34) and Pierce (33)

SI's Ian Thomsen said tonight on FSNE that our Big 3 recently all agreed that if you put them together at the same ages Miami's guys are now that they were not mentally ready to make the sacrifices needed to win a title.

Really?

They did pretty good as all-stars and the best players on their teams 01-04. They were the same age entering the 04-05 season.

Pierce with Antoine at his side led the Celts to the East Finals in 02 and semi's in 03, those were his 24-25.5 years (Bron turns 26 in December)

Allen with Cassell and the Big Dog led the Bucks to the East Finals in 01 (he was 26) and with Rashard Lewis and pretty much nothing else led Seattle to the West semi's in '05 at age 29 (Wade will be 29 in January)

KG with NOBODY was a one and done in '03 at 27 and with Cassell/Sprewell an MVP West Finals appearance at 28 (Bosh will be 27 in March)

I think it is VERY interesting that our HOFers admit that they would not have destroyed the league in their mid-late 20's... is that sour grapes that they are not 25-28 anymore?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Our big 3 says they couldn't have put it together on the same team in thier mid-20's and won it all... do you agree?

'04-'05 is the year that our Big 3 is closest to Miami's current 2010-11 Big 3.

Entering that season (on 3 seperate teams the year before) our big 3 had these stats:

Pierce:   23 ppg   6.5 rpg   5.2 apg   1.6 spg   0.7 bpg
    KG:   24.2 ppg   13.9 rpg   5.0 apg   1.5 spg   2.2 bpg
    Ray:   23 ppg   5.1 rpg   4.8 apg   1.5spg   0.2bpg

combined: 72.2 ppg  25.5 rpg  15 apg  4.6 spg  3.1 bpg

Bron/Wade/Bosh last year were...  

combined: 80.2 ppg  22.9 rpg  17.5 apg  4 spg  3.1 bpg

Basically even... Bron was an MVP that lost deep in the playoffs to the team that eventually fell in the Finals.... just like KG in '04

Pierce was a one and done on a playoff team that had much more glory in the previous few seasons (although nowhere near Wade's title winner) and was contemplating jumping ship but wanted to stay on the franchise that drafted him

Ray like Bosh was the least glamorous of the big 3 and his club was in the lotto the year before

I am pretty sure that if KG and Ray joined the '04-'05 Celtics that team would have been INCREDIBLE and beaten the veteran Spurs in the Finals

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NineSevenEight. Show NineSevenEight's posts

Re: Our big 3 says they couldn't have put it together on the same team in thier mid-20's and won it all... do you agree?

In Response to Re: Our big 3 says they couldn't have put it together on the same team in thier mid-20's and won it all... do you agree?:
    [QUOTE]'04-'05 is the year that our Big 3 is closest to Miami's current 2010-11 Big 3. Entering that season (on 3 seperate teams the year before) our big 3 had these stats: Pierce:   23 ppg   6.5 rpg   5.2 apg   1.6 spg   0.7 bpg KG:   24.2 ppg   13.9 rpg   5.0 apg   1.5 spg   2.2 bpg Ray:   23 ppg   5.1 rpg   4.8 apg   1.5spg   0.2bpg combined: 72.2 ppg  25.5 rpg  15 apg  4.6 spg  3.1 bpg Bron/Wade/Bosh last year were...   combined: 80.2 ppg  22.9 rpg  17.5 apg  4 spg  3.1 bpg Basically even... Bron was an MVP that lost deep in the playoffs to the team that eventually fell in the Finals.... just like KG in '04 Pierce was a one and done on a playoff team that had much more glory in the previous few seasons (although nowhere near Wade's title winner) and was contemplating jumping ship but wanted to stay on the franchise that drafted him Ray like Bosh was the least glamorous of the big 3 and his club was in the lotto the year before I am pretty sure that if KG and Ray joined the '04-'05 Celtics that team would have been INCREDIBLE and beaten the veteran Spurs in the Finals
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I think the point they were getting at when posed the question is that they couldn't have come together  cohesively at that age having come from a situation where they were option number one. Yes, they all had great numbers being the number one guys in their mid twenties, but would they have been able to sacrifice their numbers, their standings as number one guys, their place in basketball history to come together? They don't think they would have been able to put their egos aside to come together. It's more about that than stats which is why I don't think it's sour grapes at all.

Plus, combining past individual numbers is misleading because they're all but certain to come down in a situation where two to three All-Star caliber players have to share the ball night in and night out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: C's Big 3 say they couldn't have put it together on same team to win title in their mid-20's... do you agree?

"our Big 3 recently all agreed that if you put them together at the same ages Miami's guys are now that they were not mentally ready to make the sacrifices needed to win a title."

I agree...but I disagree using "not mentally ready", I can subtitutes that statement with  "not financially ready".

While young and hot, you need to put yourself in financial stability, meaning it's all about me...me...me....(aka kome) to get a good contract.
    Once you reach the point of being 35 and not winning championship, your r more matured and willing to compromise.

Between the young age of Lebron-Wade-Bosh, egos & contract are tough to swallow & compromise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: C's Big 3 say they couldn't have put it together on same team to win title in their mid-20's... do you agree?

Well, ego will be a tough pill for Lebron to swallow... which is why it seems his teams philosophy resembles the Cavs... in that its Lebron 1on1, dominating the ball. I believe Wade can integrate himself into the right style as can Bosh... but have my doubts about Lebron.  Hes still into posing & flexing and anything else that distinguishes himself from the rest. He still doesnt get it imo.

Now hes got a new commercial to improve his image. "What should I do?" Hes saying hes not a role model and is just being himself but should he change is the rhetorical question.  Hes looking for sympathy and an angle people will buy in to.

Lebron will say all the right things but hes still the same Lebron. The Heat will be good but when the ball is in the hands of one person most of the time for the duration of the 24 second clock... it kind of takes away from the other talent. I mean, how much cn Wade/Bosh do when theyre standing around watching the Goldenboy do his thing.  Not as good if Lebron/Heat learned to play the game the right way and Lebron rachet back his ego a few levels.

happened every year in Cleve and against the C's. When the C's figured how to slow Lebron (hes always shot a terrible % against us in the playoffs) the rest of the team didnt know what to do. They didnt have enough practice playing together cause all they did was stand around waiting for a Lebron bomb, drive or last second assist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think they might be telling the truth.  Being at the end of their respective careers has given all of these HOF-worthy vets a perspective they may not have had earlier in their career when individual awards, pursuit of mega contracts and endorsements and being "the man" was most important.  Winning means everything to them now for their legacy as players and for all to be considered among the best all time at their positions.  The real measuring stick is championships in their eyes I'm willing to bet.  They've done everything else, and now all that matters is championships, even for Shaq who has been there 4 times.     

That being said, who really knows if LeBron and Wade can coexist?  I think LeBron's game is diverse enough that he can be a facilitator as much as he can be a scorer.  I believe he's that good, and I've said once he gets a legit team around him he will win multiple championships.  Miami may not have the horses this year, I think that Miami bench is suspect, but eventually Reilly will surround those guys with the talent they need to win.  It may take a few years, but I think it will happen. 

Of course, LeBron has shown to be an egotistical head case in my opinion, and maybe he and Wade will never be team first guys.  You'll notice that I omit Bosh, I think he's a good but not great player who is along for the ride and that he will not last if he has to play the 5 more minutes than he's used to. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i think the C's would have absolutely won more titles had their big 3 been formed earlier in their careers

that said...the heat will win 3-4 with their big 3

also...while i agree that lebron has a huge ego...he doesnt show it on court...he isnt a ball hog and is one of the better passers in the game...and now his teammates are better...good luck NBA...you surely are going to need it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: C's Big 3 say they couldn't have put it together on same team to win title in their mid-20's... do you agree?:
    [QUOTE]i think the C's would have absolutely won more titles had their big 3 been formed earlier in their careers that said...the heat will win 3-4 with their big 3 also...while i agree that lebron has a huge ego...he doesnt show it on court...he isnt a ball hog and is one of the better passers in the game...and now his teammates are better...good luck NBA...you surely are going to need it
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

You think?

Maybe you should tell Pat Riley to turn off the injury switch. Just like in NBA Live where players never get injured.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: C's Big 3 say they couldn't have put it together on same team to win title in their mid-20's... do you agree?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Big 3 say they couldn't have put it together on same team to win title in their mid-20's... do you agree? : You think? Maybe you should tell Pat Riley to turn off the injury switch. Just like in NBA Live where players never get injured.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    um...ok?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Well,
    the C°s Big Three might not have played that well together from the beginning when they were assembled in their prime, but they would have been better individual players.

I'm not sure if one of these aspects makes up for the other!?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He is a great passer for 3 quarters, then he becomes MeBron.  Time will tell if he can learn to deal with being second banana to Wade....and none of us knows if that will happen or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i would agree with them.  they all had max egos to go with the max contracts that matched the max desire to get endorsement deals on the side, that are often driven in $ magnitude by meaningless (to a team) individual stats.

so let's sit back and watch lebrine struggle with:

1) his ego
    2) reduced stats, reduced endorsement $
    3) his ego
    4) his shot count going down
    5) his public image continuing to plummet

it'll be a couple years yet before the two superstars in miami can make a legit run at the finals.  d-wade is high miles, frequently injured and lebronnie is.... lebronnie- all about himself.  and bosh is softer than baby p@@P