C's brutal schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from roliba. Show roliba's posts

C's brutal schedule

In a span of 50 days the Celtics will play 29 games and 19 of them being away games to end the season.   Thats less than one day of per game with the travel. I dont think this team will have enough gas for the playoff with this years condensed schedule. brutal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: C's brutal schedule

That is why to see them struggling during the last month is so concerning. I expect that this schedule will force Doc to play the bench as the injuries pile up.

The scheduling is some kind of revenge aimed by management on these players that held out too long.  It should have been no more than 55 games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from roliba. Show roliba's posts

during that same span, the Bulls only pay 10 away games and the Heat 13.  They piled up the away games on the Cs.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Too bad Doc wants to win every single game.  Micromanaging instead of looking at the big picture ala Popovich resting starters for certain games will  bite us in the playoffs.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: C's brutal schedule:
    [QUOTE]during that same span, the Bulls only pay 10 away games and the Heat 13.  They piled up the away games on the Cs.  
    Posted by roliba[/QUOTE]

They piled on the home games for Boston to start the season.
    It doesn't matter. All teams play the same amount of road and away games.
    Boston is lucky to play in the weak Eastern Conf.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We should have won the home games we have had  this last six weeks.  Gina your Lakers have been at home even more than the Celtics.  Both these teams will pay in the weeks to come.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics are a good road team. Just get a big man that can rebound and score in the low post and the Celts are good to go.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Who is this big man going to be? What are we waiting for?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Well ....they'll have to s$&t or get off the pot. If they fold....we'll just have to tune in to the beer and chicken boys of summer a little sooner then we plan. Lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Well ....they'll have to s$&t or get off the pot. If they fold....we'll just have to tune in to the beer and chicken boys of summer a little sooner then we plan. Lol
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

I am a big Red Sox fan, but they really haven't made any acquisitions/upgrades that gives me confidence about their upcoming season.  I also realize that trades can be made during the season, but right now I am not very optimistic. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from roliba. Show roliba's posts

The point is that the travel along with the condensed schedule will take a toll on them just before the playoffs.  There is a big difference between playing home and traveling and playing back to back to end the season.  It puts the Cs at a disadvantage especially since they are an older team and it looks like they will have to play all the way until the end just to make the playoffs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's brutal schedule : I am a big Red Sox fan, but they really haven't made any acquisitions/upgrades that gives me confidence about their upcoming season.  I also realize that trades can be made during the season, but right now I am not very optimistic. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    I got a feeling the Sox are gonna be alright this year....especially since Lack Of (Lackey) won't be around. Just a feeling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Beckett has something to prove this year IMO....a healthy Beckett (31), Lester (28), and Buchholz (27) are all potential 20 game winners....Beckett has already done it while Lester and Buchholz have managed 19 & 17 wins....Beckett is a proven post season pitcher (7-3 3.07) and Lester's playoff era is 2.57...that is an impressive top three in your rotation...better than NY IMO...I think they will be fine...if all are healthy and in shape that is ...then there is the prospect of Matsuzaka by mid season?  ...Bard...Aceves...even Padilla in the mix..? ....should be interesting! 

OK....now back to the C's...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The Celtics really blew by coming out the gates slow and lossig all those home games to BAD teams....

Sections
Shortcuts