C's CRUSHED the NETS in this trade!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

C's CRUSHED the NETS in this trade!

Why all the whinning??? DA stole from the the Nets last night, plain and simple. I wish everybody would let go of the sentimental BS and think about what REALLY happened here. The NETS gave us a group of serviceable NBA basketball players and THREE 1st round picks for TWO old getting older, barely hanging on, beat up with tons of mileage, 1-yr left in the tank ballers, and a forced throw in by DA because of JT's bad contract. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THEM TOO! They are HOF-ers and did great stuff in Boston....BUT they ain't worth the money we were gonna pay them, nevermind all the athletes and PICKS we now have. ASSETS BABY, assets! DA took that Russian to the cleaners using good ole' American business sense, and sold HIGH on a low end product. YOU GO DA! The Nets are in trouble by NLT 2015, and have nowhere to go. GOD forbid one of these two grizzled warriors go down this year. What a bad move for the NETS if it doesn't work out to a CHAMPIONSHIP THIS COMING SEASON. Barring another blockbuster, we have a bridge year. But the Celtics are sitting pretty for many years to come thereafter. WATCH......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: C's CRUSHED the NETS in this trade!

In response to RallyC's comment:

Why all the whinning??? DA stole form the the Nets last night, plain and simple. I wish everybody would let go of the sentimental BS and think about waht REALLY happened here. The NETS gave us a group of serviceable basketball players and THREE 1st round picks for TWO old getting older, barely hanging on, beat up with tons of mileage, 1-yr left in the tank ballers. I LOVE THEM TOO! They ar HOF-ers and did great stuff in Boston....BUT they ain't woth the money we were gonna pay them, nevermind all the athletes and PICKS we now have. ASSETS BABY, assets! DA took that Russian to the cleaners using good ole' American business sense, and sold HIGH on a low end product. YOU GO DA! The Nets are in trouble by NLT 2015, and have nowhere to go. GOD forbid one of these two grizzled warriors go down this year. What a bad move for the NETS if it doesn't work out to a CHAMPIONSHIP THIS COMING SEASON. Barring another blickbuster, we have a bridge year. But the Celtics are sitting pretty for many years to come thereafter. WATCH......

+1!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I agree. I would expect Ainge to package some of these picks for players or higher draft picks instead of waiting on all of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I agree. I would expect Ainge to package some of these picks for players or higher draft picks instead of waiting on all of them.

Absolutely.......FINALLY WE ARE GONNA BE THE "YOUNG, ATHLETIC TEAM" FOR A CHANGE!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Love it!!!!

Absolutely.......FINALLY WE ARE GONNA BE THE "YOUNG, ATHLETIC TEAM" FOR A CHANGE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Golden State's average age starting 5 was 23 and they gave the Spurs a battle and with their 2nd leading scorer, David Lee, playing injured. Can't be unhappy with a team full of youth !!!

Heck, Rondo, Avery & Sully will be seniors in the new draftee group.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

don't forget we can swap picks with the Nets in 2017 as well.

So right as the C's swoop back into the playoffs and get pick 18-24. The Nets will be junk with KG and PP gone, Johnson 36-37 years old and DWill 34-35. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Why all the whinning??? DA stole from the the Nets last night, plain and simple. I wish everybody would let go of the sentimental BS and think about what REALLY happened here. The NETS gave us a group of serviceable NBA basketball players and THREE 1st round picks for TWO old getting older, barely hanging on, beat up with tons of mileage, 1-yr left in the tank ballers, and a forced throw in by DA because of JT's bad contract. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THEM TOO! They are HOF-ers and did great stuff in Boston....BUT they ain't worth the money we were gonna pay them, nevermind all the athletes and PICKS we now have. ASSETS BABY, assets! DA took that Russian to the cleaners using good ole' American business sense, and sold HIGH on a low end product. YOU GO DA! The Nets are in trouble by NLT 2015, and have nowhere to go. GOD forbid one of these two grizzled warriors go down this year. What a bad move for the NETS if it doesn't work out to a CHAMPIONSHIP THIS COMING SEASON. Barring another blockbuster, we have a bridge year. But the Celtics are sitting pretty for many years to come thereafter. WATCH......

Amen.  I think Danny pillaged the Nets.  Really do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

I'm rooting for the big 2 in Brooklyn but yea Danny was masterful on this trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Ainge did very well, and the Nets should have a very good team next year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Hopefully this is win-win... PP and KG go deep into the playoffs and the C's get assets (and if the Nets get ot the finals Fierce34 is right - the Nets may also see it as a win as well and not as getting fleeced...).

Guess DA doesn't need McHale to make a potentially great trade...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

As a basketball fan, I'll always choose to watch young players develop over old players declining.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

It kind of reminds me of the Sox-Dodgers trade when they sent Gonzalez, Beckett, and Crawford away for a bunch of prospects.  

Everyone thought it would take the Sox years to recover and rebuild, but they are top of the Majors right now with 49 wins.  The Dodgers have only 36.

The Celtics killed it in this trade.  

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/6/28/4473136/celtics-trade-paul-pierce-kevin-garnett-red-sox

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Yes, and I will also be rooting hard for the Nets next year too!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

The Nets will never lose 10 years ... they will just reload with Luxury Tax spending as the Russian Billionaire doesn't care about $ ... It's all about winning no matter what the cost.

The Fungus is too stupid to even understand what he posted... The Nets are going to do whats necessay to put a title contender on the floor every year... just like they will this year  by virtue of their trade with the C's...

Starting lineup looks interesting

Lopez

KG

PP

D WIll

J Johnson

As impressive as any in the NBA.... but I gotta take a look at their bench now after dishing all those players to the C:s

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Good post, but it's going to be more than one bridge year.  Given what's on paper right now, it's at least two seasons before they even make the playoffs.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

The Nets will never lose 10 years ... they will just reload with Luxury Tax spending as the Russian Billionaire doesn't care about $ ... It's all about winning no matter what the cost.

The Fungus is too stupid to even understand what he posted... The Nets are going to do whats necessay to put a title contender on the floor every year... just like they will this year  by virtue of their trade with the C's...

Starting lineup looks interesting

Lopez

KG

PP

D WIll

J Johnson

As impressive as any in the NBA.... but I gotta take a look at their bench now after dishing all those players to the C:s

The Billionaire will buy a bench if he has to.  He has Terry, Blatch, CJ Watson, and Plumlee.  Not great but not the worst.   I might even see Ray opt of of Miami and go join the boys for more money (LOL).  Someone will join these guys because they'll see opportunity.

You're right, though, that starting lineup is impressive.  We'll get to see KG at power forward, again, without having to defend centers.

I will always be a Celts fan, but I'd like to see the Nets, Spurs, and Clippers do well this coming year.  Anyone but the Heat and the Lakers so yes, Fierce, I'm now a Nets fan, as well!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Nothing is guaranteed, but at least the Russian put his team in a position to challenge for the championship.  I like his move for the near term.  Long term, the Celts have a great deal, but we'll all be irrelevant for a few years, again.  The Nets gave themselves as good of a chance as anyone.  For the near term, they did the right thing - especially given how much money this guy has.   He's trying to win over the seats and sales and cable contracts in the richest market in the US.  He did what was right for him and we got long term assets out of it.   Everybody wins.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts