C's CRUSHED the NETS in this trade!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: C's CRUSHED the NETS in this trade!

In response to soups' comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Why all the whinning??? DA stole from the the Nets last night, plain and simple. I wish everybody would let go of the sentimental BS and think about what REALLY happened here. The NETS gave us a group of serviceable NBA basketball players and THREE 1st round picks for TWO old getting older, barely hanging on, beat up with tons of mileage, 1-yr left in the tank ballers, and a forced throw in by DA because of JT's bad contract. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THEM TOO! They are HOF-ers and did great stuff in Boston....BUT they ain't worth the money we were gonna pay them, nevermind all the athletes and PICKS we now have. ASSETS BABY, assets! DA took that Russian to the cleaners using good ole' American business sense, and sold HIGH on a low end product. YOU GO DA! The Nets are in trouble by NLT 2015, and have nowhere to go. GOD forbid one of these two grizzled warriors go down this year. What a bad move for the NETS if it doesn't work out to a CHAMPIONSHIP THIS COMING SEASON. Barring another blockbuster, we have a bridge year. But the Celtics are sitting pretty for many years to come thereafter. WATCH......

Good post, but it's going to be more than one bridge year.  Given what's on paper right now, it's at least two seasons before they even make the playoffs.

i'm anticipating more big moves even before this season starts, so "on paper" you are right At the moment. More to come........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Oops.  Smartass comment I made about Ray was wrong.  Just read that he opted in to Miami for another year. So, the Nets can't get him now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

It was an excellent trade for the Celtics, Pierce and KG offer nothing of real value to a team like Boston at this point.

I am so happy I don't have to go through another year like last year. It is going to be fun watching young guys play over the next few years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

It was an excellent trade for the Celtics, Pierce and KG offer nothing of real value to a team like Boston at this point.

I am so happy I don't have to go through another year like last year. It is going to be fun watching young guys play over the next few years.

Ditto! Finally athletes fighting for some PT with energy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

Ditto! Finally athletes fighting for some PT with energy. 

Ditto2. I think a lot of doom and gloomers will be surprised when the season starts next year. It will be for sure up tempo basketball again in Boston. RR,AB,JG,JS and Olly and off the bench BB,GH,TW and MB the Celtics will be able to push the ball again. Not having to wait for the elderly to catch up.

Sections
Shortcuts