C's Deserve More Respect from Doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

C's Deserve More Respect from Doc

i LOVE Doc. actually met him once and he was a true gent. he's had his weaknesses but he's dealt well with instilling an identity for the c's, and getting guys with big egos to play together. not great with inspiring rookies but stuff like putting in TWill against knicks was genius. he's also just a good role model and never makes it all about him.

BUT, he's gotta show us a bit more respect. he's on a HOT contract he committed to. we've looked after him. given him love. he just needs to SPEAK. i have to say i'm disappointed. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Re: C's Deserve More Respect from Doc

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Don't sweat the small stuff.

haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i kind of agree. the RA and KG trades orchestrated by boston saved doc's career. we've made him a rich man to boot.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Seriously, the simplest answers is usually the right one!

Doc probably is mostly unaware about this craziness around whether he's coming back or not. Likely when the season begins / next media day event Doc will be saying, "Come on guys! Not even hours after our last game and you're questioning my future? I am under contract and Danny was straight forward about the fact that there was no indications otherwise"

If anything, Doc probably doesn't want to set the precedent of guarenteeing he will be back to coach the next year after the end of each year because he may want to not fulfill the final year or two on his contract.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Doc probably signed that contract knowing he might not make it through the whole deal.  He and Danny probably agreed that he would be here as long as the core of KG and PP (and others) made this team a legit contender.  I think last year showed those days are over.  If Doc is not up for a rebuilding process and he's willing to leave that much money on the table, I have zero problem with it.  It was a good run with him and half of his value as a coach is that he is a good recruiter who guys want to play for.  Forget the X's and O's.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

i LOVE Doc. actually met him once and he was a true gent. he's had his weaknesses but he's dealt well with instilling an identity for the c's, and getting guys with big egos to play together. not great with inspiring rookies but stuff like putting in TWill against knicks was genius. he's also just a good role model and never makes it all about him.

BUT, he's gotta show us a bit more respect. he's on a HOT contract he committed to. we've looked after him. given him love. he just needs to SPEAK. i have to say i'm disappointed. 

I AGREE 100%

HE'S REALLY LETTING AINGE TWIST IN  THE WIND, ISN'T HE ?

AINGE SHOULD GIVE HIM AN ULTIMATUM, IN OR OUT.......DOC IS GETTING PAID TOP DOLLAR AND THE CELTICS DESERVE BETTER THAN TO BE LEFT HANGING. LET HIM LEAVE THE MONEY ON THE TABLE LIKE JIM O'BRIEN DID.

GEORGE KARL IS AVAILABLE AND IT WOULD BE HORRIBLE IF THE CELTICS MISSED OUT ON HIRING HIM BECAUSE DOC WOULDN'T GIVE A STRAIGHT ANSWER.

IF THE CELTICS ARE GOING YOUNG, GEORGE KARL WOULD BE THE PERFECT GUY 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

we've looked after him. given him love. he just needs to SPEAK. i have to say i'm disappointed. 

Who is "we"? In this forum I can't see much love for Doc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

[QUOTE]

I AGREE 100%

HE'S REALLY LETTING AINGE TWIST IN  THE WIND, ISN'T HE ?

AINGE SHOULD GIVE HIM AN ULTIMATUM, IN OR OUT.......DOC IS GETTING PAID TOP DOLLAR AND THE CELTICS DESERVE BETTER THAN TO BE LEFT HANGING. LET HIM LEAVE THE MONEY ON THE TABLE LIKE JIM O'BRIEN DID.

GEORGE KARL IS AVAILABLE AND IT WOULD BE HORRIBLE IF THE CELTICS MISSED OUT ON HIRING HIM BECAUSE DOC WOULDN'T GIVE A STRAIGHT ANSWER.

IF THE CELTICS ARE GOING YOUNG, GEORGE KARL WOULD BE THE PERFECT GUY 

[/QUOTE]

Danny and Doc are doing the right thing....don't react to the pressure of the press.  They'll always stir up trouble asking questions over and over and over and starting rumors.   Doc should only be talking to his boss (Danny) and not to everyone else.   Danny knows where Doc stands and that's all that matters.  

Doc doesn't owe ANY respect to everyone else besides his boss because for all the good he's done - look at the critiism.    He's a great coach very well recognized by others around the league.  Wait until we lose him.   I bet folks will be wishing for the good ole days when we were contenders!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

[QUOTE]

Not many large ego's on the Celts and Pierce  Garnett and Allen all knew their numbers were going down in order to win .   Allen was the only whinner on the team.  He's gone and hopefully without any more rings.
    I'm not a Doc hater but he has no rings since Thibs left.   You have to do a lot to convince me our defence got better after 2008.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2010.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2011.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2012.html

Look at the Celts' defensive rating in 2011 and 2012.

Thibs' last season as a Celtic assistant was in 2010, when the Celts lost to the Lakers in the Finals.

The Celts' defensive rating in 2010 was just 5th.

In 2011 the Celts' defensive rating was 2nd.

And in 2012, the Celts were 1st in defensive rating.

[/QUOTE]

I hope this convinces you.   Doc gave Thibbs a lot of visibility.  In fact, look at the number of assistants who get visibility and coaching interviews and jobs) because of Doc.  In that way, its like Pop, who produced a lot of coaching (including Doc, himself).  

The best sign of a good boss is the people he surrounds himself with!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think it's time that Doc just tell Ainge what he wants to do. It shouldn't matter what Ainge does with KG or PP. Ainge may be doing some preliminary interviewing behind the scenes and has asked Doc to not make an announcement until Ainge has a coach.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If Rivers doesn't trust Ainge to build a team he should pack his bags. and seek employment with a team he thinks is going in the right direction."

Do you trust Ainge? If I'm doc I'm certainly asking hard quetions. Face it, while Ainge built a championship team he couldn't have done it without the help of Celts loyalist Kevin McHale givin up KG on the cheap. That type of option isn't available to Ainge right now - he doesn't have an old buddy in a powerful place and he doesn't have the assets right now either. Doc may not want to rebulid.

Thibodeau should have as much credit as Rivers for the ring  Defense won the last championship not some play from Doc's clipboard."

Hmm you think Thibs just showed up on the Celts doorstep and started coaching. Doc hired Thibs and trained Thibs to an extent, therefore he gets credit for Thibs. That's how it works. In case you didn't notice these guys love playing for Doc and play hard for Doc. 

Admittedly that can backfire (such as giving Rondo too much rope last year), but while Doc gets the blame for that he also gets the credit for the championship. Outside of the bubble that's how most of the world sees it also by the way. 

to the OP: Doc should not drag this out forever but he's earned some weeks to get back on this. Yeah it's annoying on a certain level but it's how things go in today's NBA. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc doesnt owe the C's the respect of showing his hand... this is business and DOc should do whats best for Doc and leverage is all a part of it.  Whatever angles hes using, hes still honoring his contract and thats all that matters..

DA is certainly playing the game as well forbidding other teams ( to this point at least) from talking to DOc about coaching opportunities...

Cat n mouse going on and its all fair game... dont take it so personally. Loyalty in the NBA is just a buzzword teams like to throw around but with extremely rare exceptions, its all bs

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good to know that I won't be accused of being Fungus34 anymore. 

The real Fungus34 finally showed up.

HAHAHA

Im 90% sure Fungus34 is you... youll resort to anything for attention or sympathy.. get yourself some help. I believe you could be dangerous.

25. This post has been removed.