C's escape: Rondo facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

C's escape: Rondo facts

Wow. What an ugly game. The C's escaped. They should have won by 15. Thank you KG. Thank you refs. The Cs gots lots of calls. Sorry, but once again Rondo inconsistent. For all the number junkies: 7-14, 2 rebounds, 8assists, 1steal, 5 to. The stat that does not show up but only if you watch the game: defensive liability. He gets caught many times leaving his man open: which I recall Atlanta hitting 2 back to back 3's to take a Cs 8point lead to 2. Stop leaving your man wide open. Also, stay on your man or at least hustle to recover because when you don't, it leaves our bigs having to cover. And that hurts their legs. It should be an interesting series vs 76ers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: C's escape: Rondo facts

You Rondo haters expose yourselves after games like this.

Rondo shot just as well from the field as the rest of the team, Kevin Garnett notwithstanding. He had an all around solid game. Did he struggle at times? Sure, as did everyone else. But he also didn't make an egregious mistakes, and helped lead the team to a victory.

The fact that you choose to single out Rondo, and nitpick the hell out of him, and completely ignore Bass and his struggles, Pierce's TERRIBLE 4th quarter, and Bradley's offensive struggles, speaks volumes about your objectivity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

4th quarter.. a total no show.... once again. 

No points, no rebounds, no assists. Thats  seems like consistency of sorts to me.

And what exactly happend at the 1:23 mark when R9R was charged with a travel... right under the basket.

Couldn't shoot, couldn't pass, couldn't decide, should have been a layin. What?

Total puzzlement.

Pud 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: C's escape: Rondo facts:
    4th quarter.. a total no show.... once again.  No points, no rebounds, no assists. Thats  seems like consistency of sorts to me. And what exactly happend at the 1:23 mark when R9R was charged with a travel... right under the basket. Couldn't shoot, couldn't pass, couldn't decide, should have been a layin. What? Total puzzlement. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin

What about Pierce, turning the ball over two possessions in a row, coming up short on multiple, open mid-range jumpers?

What about Bass continuing to struggle?

What about Bradley disappearing offensively?

What about Ray missing multiple free throws?

What about Rondo hitting mid range jumpers, shooting 50% from the field, and hitting a big shot prior to half time?

Fact is, you can always find positives and negatives with any given player after any given game. That a certain sect of people here at BDC continue to highlight only the negatives, and only regarding Rondo's play, speaks volumes about their ability to be objective.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

You Rondo haters expose yourselves after games like this. Rondo shot just as well from the field as the rest of the team, Kevin Garnett notwithstanding. He had an all around solid game. Did he struggle at times? Sure, as did everyone else. But he also didn't make an egregious mistakes, and helped lead the team to a victory. The fact that you choose to single out Rondo, and nitpick the hell out of him, and completely ignore Bass and his struggles, Pierce's TERRIBLE 4th quarter, and Bradley's offensive struggles, speaks volumes about your objectivity.
    Posted by vertigho

First off, I don't hate. Secondly, I surely don't hate Rondo. I am tired of fans like you who don't SEE the game. You watch with blinders on when it comes to Rondo. The difference with comparing him to Pierce, at least Pierce continues to work and take shots. Rondo fades away. It appears he is afraid to have the ball during crunch time. I guess he fears going to the line. Why does he continue to hand the ball off to KG at midcourt or Pierce? Midcourt. He is the point guard correct?

How many times did Rondo leave his man wide open which in turn causes the bigs to cover for him? The 2 times I mentioned were critical. How about his baseline up/down travel when Cs down a point. Give me a break. The Cs need Rondo to be at his best if they are to keep advancing. I have said time and time again he has all the tools in his belt, but he just checks out mentally. And if you don't see that, then you watch with blinders on vertigo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

4th quarter.. a total no show.... once again.  No points, no rebounds, no assists. Thats  seems like consistency of sorts to me. And what exactly happend at the 1:23 mark when R9R was charged with a travel... right under the basket. Couldn't shoot, couldn't pass, couldn't decide, should have been a layin. What? Total puzzlement. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin
    pud, u have a point with rr in close 4th quarter games. was calling for him to get benched for dooling or ab at the 4 minute mark. offense should just run thru pp from that point on. rr becomes a black hole. once he passes the ball, other team just collapses in the lane, knowing no way the ball is getting back to him. we should have a pietrus or a quis (loved the logic behind that substitution) over rr. rr is not a CLOSER. he's a good 3 qtr gu

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: C's escape: Rondo facts : What about Pierce, turning the ball over two possessions in a row, coming up short on multiple, open mid-range jumpers? What about Bass continuing to struggle? What about Bradley disappearing offensively? What about Ray missing multiple free throws? What about Rondo hitting mid range jumpers, shooting 50% from the field, and hitting a big shot prior to half time? Fact is, you can always find positives and negatives with any given player after any given game. That a certain sect of people here at BDC continue to highlight only the negatives, and only regarding Rondo's play, speaks volumes about their ability to be objective.
    Posted by vertigho

Bradley is clearly hurt. Should not have been in the game. Ownership on Doc. Allen is also hurt. Missed games at season's end. Rusty. Once again, at least Pierce continues to put forth effort after effort even when he is not doing well. He does not shy away from the moment. He does not check out. Rondo disappears during games. Fact. Almost Lebron James like. I think it is because he is afraid to fail. Look, the Cs were horrible tonight. Which was concerning since they should have blasted this team by 15. I point out Rondo because he needs to be better, he needs to be in the game mentally if the Cs have any chance of advancing. Simple.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: C's escape: Rondo facts : First off, I don't hate. Secondly, I surely don't hate Rondo. I am tired of fans like you who don't SEE the game. You watch with blinders on when it comes to Rondo. The difference with comparing him to Pierce, at least Pierce continues to work and take shots. Rondo fades away. It appears he is afraid to have the ball during crunch time. I guess he fears going to the line. Why does he continue to hand the ball off to KG at midcourt or Pierce? Midcourt. He is the point guard correct? How many times did Rondo leave his man wide open which in turn causes the bigs to cover for him? The 2 times I mentioned were critical. How about his baseline up/down travel when Cs down a point. Give me a break. The Cs need Rondo to be at his best if they are to keep advancing. I have said time and time again he has all the tools in his belt, but he just checks out mentally. And if you don't see that, then you watch with blinders on vertigo.
    Posted by antiqueman1

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You Rondo haters expose yourselves after games like this. Rondo shot just as well from the field as the rest of the team, Kevin Garnett notwithstanding. He had an all around solid game. Did he struggle at times? Sure, as did everyone else. But he also didn't make an egregious mistakes, and helped lead the team to a victory. The fact that you choose to single out Rondo, and nitpick the hell out of him, and completely ignore Bass and his struggles, Pierce's TERRIBLE 4th quarter, and Bradley's offensive struggles, speaks volumes about your objectivity.
    Posted by vertigho

the alarming stat for rondo is 5 turnovers.  also zero free throw attempts- that tells you how aggressive he was on the offensive end = not aggressive.

i was sort of giving avery a mulligan for having a messed up shoulder- i thought he was playing despite needing surgery?

ray was flat out stinko from the field.

bass, once again, was MISERABLE, nay, HORRIBLE.

WHY do we give him 32 minutes every night no matter how much he sucks?

And Steamer gets only less than FIVE minutes?  Is he hurt? 

This next series we are going to need to see more Steamer to try to blanket Spencer Hawes as many minutes as possible so KG can try to operate on short, washed up Elton Brand.  If we put KG on Hawes and let Bass try to "guard" Elton Brand, you are going to see the Elton Brand from ten years ago who was a dominant force. And we will lose.  Take that to the bank.

The questions that micro brained Doc has to ask himself are: is Hollins playing worse defense than Bass?  How about giving Steamer as many freakin minutes as possible so KG can slide over to the four?  I kind of view KG as a credit card these days, same way as I've viewed Ray for years- you can only use it so much before you reach the limit in the post season.

So far, we have used KG VERY HEAVILY and to make him run around against Hawes on the perimeter and down low vs. having KG stick the slow, fat and almost as old Elton Brand would be a MASSIVE MISTAKE.  ALL you have to do Doc is start UPPING Steamer's minutes and DECREASING the defensive DISASTER BAss' time on the floor.

I realize that would be a coaching move, but what the hell, it might even work for us.  Unless Steamer has two broken legs there is NO WAY he should only play 5 minutes tonight.  Ridiculous.

Back to Rondo- this next series against Philly may well define him.  He'll have to tangle with Holliday and Lou Williams.  Those are not guys who you want to go floating around on defense playing pad-my-steals-stats style of D that is just a bad idea to begin with.  By the same token, he's going to HAVE to be consistently aggressive on offense and draw some fouls, I don't care how much he hates the foul line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: C's escape: Rondo facts : First off, I don't hate. Secondly, I surely don't hate Rondo. I am tired of fans like you who don't SEE the game. You watch with blinders on when it comes to Rondo. The difference with comparing him to Pierce, at least Pierce continues to work and take shots. Rondo fades away. It appears he is afraid to have the ball during crunch time. I guess he fears going to the line. Why does he continue to hand the ball off to KG at midcourt or Pierce? Midcourt. He is the point guard correct? How many times did Rondo leave his man wide open which in turn causes the bigs to cover for him? The 2 times I mentioned were critical. How about his baseline up/down travel when Cs down a point. Give me a break. The Cs need Rondo to be at his best if they are to keep advancing. I have said time and time again he has all the tools in his belt, but he just checks out mentally. And if you don't see that, then you watch with blinders on vertigo.
    Posted by antiqueman1

I don't get your point.

I never stated that Rondo played a perfect game -- I said that he had his struggles just like everyone else.

But to criticize him, and only him, and is beyond ridiculous. Every player, with the exception of Garnett, struggled tonight more than once. 

He's human, he won't be perfect all the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: C's escape: Rondo facts : I don't get your point. I never stated that Rondo played a perfect game -- I said that he had his struggles just like everyone else. But to criticize him, and only him, and is beyond ridiculous. Every player, with the exception of Garnett, struggled tonight more than once.  He's human, he won't be perfect all the time.
    Posted by vertigho

I know he is human and won't be perfect, no one is. I just want consistency from him. He is the floor general. The point. He has the abilities to run and drive for layups/and or dish. And since he is the floor general he is going to take a little heat. Sorry, that is my opinion. And I know I don't stand alone on it. The Cs can't afford to have him fade in and out of games. He needs to be more consistent because he is the primary dribbler and disher.  The Cs can absorb a lesser Pierce or whoever if he can remain consistent. They can't do his job. Yet he can easily take over a game if he wants to and do theirs. 

And I am not going by numbers or stats, but by pure observation. Sometime listen to Tim Legler and his explanation of watching a game. It is not always about the numbers.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

yawn

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

see, this is why posters like me and others call you a hater. we won the game, nobody but Garnett played well, why make a post bashing Rondo? you single him out even tho bass didnt play well, pierce didnt play well, Bradley didnt play well, Ray didnt play well. and then wen someone calls u out on it you make excuses for all of those players except Rondo? come on man.

he didnt have a triple double, and made some mistakes, but he was far from awful. if he is so inconsistent, wouldnt you be used to it by now, therefore have no need to make a post everytime he doesnt play perfect?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Here's what the "Rondo hater finger pointers" seems to be missing...again.

The distinction people are trying to point out is while PP may have a bad game, its not because he stopped trying to get his shot off, its not cause he stopped trying to be our #2 facilitator, its not cause hes stopped disappearing when we need someone to shoot the game winner...  its because he wasnt executing properly or shooting the ball well that night. But, fail as he might, he was there trying to do what hes does best and help his team

In Rondo's case, with all the great attributes he can bring to the team...he simply checks out and doesnt attempt executing his skill set as PG. This is what brings out peoples ire.. We dont want to hear how poorly PP was in the 4th... we know he was, but he was still trying to do what he does best for the team... as he usually does. 

Rondo simply DID NOT, as is waaaayyyy too often the case.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Here's what the "Rondo hater finger pointers" seems to be missing...again. The distinction people are trying to point out is while PP may have a bad game, its not because he stopped trying to get his shot off, its not cause he stopped trying to be our #2 facilitator, its not cause hes stopped disappearing when we need someone to shoot the game winner...  its because he wasnt executing properly or shooting the ball well that night. But, fail as he might, he was there trying to do what hes does best and help his team In Rondo's case, with all the great attributes he can bring to the team...he simply checks out and doesnt attempt executing his skill set as PG. This is what brings out peoples ire.. We dont want to hear how poorly PP was in the 4th... we know he was, but he was still trying to do what he does best for the team... as he usually does.  Rondo simply DID NOT, as is waaaayyyy too often the case.
    Posted by Karllost

It is near impossible with some of these posters karllost. They bring up Bradley and Allen. Well, Bradley is hurt and Allen is coming off an injury. Bass has not changed since day 1. And Pierce guts it out. Never shys away. They just only see it as bashing. They watch with closed eyes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

see, this is why posters like me and others call you a hater. we won the game, nobody but Garnett played well, why make a post bashing Rondo? you single him out even tho bass didnt play well, pierce didnt play well, Bradley didnt play well, Ray didnt play well. and then wen someone calls u out on it you make excuses for all of those players except Rondo? come on man. he didnt have a triple double, and made some mistakes, but he was far from awful. if he is so inconsistent, wouldnt you be used to it by now, therefore have no need to make a post everytime he doesnt play perfect?
    Posted by JamezHill24

Ugh. You have your opinion and I have mine. You will never see what I am saying, but I am not alone on this. Once again you acuse hate. That is just wrong. Just read my posts. I forgot a fact for you who live and breath by the facts or numbers. No free throw attempts for Rondo. None. You just don't get it Jamez. Rondo has to be at his best for the Cs to keep advancing. Others will faulter a game here or there, but not shy away. He shys aways. Once again I praise: he has all the tools to be great in all facets of the game. He just needs to be there nite in and nite out for 48minutes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

There is no Celtic teammate nor member of Celtic management nor fellow poster here at BDC that Jamez will not attack/throw under the bus... if it deflects criticism from R9R.

Jamez is incapable of thoughtful analysis of R9R's game... and he gets very hateful toward those who are.

His analysis is strictly emotional.

Regarding R9R's suspension in game 1 against the Hawks, Jamez could only bring himself to say that R9R's behavior was "not optimal."

Beyond that zilch.... and he began lying and attacking my credibility/integrity when pushed to say more.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Here's what the "Rondo hater finger pointers" seems to be missing...again. The distinction people are trying to point out is while PP may have a bad game, its not because he stopped trying to get his shot off, its not cause he stopped trying to be our #2 facilitator, its not cause hes stopped disappearing when we need someone to shoot the game winner...  its because he wasnt executing properly or shooting the ball well that night. But, fail as he might, he was there trying to do what hes does best and help his team In Rondo's case, with all the great attributes he can bring to the team...he simply checks out and doesnt attempt executing his skill set as PG. This is what brings out peoples ire.. We dont want to hear how poorly PP was in the 4th... we know he was, but he was still trying to do what he does best for the team... as he usually does.  Rondo simply DID NOT, as is waaaayyyy too often the case.
    Posted by Karllost

Right on the money Rondo is confounding and it appears it will never change.
    I now accept it he will have moments which show greatness and moments when he disappears.  Either extreme will happen again and again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Posted by Karllost

Karllost, I think you nailed it with respect to the issues many folks have with Rondo's performance and its not "hating".  I love Rondo but he plays exactly how you describe.  On any given night, Rondo is the most athletic, talented and highest IQ player on the court, bar none.  Not Bass or Pierce or KG!  Rondo is simply the "BEST" player on the court but there is something inside that isn't right.  I think he does simply check out.  Or he is just afraid to fail.

In my college hoop days, coach used to talk about two types of possessions that we had to win, critical possessions and end of game possessions, offensively and defensively.  Rondo thrives to take that "end of the quarter/half" or "end of the 24 shot clock" jump shot but is scared to attempt a shot at the rim during a critical possession or end of game possession.  I can't understand that.

When he was under the basket and did an "up and down travel" you had to ask yourself what was he thinking because he had a layup.  And honestly, when Teague received the final inbounds with 2 seconds, Rondo actually bumped him before Teague heaved the 3/4 court shot.  I asked myself, why is Rondo even that close to the guy?  The ref Marc Davis (had he been the ref) would have called a foul on Rondo on that but Rondo should have never been near him to bump him.

Rondo is the best, young, uninjured and capable Celtics player.  The Celtics don't go as Bass goes.  And honestly, the Celtics don't go as Pierce or KG goes.  The Celtics go as Rondo goes.  That is the plain truth.  When he does check out and mentally NOT bring it, it causes us to have to grind out games like last night.

But folks are right, a whole lot of players played terrible last night but none of them are our best, young, uninjured and capable player who "as the Celtics go as HE goes".

I just think our expectations, right or wrong, are so much higher for Rondo because unlike any other Celtics player, he is capable of doing anything he wants to on the court but, for some reason, he CHOOSES not to on too many occasions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Newsflash.

Rondo is a very talented but flawed pg.  He is an excellent passer and floor leader but cannot shoot and tends to freeze up under pressure.

Everyone agree to that?

Cool.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Newsflash. Rondo is a very talented but flawed pg.  He is an excellent passer and floor leader but cannot shoot and tends to freeze up under pressure. Everyone agree to that? Cool.  
    Posted by snakeoil123

Maybe I typed way too much when you summed it up with such brevity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: C's escape: Rondo facts : Karllost, I think you nailed it with respect to the issues many folks have with Rondo's performance and its not "hating".  I love Rondo but he plays exactly how you describe.  On any given night, Rondo is the most athletic, talented and highest IQ player on the court, bar none.  Not Bass or Pierce or KG!  Rondo is simply the "BEST" player on the court but there is something inside that isn't right.  I think he does simply check out.  Or he is just afraid to fail. In my college hoop days, coach used to talk about two types of possessions that we had to win, critical possessions and end of game possessions, offensively and defensively.  Rondo thrives to take that " end of the quarter/half " or " end of the 24 shot clock " jump shot but is scared to attempt a shot at the rim during a critical possession or end of game possession.  I can't understand that. When he was under the basket and did an "up and down travel" you had to ask yourself what was he thinking because he had a layup.  And honestly, when Teague received the final inbounds with 2 seconds, Rondo actually bumped him before Teague heaved the 3/4 court shot.  I asked myself, why is Rondo even that close to the guy?  The ref Marc Davis (had he been the ref) would have called a foul on Rondo on that but Rondo should have never been near him to bump him. Rondo is the best, young, uninjured and capable Celtics player.  The Celtics don't go as Bass goes.  And honestly, the Celtics don't go as Pierce or KG goes.  The Celtics go as Rondo goes.  That is the plain truth.  When he does check out and mentally NOT bring it, it causes us to have to grind out games like last night. But folks are right, a whole lot of players played terrible last night but none of them are our best, young, uninjured and capable player who " as the Celtics go as HE goes ". I just think our expectations, right or wrong, are so much higher for Rondo because unlike any other Celtics player, he is capable of doing anything he wants to on the court but, for some reason, he CHOOSES not to on too many occasions.
    Posted by Petey62

Ok. I have tried again and again to lay it out there. Karllost has done so. And now you Petey. Do you think Jamez gets any of it yet? Enough attacking me. I watch the game. I don't watch the stats column. 

For me, its tough love. If and when Pierce, KG, and Allen are gone, what then for Rondo? If he is the leader how will he lead if he tends to dissappear? As I have stated over and over, he is the floor general. He needs to be at his best or at least be always trying to be at his best for this team to succeed. I am not expecting perfection for that is impossible. 

The Cs can't afford to cover him when he checks out.  No one can do what he can on the court when into the game. The closest, Bradley who is clearly hurt. But no one can run the floor like Rondo. Or drive the lane like Rondo. He has to start believing in himself and not be afraid to fail. It is the only way he may get over the hump. His dissappearing acts are failures. And it only hurts the older guys and this team. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I thought Rondo had a disappointing game. Generally speaking, in big games he has played well. Last night he didn't. 

Of course, no Celtic played well last night except KG, though there were injuries that impacted this. 

I'm not sure I"m clear on the need by antiqueman to single out Rondo yet again, I kinda thought you had made your point. To me, that's the distinction between being critical and hating. Being critical is making your point and moving on, as Petey tends to do. Hating is starting thread after thread to ram the same point home. 

The one thing I think is pretty unfair is to insist that Rondo be totally consistent when that has never been his game. In other words, when he has a terrific game, anti-Rondo folks say, "well, since he can't do that consistently it doesn't count." Wrong - it does. As do his bad games. 

Rondo actually was pretty consistent down the stretch in the regular season. He hasn't played that well in the playoffs. Rondo's test is coming though. The Celts aren't getting past the Heat (assuming they get past the sixers) without Rondo's best series. So, if you guys can just hang on a couple more weeks we should get a very good gut check on where he is at.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I thought Rondo had a disappointing game. Generally speaking, in big games he has played well. Last night he didn't.  Of course, no Celtic played well last night except KG, though there were injuries that impacted this.  I'm not sure I"m clear on the need by antiqueman to single out Rondo yet again, I kinda thought you had made your point. To me, that's the distinction between being critical and hating. Being critical is making your point and moving on, as Petey tends to do. Hating is starting thread after thread to ram the same point home.  The one thing I think is pretty unfair is to insist that Rondo be totally consistent when that has never been his game. In other words, when he has a terrific game, anti-Rondo folks say, "well, since he can't do that consistently it doesn't count." Wrong - it does. As do his bad games.  Rondo actually was pretty consistent down the stretch in the regular season. He hasn't played that well in the playoffs. Rondo's test is coming though. The Celts aren't getting past the Heat (assuming they get past the sixers) without Rondo's best series. So, if you guys can just hang on a couple more weeks we should get a very good gut check on where he is at.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

No worries BTS. I can easily curb these so called Rondo beatings I am accused of (2 discussion threads perhaps where I break his game down realistically and also have praised him along the way). But enough already with this hater mentallity. I don't hate and I dislike the word altogether. I just expect more out of him as the Cs floor general. Sorry if that is too much to ask or for some of you to handle. With his skillset and abilities he can take over a game or series. But for some unknown reason chooses not to. It drives me a bit crazy. If I had those talents you best be sure I would be bringing it every game and not checking out like he does. I would rather he stay checked into games and fail, then simply check out without trying. Simple. GO Cs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I swear people speak about Rondo after maybe 3 negative plays or so. Looking to make one of the greatest PG's like a bust. These are the people that will watch one game in the playoffs and maybe 4 games thru the season and have an opinion. RONDO with out him we dont make the playoffs. IF you remember in the beginning of the season RONDO had fuel and the BIG 3 were just trying to get in to shape. PIERCE had foot problems. Also, Ray missed so many games while RONDO and KG held the fort together. Thank GOD that BRADLEY showed up. Steamer was playing great also, 2 young players that really put in alot of great minutes and very minimal mistakes. RONDOs PROS' outweigh his cons a million to 1. Get over yourselves he is the best point guard the Celtics ever had. Cousy I didnt see and DJ I have to admit maybe a better defender but all around not a chance. You guys are killing a player with so much heart. So he takes risk when he defends. The ones he missed out on OVERBLOWN!!! However every one misses the hundreds he has stolen. Who shows up for the CELTS against MIAMI more than RONDO. ANSWER 0, none. His energy charges the CELTS more than anyone else when they face the HEAT!!! LOOK BACK IN THE LAST 2 SEASONS against MIAMI. WATCH the games he covered JAMES a player maybe the best player in the league. 6 inches taller than RONDO and 90 pounds heavier and RONDO plays him so tough. You guys dont see that. RONDO is the future and the present even if you dont feel he is. I am sorry but RONDO is here to stay. LIKE him or HATE him he is a CELTIC>and my answer is I LIKE him he is a great player. HIS J is coming along and free throws still to work on. But the only pure PG's in the league besides him are PARKER and PAUL. Every other PG in the league are combo guards or really a 2 guard like WESTBROOK and ROSE. IF I need a PG - definition of a PG-great vision, decision making, manage the game and first and foremost is passing the ball get players involved in the last resort become offense if needed. The general on the court in basketball is the PG.

Sections
Shortcuts