C's have a Chance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

C's have a Chance

We have a chance in the playoffs to go to the finals if some things fall our way.
    1.  We have to be playing at our best level
    2.  We have to win the Atlantic
    3.  PP/KG/ RR have to lead the way-RR has to score some and make FT's, PP has to play the Lebrons, Dengs, pretty even (which he usually does) and KG has to rebound and score like he has been doing. (and go inside some)
    4.  RA has to lead the second unit and score.

Don't see any reason all this could happen.   of course I happen to be a huge Celtic fan.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: C's have a Chance

1. Yes
    2. We will, it is more about the 3 seed now than the Atlantic/4
    3. PP/KG can't have a night off (like last year), RR has to be near triple double every night and 80% on FT's, KG needs to avg like an 18-11 and I'd add in a healthy Pietrus helping PP guard LeBron/Deng, Paul can't play 40 anymore
    4. Yes

and even with all that said, I can't see us taking out the Bulls with Rose back after a long battle with Miami

What I can see is a dinged up Heat squad getting very frustrated with the D Bradley (on Wade) PP/Pietrus (LBJ) and KG (Bosh) play while Ray rips the weak Heat bench and we play smarter team ball, some zone, etc.

even then, if its a game 7 in Miami does anyone think the refs will keep it fair? expect a Heat FT parade, terrible call to kill a Celts run, quick whistle technical on someone for no justifiable reason, etc. and a 2nd rd playoff loss

at least we can go down fighting better than last year

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Thanks Fierce

And when I say KG has to avg an 18-11 I need to clarify

Last year he had a 28-18 in a home win game 3, then a 7-10 (in 3 more mins) in the game 4 loss that basically ended the series

So he avg'd a 17.5/14 in those 2 games... but we can't have that again.... if he has any 28/18's left in him, great.... but I'd be happy with 5-6 17/12's in a series. One 24/15 and then a forgivable off-night of like 14/9 in one loss.

He also avg'd just an 11/7 in the 1st two Miami losses last year, off like a weeks rest, ugh. I really can't see us beating Miami 4x unless 3 of them involve those 17/12 #'s.

The one win we had last year he held Bosh to a 6/5. This past weeks win Bosh was a 4/11. Seems pretty clear to me...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

When Boston gets out-rebounded and shoots less free throws then their opponent, will it be the referees fault? I bet it will be...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to C's have a Chance:
    We have a chance in the playoffs to go to the finals if some things fall our way. 1.  We have to be playing at our best level 2.  We have to win the Atlantic 3.  PP/KG/ RR have to lead the way-RR has to score some and make FT's, PP has to play the Lebrons, Dengs, pretty even (which he usually does) and KG has to rebound and score like he has been doing. (and go inside some) 4.  RA has to lead the second unit and score. Don't see any reason all this could happen.   of course I happen to be a huge Celtic fan.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Celtics have a better than average chance to win it all if they are healthy.  They have won it all and know what it takes.  Banner #18 is not that far away!

As Always,

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: C's have a Chance:
    When Boston gets out-rebounded and shoots less free throws then their opponent, will it be the referees fault? I bet it will be...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Gina, if you are shamelessly referencing the game 7 joke spare us, the truth still hurts LA fans, but whatever you got your ring, I'd be embarrassed to ever crow about it, considering even those wihout a bias or an interest in either team knows LA was given a gift

The reboundings issues were the fault of injuries to Perk and KG (never the same since '09), nobody blames the refs for that, we could nit-pick a few blown over the back calls, but I won't bother, the Celts had that game won despite the rebounding disparity

Anybody who watched KoMe shoot 6-24 and the refs bail LA out with phantom non-contact calls OVER and OVER knows the integrity of the game was compromised that day and Stern had an agenda to both make the series go 7 (game 3 cheap-shot Artest injuring Ray and awful officiating to end that game already secured it would go 7) and then 'crown' Kobe (refs 4th quarter hose job secured this) b/c apparently the NBA is all about stars and not team play anymore.

it is not up for debate... Gasol was the MVP anyhow, good luck getting that to go through tho, and the refs brought LA and its weak fans back into the game with the worst calls I have seen since Sac-LA '02. LA's loser fans sat on their hands as soon as their team went down double-digits and stayed that way for half the game... worst fans in sports

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: C's have a Chance : Gina, if you are shamelessly referencing the game 7 joke spare us, the truth still hurts LA fans, but whatever you got your ring, I'd be embarrassed to ever crow about it, considering even those wihout a bias or an interest in either team knows LA was given a gift The reboundings issues were the fault of injuries to Perk and KG (never the same since '09), nobody blames the refs for that, we could nit-pick a few blown over the back calls, but I won't bother, the Celts had that game won despite the rebounding disparity Anybody who watched KoMe shoot 6-24 and the refs bail LA out with phantom non-contact calls OVER and OVER knows the integrity of the game was compromised that day and Stern had an agenda to both make the series go 7 (game 3 cheap-shot Artest injuring Ray and awful officiating to end that game already secured it would go 7) and then 'crown' Kobe (refs 4th quarter hose job secured this) b/c apparently the NBA is all about stars and not team play anymore. it is not up for debate... Gasol was the MVP anyhow, good luck getting that to go through tho, and the refs brought LA and its weak fans back into the game with the worst calls I have seen since Sac-LA '02. LA's loser fans sat on their hands as soon as their team went down double-digits and stayed that way for half the game... worst fans in sports
    Posted by rameakap

The truth hurts for some Celtics fans.
    They blew game 7 when it was their for the taking.
    LA was more aggressive rebounding and taking the ball to the basket.

Boston attempts the 3rd least amount of free throws in the league.
    Referee hatred?
    Just a coincidence?
    No, we know why they shoot less free throws.
    In game 7 of 2010 and in 2012...

That game still makes me smile.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Kobe needs a break. I am fine with him not playing.
    How's that center search working out? Maybe Danny should have given up something for JJ Hickson... Ha Ha
    Still waiting for Kaman to be bought out or Boston to trade KG for Millsap and Jefferson? Funny stuff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: C's have a Chance : Gina, if you are shamelessly referencing the game 7 joke spare us, the truth still hurts LA fans, but whatever you got your ring, I'd be embarrassed to ever crow about it, considering even those wihout a bias or an interest in either team knows LA was given a gift The reboundings issues were the fault of injuries to Perk and KG (never the same since '09), nobody blames the refs for that, we could nit-pick a few blown over the back calls, but I won't bother, the Celts had that game won despite the rebounding disparity Anybody who watched KoMe shoot 6-24 and the refs bail LA out with phantom non-contact calls OVER and OVER knows the integrity of the game was compromised that day and Stern had an agenda to both make the series go 7 (game 3 cheap-shot Artest injuring Ray and awful officiating to end that game already secured it would go 7) and then 'crown' Kobe (refs 4th quarter hose job secured this) b/c apparently the NBA is all about stars and not team play anymore. it is not up for debate... Gasol was the MVP anyhow, good luck getting that to go through tho, and the refs brought LA and its weak fans back into the game with the worst calls I have seen since Sac-LA '02. LA's loser fans sat on their hands as soon as their team went down double-digits and stayed that way for half the game... worst fans in sports
    Posted by rameakap

Beautifully said, for those who can't believe this they just don't know basketball.

The most egregious play in the last six minutes was the phantom foul on Ray that gave Kobe a bail out of three free throws.  People who don't understand that one team could get so many free throws in the final period of a seventh game of a championship just don't know the unwritten rule that you let them play, not one side, but both sides.  The Kings series only proves it happened before.  The Lakers were given mulligans when ever they needed them.  Why? ask David Stern.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

So, you gave up TWO first round picks, basically, for Ramon Sessions, who will opt OUT of his deal at the end of the year, and probably want Rondo money..funny stuff. I never liked Hickson, you have me confused with someone else.  Also, I POSTED NO was going to keep Kaman - so you are wrong on that one, too. I DID suggest KG for Jefferson and Millsap, IN THE PRE-SEASON - after I read it on hoopshype.........I wouldn't take EITHER for KG right now, the way he is playing.  It was an idea - NOT a prediction - like you PREDICTING the lakers would have DH, Stephen Jackson AND Michael Beasley at the trade deadline.  Looks like the mighty lakers are really laying it to the great Hornets today.  Up by 4, the Hornets  have NO Gordon OR Jack and are starting the immortal Jason Smith at PF.................dark days ahead for the purple and gold I'm afraid!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

You seem to forget that the Lakers are saving $20m next year by getting rid of Walton and Fisher. The Dallas pick will probably be kept by Dallas this year. It could be as late as 2017 when that pick is used by Houston.

Name the team that will give Sessions Rondo money.

You make the worst suggestions on this website.
    You read something on hoopshype and you accept it as gospel.
    If you watched more basketball, you would offer better ideas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: C's have a Chance : Don't care how much they SAVE - with Bryant, Gasol and Bynum they are already over the cap. Weren't you saying how you couldn't wait to see how ole Mitchy did with TWO draft picks?  Now, of course, you are backtracking...... Sessions will at least double his pay - and the lakers will pay it - add another 8 million to the mix!!  (I say 8 because Conley makes 7)........the lakers have 63 million committed next year to 11 players, NOT counting the big raise Sessions has EARNED this year.  They'll still have two of the top 7 highest paid players in the league, and will only be able to get the Murphy's and McRoberts of the world to come.  And let's not forget Barnes is a UFA as well.  Think he'll play again for 2 mill?  Loing Hill, but keeping Barnes and Sessions puts them right back where they are - OVER the lux tax. If you knew more about basketball, you'd understand that. I make the worst suggestions on this board??  Really?  At least I MAKE them, and don't just criticize everyone else's.  (yours dont' count, since you are a troll)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Wrong again and what else is new? You're a big bag of wind and let's see how this puppy plays out so I can come back and cherry pick you AGAIN!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: C's have a Chance : How was I wrong, kobeismrnba?   You said wrong again - please explain how I was wrong in that post - since no one belives a word that you write anyway!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I'm implying that you are wrong again.  I'm right more than you think, enough said!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Score RB OFF REB Asst Blcks STls Totals  
    win Boston 91 49 5 21 3 7 85  
    April 1st Miami 72 45 15 15 6 4 85  
        19 4 -10 6 -3 3 0  
    Loss Boston 86 39 4 21 4 13 81  
    aprl 4 SA 87 53 12 17 4 7 93  
        -1 -14 -8 4 0 6 -12  
    Loss Boston 86 36 7 22 2 8 75 Back 2
    aprl 5 Bulls 93 44 14 22 8 8 96 Back
        -7 -8 -7 0 -6 0 -21  

win Boston 86 44 8 27 6 12 97  
    7th Pacers 72 45 10 11 5 8 79  
        14 -1 -2 16 1 4 18  
    win Boston 103 37 1 32 5 6 81 Back 2
    8th Phillie 79 39 10 15 4 10 78 Back
        24 -2 -9 17 1 -4 3  

Totals 56 -21 -36 43 -7 9 -12

I took the statistics of the last 5 games and came to the conclusion that even though over all we got out rebounded, we seemed to make it up with assists and steals.(+43 assists.).the only game we really got dominated statistically is the chicago game, but that could be due to fatigue..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Posted by rameakap

I AGREE 100 PERCENT WITH WHAT YOU SAID BUDDY, IT'S PLAIN TO SEE WHENEVER OUR CELTS LOSE, IT IS THE REFS FAULT. I MEAN, EVERYONE IN NEW ENGLA...ERRR....I MEAN THE COUNTRY CAN CLEARY SEE THIS. NO ONE DENIES THIS!!!!! THE CELTS ARE THE GREAYATEST TEAM EVAH, AND THERE IS NO TEAM THAT CAN BEAT THEM IN A 7 GAME SERIES....AND IF THEY DO, IT'S BECAUSE THE REFS BLATANTLY SCREWED OUR BOYS IN GREEN.

WE ALSO SHOULD BE THE 2009 CHAMPS. IF THE GREAT KG HADN'T GONE DOWN, AND IF THE REFS HADN'T SCREWED US, WE WOULDA WON THEN TOO!

SO ALL YOU MAGGETT FAKER FANS CAN GO ENJOY YOUR TAINTED TITLES, THE REAL 2010 TROPHY IS AT THE GAHDEN. TAWWWMY HEINSOHN HAD ONE SCULPTED FAWW US AND I CAN TELL YOU IT'S BETTAH THAN THE LARRY O'BRIAN TROPHY THAT THE FAKERS HAVE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Sorry, i don't think excel translates well to this board, but basically i took the stats for the last 5 games and came to the conclusion even though we got out rebounded badly ( -21 and -36)Rebs/off/rebs, we made up for in assists +43 and steals...the only game that we really got dominated statistically, is the Chicago game, and that may be due to fatigue overall....and with no back to back games in playoffs, this should help us. The games we won, we seemed to hold our own on the boards, which means we can rebound well as a team, when motivated.

Sections
Shortcuts