C's likely ‘rebuilding’ for next couple years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

C's likely ‘rebuilding’ for next couple years

"I think it's going to be at least a couple more years," said Blakely. "This offseason, their biggest asset was the trade exception. You got Tyler Zeller, okay. Marcus Thornton, okay. And a 2016 future pick. It's okay, but that's not moving the needle. That's not putting you back firmly in the playoff picture."

Blakely believes player development is the best way for the Celtics to rebuild.

"You're going to hope Kelly Olynyk can be Dirk Nowitzki 2.0 and that Jared Sullinger can be Charles Barkley-like or baby Love, something like that. Right now they don't have the assets, the personnel to make that blockbuster move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: C's likely ‘rebuilding’ for next couple years

blakely is a hack...i can't stand him...he is a joke...and we do have assets for a blockbuster..it all depends who we are dealing with.

next year would be the best for a blockbuster..but we do have assets..if we wanted to do one right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Anyway, just thought you might like to know that Ainge has as much knowledge about Flip Saunders' desires as you and I do. Bulpett also reported: "It is important to note the Celtics and Minnesota have thus far never been close on a deal for Love or even been engaged in any meaningful back-and-forth, offer-counteroffer discussion."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/07/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_20_126.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Even though I agree with Blakely's current viewpoint he is the most wishy/washy reporter out there.  I fully expect him to completely change his tune about 3 or 4 more times before the start of the season.  

His "opinion" basically goes whichever way the rumor winds blow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"C's likely ‘rebuilding’ for next couple years"

i THINK SO TOO....with a few 1st pick till 2017, he will explore the pick. His biggest move this season is to get rid of Rondo for a big man....this guarantee!!

On the other side of the token, rebuilding has tons of downside in term of business franchise. If the owner is synchronize with Ainge on rebuilding, there will be no problem in management. The side effect will be the company's profit and decline. Fans hate un-certain rebuilding !! 

Acquiring is the fastest way of winning a ring than rebuilding. You win once, fans are back! Good for business.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think it's another year of tanking.  I expected 2 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

And Boston is one of the few places that a Pro team can lose for a few years and still sell out games, and sell merchandise.  We should take pride that we are the last fans anyone could ever call fair weather.  We won 25 games last year and we were in the top 5 in total earnings in the NBA! That says something very important right there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[/QUOTE]
    THANK YOU DANNNNYYYY!!!
    This team won't be playoff relevant for YEARS to come....book it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"We won 25 games last year and we were in the top 5 in total earnings in the NBA! That says something very important right there."

yeah....someone posted that the Lakers made 100 millions. The Celtics in the top 5 earner of $30. mil --- that's a drop of a penny in a bucket. From 100 million to 30 million drop was way to low even you are in the 5 top earner.

Your business can't sustain loss after loss. So, this year 30 million? You tank another year and you drop to $20 million and you call it top earner?  NBA is not used to be....team left and right are losing money. 

No more tanking for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"We won 25 games last year and we were in the top 5 in total earnings in the NBA! That says something very important right there."

yeah....someone posted that the Lakers made 100 millions. The Celtics in the top 5 earner of $30. mil --- that's a drop of a penny in a bucket. From 100 million to 30 million drop was way to low even you are in the 5 top earner.

Your business can't sustain loss after loss. So, this year 30 million? You tank another year and you drop to $20 million and you call it top earner?  NBA is not used to be....team left and right are losing money. 

No more tanking for me.

[/QUOTE]

It's like that with the Lakers every year. Similar to the Yankees in Baseball. 

"No more tanking from me." Well, then you may have a tough couple of seasons coming your way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Sincerely, how do you get from dumping all their aging team for bad contracts and draft picks and start over, and become a wining team in a year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[/QUOTE]
    THANK YOU DANNNNYYYY!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Your team loses Gasol and Farmar, you can't even keep Kent Bazemore.  You've added Lin and the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and you can come on here and spout this garbage??

18 mill for Jordan Hill?

Nash + koME + Lin = 44 mill on the cap?

Oh, yeah, and how's the "next laker legend "-JACOBY Parker doing?

What a clown!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sincerely, how do you get from dumping all their aging team for bad contracts and draft picks and start over, and become a wining team in a year?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You can't - we took on some bad contracts to get 3 draft picks.  We will lose Bogans and Humphries before the season starts.  We still have Wallace.  After this year, we lose Bass, Anthony, Rondo (maybe) and Green (ETO).

IF all that happens, then starting next year we'll only have one bad contract (Wallace) on the books.

Rondo, of course, is the key!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"No more tanking from me." Well, then you may have a tough couple of seasons coming your way.

We've been rebuilding - tanking & drought for over 20 years - Pitino made it worse ! Not until acquiring Allen & KG and we got the ring for 1 year. It's a teased for us but we are competitive for several years after. Tanking will set you backwards.

.....and by the way TANKING WILL SURELY PUT YOU IN BAD POSITION ALL THE WAY !! Seems the commissioner destined this team to pick from 6 to 16 pick......all garbage pick....not a franchise pick. So, tanking is not sure bet especially if you are a Celtics. The commissioner knew that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Last time the Celts tanked in 2007, the Celts won a championship in 2008.

Without that #5 pick, no Ray Allen.

That also means no KG.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

The issue is "tanking" which to me means losing deliberately, whether set up by management (aka. 76ers) or coaching (aka. M.L. Carr).  I don't see the Celts doing either.  They need to bet on developing their own stars.  Sully becomes a baby Love, Olly becomes a baby Dirk, Smart become a baby Westbrook and Young becomes a baby Batum.  Hope that some of this will happen.

Confidence is an important requirement for this and for that, the Celts will have to try to compete and win every game.  However, this player development is going to take time and I expect a significant number of losses this year.  Which is OK.  Danny is doing a great job of becoming a seller during this buying frenzy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm really not crazy about the word "tanking", sometimes teams just aren't good enough. I'm not saying teams don't "tank" ever, Philadelphia last year was in an excellent position to tank last year. The sixers had a boat load of expiring contracts owed to a bunch of under producing players and multiple probable high draft picks they had every reason to tank. We just weren't good enough last year.

I thought we could've snuck into the playoffs if everything came together but it didn't. Did anyone watching last year remember a game where they  said; "HMMM the way we lost looked kind of fishy"? Probably not. The fact was we were farther behind than planned by the time AB came back, JG was not as good as hoped, Rondo didn't heal as fast as some, Jordan Crawford was as bad as advertised, Sully played hurt half of the season. We weren't tanking, we just never came together as planned because everything that could've went wrong did,so we didn't "tank" we just weren't good enough.

We were hoping for some big moves or change in luck to have happened by now but they haven't. I'd rather DA wait for what he wants than to make a deal for the sake of making a deal even if it was a lateral move. I'm good with that. We made some good though not WOW moves and there are still some moves to be made but, probably not the fireworks we'd hoped but we should field a better team than last years. We were in almost every game last year, unfortunately of those 60 winnable games ( up or within 5 pts with 3:minutes left ) we only won 16 of them. 16-44 is really bad but to look on the bright side the other 22 we were 13-9.

We should be a better team than last years and we may get in the 7 or 8 th spot in the East if something's happen or maybe not but I really don't think we're going to be as bad as possible just to possibly get a better chance and getting a maybe good player in the draft. If we aren't doing well I could see a few team changing moves to load up for next years FA crop. I as fan would rather root for a team that is going as far as it can than goes through the motions until it is a favorite to win it all. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You can't - we took on some bad contracts to get 3 draft picks.  We will lose Bogans and Humphries before the season starts.  We still have Wallace.  After this year, we lose Bass, Anthony, Rondo (maybe) and Green (ETO).

IF all that happens, then starting next year we'll only have one bad contract (Wallace) on the books.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are done and will not sniff the playoff for several years and it may be double digit years before they become relevant again!  Enjoy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are done and will not sniff the playoff for several years and it may be double digit years before they become relevant again!  Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

The last known existing Laker troll.

If you knew what was going to happen in ten years you wouldn't be trolling boston.com.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Thank you, Nostradamus.  If this prediction is as correct as your guarantee that DH would re-sign with the lakers, or that you would draft "new laker legend" JACOBY Parker......then I'll take it.  For, you see, we all know your knowledge of the game doesn't stack up to regular posters.  You are just a lonely gong in the desert trying to be heard.

Hope you enjoy the Pillsbury Dough Boy before he hurts his foot again!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

"T - A - N - K, TANK, TANK, TANK!"

TANKAPALOOZA, PART DEUCE coming at ya

Folks, lightning is NOT striking twice for this edition of the C's...there will be no "fireworks" this off season...there will be no Lovey Dovey coming here just like Melo didn't come here, just like LBJ did not come here...nobody wants to play with Rondon't, at least not HERE in Boston, and maybe we'll get VERY lucky and DA will send his rancid rear end to Houston or anywhere else where we won't have to deal with his moods and ball hogging any longer.

But please, unless and until something concrete happens, please stop all this rumor mongering.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[/QUOTE]

Tankapalooza 2

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[/QUOTE]
    THANK YOU DANNNNYYYY!!!

[/QUOTE]

Dude,  look in the mirror. The Lakers had all this cap room and who'd they sign? Lin?

Great job Jimmeeeeeee!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Celts will not intentionally lose games.

By tanking it means player development.

No way Brad Stevens will intentionally lose games.

Also, tanking means not signing the likes of Spencer Hawes and Anthony Morrow.