Cs make promise to draft...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Cs make promise to draft...

A pg, Dennis Schroeder

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/5/30/4382158/rumor-celtics-made-promise-to-draft-dennis-schroeder

The rondo clone.   

Im surprised that da would make a promise in a draft where they may be a few sliders (like sully last year). Y commit when you dont even know what players are gonna be available?  What if a guy like shabazz is still there at 16 and now we cant select him cuz weve made a promise to this kid?

Not to mention a promise to a pg and not a center. Are they that confident with melo? REALLY?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Cs make promise to draft...

In response to gman101019's comment:

A pg, Dennis Schroeder

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/5/30/4382158/rumor-celtics-made-promise-to-draft-dennis-schroeder

The rondo clone.   

Im surprised that da would make a promise in a draft where they may be a few sliders (like sully last year). Y commit when you dont even know what players are gonna be available?  What if a guy like shabazz is still there at 16 and now we cant select him cuz weve made a promise to this kid?

Not to mention a promise to a pg and not a center. Are they that confident with melo? REALLY?  

Makes me believe that #16 is getting exchanged for #21.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

You think hes made the promise on behalf of the jazz? Possible, Utah does need a pg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

You think hes made the promise on behalf of the jazz? Possible, Utah does need a pg.

Fits in with the Millsap sign and trade idea.  Danny is probably looking to upgrade at 2 and 4.  Millsap is an upgrade over Bass plus Sully will be back.  I suspect that both Lee and AB will be gone in an attempt to improve at 2.  KG may talk his buddy, Chauncy Billups, to sign for a vet min.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Losing bradley would sting. I agree that millsap is a def upgrade over bbass, but Id like to give sully 30-33 mpg and getting millsap would def cut into that.

Id rather get ANY of utahs other bigs, Big Al, favors, kanters.

Big al can play both the 4 and the 5. He is a better post scorer and rebounder.  I dont even think we could get kanters or favors unless rondos involved.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If the Celts are going to do a sign and trade with Utah, it better be Rondo for Al Jefferson, not Millsap.

Why, I don't understand.  What is so good about big Al?  And when did Rondo's value plummet to this level.

Milsap makes sense because he will be an upgrade over Bass.  And he will be cheap to get.  Danny can then focus on upgrading at 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Losing bradley would sting. I agree that millsap is a def upgrade over bbass, but Id like to give sully 30-33 mpg and getting millsap would def cut into that.

Id rather get ANY of utahs other bigs, Big Al, favors, kanters.

Big al can play both the 4 and the 5. He is a better post scorer and rebounder.  I dont even think we could get kanters or favors unless rondos involved.

Big Al makes the most sense.

KG, Big Al, and Sully as the 3 bigs for the Celts is better than David West, Hibbert, and Mahinmi.

Have you guys seen Big Al play defense?  The days when KG could cover for others are gone.  Millsap is an excellent position defender and is better than Bass at scoring and rebounding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If the Celts are going to do a sign and trade with Utah, it better be Rondo for Al Jefferson, not Millsap.

This would be the move to make. I like Shroeder...he is a Rondo clone hopefully without the attitude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

A pg, Dennis Schroeder

The rondo clone.   

Promises are made to be broken

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/22/iowa-state-royce-white-promise-celtics/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I prefer taking Milsap.  If, as reported, KG returns, we won't need Big Al.  KG will get the bulk of minutes at the center spot.  With Big Al, KG would be forced to return to PF where I can't see him playing effectively any longer.  KG's days as a PF are gone.  He cannot defend many of the PFs today so he's best suited playing center.

He's too slow and no longer can defend away from the basket as effectively.  Also, the teams that matter play a smaller unconventional PF and KG just cannot play against those guys (James, Melo, Josh Smith, etc.).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

could mean lots of things. could mean the rondo to NO idea has wheels. we won't know til draft night or later. should be an interesting summer!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I prefer taking Milsap.  If, as reported, KG returns, we won't need Big Al.  KG will get the bulk of minutes at the center spot.  With Big Al, KG would be forced to return to PF where I can't see him playing effectively any longer.  KG's days as a PF are gone.  He cannot defend many of the PFs today so he's best suited playing center.

He's too slow and no longer can defend away from the basket as effectively.  Also, the teams that matter play a smaller unconventional PF and KG just cannot play against those guys (James, Melo, Josh Smith, etc.).

Disagree Petey.  KG is old and injury prone.  Less wear and tear at the 4.  Plus clogging the middle and more boards are two items recent C teams have been lacking in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

For once I agree with Fierce.  No Way the Cetics move key pieces for Milsap, another under-sized PF. Especially when PF is our strongest and deepest team position.  The only way that happens is if the Celtics are thinking of moving Sully, which wouldn't make much sense.  

The first priority is a big man.  I don't think Big Al is the ideal long term answer either, but he would be a major improvement.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

From the moment KG took over the center spot last year, his fate was sealed.  There is not much you can get out of KG at the PF position.  You won't get rebounding because at PF, he'd go down low even less than he is forced to now while playing center.  If we put KG back at PF, he may as well be playing small foward-strictly jump shooting.  And I honestly believe he's just way too slow to defend today's athletic PFs.

As for the number of PFs on the team, I first off don't count KG as a PF anymore.  He's a center, an all star one at that.  Milsap is the one thing at PF we've haven't had, since KG.  Milsap would be the best PF we've had since, KG.  With Sully you have a slow, non-athletic (get alot of shots blocked) PF who relies on smarts and body positioning for his success.  Bass had the PF explosiveness but he settled too much on his bread and butter - the mid-range jump shot.

Mlsap is a beast on the interior.  He has a motor, brings energy and can score and rebound.  Sully MIGHT develop into that kind of contributor but I think it's too early to expect that out of him in just his second year as well as knowing he's coming back from back surgery.  And Bass is a backup at best that the Celtics SHOULD look to move as soon as possible.

I think we'd see a slow, defensively-challenged team with Big Al and KG manning the interior.  KG cannot guard today's PFs like West, Melo, James, Boozer/Gibson - he's too slow.  KG needs to be posting at center, sitting back making calls and stepping up from the center spot.

What we need is an interior presence, some rebounding.  I honestly think Milsap scores and rebounds sufficiently to fill that need.  It doesn't have to be a slow, plodding center like Big Al.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

I doubt this is true.  Schroeder's agent must have a promise from a team in the top 12 picks.  Dallas is going to draft the German kid if available.  There is not doubt Dirk knows everything about this athletic freak.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

For once I agree with Fierce.  No Way the Cetics move key pieces for Milsap, another under-sized PF. Especially when PF is our strongest and deepest team position.  The only way that happens is if the Celtics are thinking of moving Sully, which wouldn't make much sense.  

The first priority is a big man.  I don't think Big Al is the ideal long term answer either, but he would be a major improvement.

Completely agree. Just curious why Jackie McMullen continues to bring up Millsap's name... this is certainly not the first time. Maybe she just personally is high on him, or heard Danny mention him once and its stuck in her head. Just curious.

I sort of like Millsap next to KG IF he can put up consistently 10-10 and maybe stretch to 15-10 in the playoffs AND if those 10 rebounds free's up KG to become a 20ppg guy. If KG stays, Doc has got to get him to look for his shot more. The jumpshot is the last to go, and it streches out the defense. I think all the pressure to rebound is hurting KG's offense. 

I also think everyone on this board is hesitant on Millsap because, lets be honest, there should be no difference between Bass and Millsap. They are the same body. Bass is the better jumpshooter, Millsap the better rebounder. But its hard to be convinced that Millsap is worth twice what we pay Bass, for literally the same undersized PF body. I think Millsap balls harder, but its difficult to quanitfy that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

R9R, I cannot believe you are comparing Brandon Bass to Paul Milsap.  The ONLY thing they have in common is their body types.  That's it!  There is a HUGE difference between Bass and Milsap.  Do you really believe there is no difference between the two?

You are a very knowledgeable poster but I cannot believe you can even remotely compare the two.  We, as Celtics fans, tend to overvalue our players and I get that.  But Bass and Milsap are in two different categories.  Milsap is a proven starting PF in the NBA, without a doubt.  Bass, at best, is a backup PF who does NOTHING but shoot the mid-range jumper.  Because the Celtics have been forced to play him at the starting PF does not mean he is, in fact, a starting PF.  He is a decent on ball defender WHEN HE PUTS HIS MIND TO IT but he falls for the pump fake much too much for my liking and he oftentimes gets caught out of position on the defensive end.

Bass has no hands, he cannot rebound and is a terrible passer.  He's not a scorer and he makes nobody on the court better when he's playing.  It is ludicrous to compare Bass with Milsap.  Milsap is on another level than Bass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'm with Petey........we need to try to get this guy....Bass can sit at the end of the bench if we do!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If it was Bass and a future pick for Millsap fine, Bass and Bradley? No thanks.