Cs make promise to draft...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Cs make promise to draft...

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If the Celts get Millsap then Bass MUST GO!

I still say Big Al is the better option to go along with Sully as the starting frontcourt of the future.

C - Big Al

PF - Sully

SF - Green

Just draft another defensive Center to replace KG.

Didn't we do that last year......lol?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Schroeder will NOT get past the Jazz anyway, they have no PG!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rather have Larkin...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

From the moment KG took over the center spot last year, his fate was sealed.  There is not much you can get out of KG at the PF position.  You won't get rebounding because at PF, he'd go down low even less than he is forced to now while playing center.  If we put KG back at PF, he may as well be playing small foward-strictly jump shooting.  And I honestly believe he's just way too slow to defend today's athletic PFs.

As for the number of PFs on the team, I first off don't count KG as a PF anymore.  He's a center, an all star one at that.  Milsap is the one thing at PF we've haven't had, since KG.  Milsap would be the best PF we've had since, KG.  With Sully you have a slow, non-athletic (get alot of shots blocked) PF who relies on smarts and body positioning for his success.  Bass had the PF explosiveness but he settled too much on his bread and butter - the mid-range jump shot.

Mlsap is a beast on the interior.  He has a motor, brings energy and can score and rebound.  Sully MIGHT develop into that kind of contributor but I think it's too early to expect that out of him in just his second year as well as knowing he's coming back from back surgery.  And Bass is a backup at best that the Celtics SHOULD look to move as soon as possible.

I think we'd see a slow, defensively-challenged team with Big Al and KG manning the interior.  KG cannot guard today's PFs like West, Melo, James, Boozer/Gibson - he's too slow.  KG needs to be posting at center, sitting back making calls and stepping up from the center spot.

What we need is an interior presence, some rebounding.  I honestly think Milsap scores and rebounds sufficiently to fill that need.  It doesn't have to be a slow, plodding center like Big Al.

He can  replace PP's pts at this stageI really like his game...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'd rather have Carter-Williams, but he'll be gone!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Absurd !

MAKING A PROMISE TO A POINT GUARD NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF ?

HOW MANY BIGS ARE THE CELTICS GONNA PASS ON ?

MILSAP ? JEFFERSON ?  THESE GUYS ARE 8-10 YEAR VETS , THIS IS NOT THE VISION DANNY AINGE HAS SOLD US ON......

SO WHAT'S THE GOAL ? TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN AND MOVE UP TO THE #6 SPOT ?

WHO CARES MAN !

SO THEY'RE DRAFTING A POINT GUARD ?  THAT MUST MEAN RONDO IS GONE.

IF THEY WANTED A YOUNG EURO POINT GUARD THEY SHOULD HAVE WENT ALL OUT AFTER RICKY RUBIO !

I DON'T GET IT.........