C's MUST BE 8th SEED to WIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: C's MUST BE 8th SEED to WIN!

they are beatable....but the celtics have their own problems to worry about first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

disagree because the league will not allow the Heat to go out that early

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I know it is counter-intuitive, but the only chance the C's have to win the EC is to play the Heat in the 1st round by finishing 8th. With 3-guys in their mid 30-s, and already looking tired, the sooner we play them, the better. I don't believe we can go a full round with another team, then have any real chance at beating them. I know, we gotta get there first, and we will........Thoughts?

Chance to win ?? Want to buy some land in Florida.... What part of Stink don't you understand?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I know it is counter-intuitive, but the only chance the C's have to win the EC is to play the Heat in the 1st round by finishing 8th. With 3-guys in their mid 30-s, and already looking tired, the sooner we play them, the better. I don't believe we can go a full round with another team, then have any real chance at beating them. I know, we gotta get there first, and we will........Thoughts?

I like this team, I like every Celtics team, but I don't see any way possible they can beat the Heat. 

I understand why you say that. But, to be able to "see" anything, you must have vision. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE SNAKE! Remember.....? The reason most of us watch them play is because we believe in that statement, especially when we've seen it happen many times over. The C's do have a chance at winning the NBA Championship, as unrealistic as it may seem. So I say again, what would be the best path for them to get there that COULD provide them with the best chance? .................You will never be struck by lightening either!

My point is, because I don't think the Celtics can beat the Heat, is that it would be best to avoid them for as long as possible and hope that someone else can knock them off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Listen folks...keep the faith. I have seen much more dominate teams NOT win the title.

I watched NC State beat Houston, Villanova beat GT, an 8th seed beat a 1 seed, Celtics go on the road and beat LA in 7, Celtics come from 3-1 down to Philly and win the series.

I honestly believe all these wins the HEAT are getting will be their detriment. They aren't playing a series where teams adjust. This isn't going to end well for the HEAT...meaning they will not with the Title. I'm not sure who will beat them...maybe us, but it's not ever as easy as they're making it look right now. It's going to be a shock and Bron will have to answer to why they didn't win it.

(Keep this message)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Listen folks...keep the faith. I have seen much more dominate teams NOT win the title.

I watched NC State beat Houston, Villanova beat GT, an 8th seed beat a 1 seed, Celtics go on the road and beat LA in 7, Celtics come from 3-1 down to Philly and win the series.

I honestly believe all these wins the HEAT are getting will be their detriment. They aren't playing a series where teams adjust. This isn't going to end well for the HEAT...meaning they will not with the Title. I'm not sure who will beat them...maybe us, but it's not ever as easy as they're making it look right now. It's going to be a shock and Bron will have to answer to why they didn't win it.

(Keep this message)

I hope that you are right about Miami not winning this year.   The Celtics have difficulty winning on the road so it isn't going to be easy for them to even win 1 playoff series this year.  I hope that they can turn things around for the remainder of the season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

This team is fatally flawed. It's stars are old and can't carry the team anymore.  It's younger players are enjoyable to watch but are not stars and can't compete with the star players on other teams.  I would love to see this team win as much as any other C's team but its going to be very difficult.  Then there is the rebounding issue or lack of that kills this team every game no matter how hard they play.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Wow. There sure are a few people on this thread that think the Celtics are contenders! Who knew.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Wow. There sure are a few people on this thread that think the Celtics are contenders! Who knew.

Anything can happen, but right now we are falling, where we end up nobody knows.  Garnett if out, could see us even fall out of the playoffs.  I think the gameness of the personnel we have out there now has overachieved.  We have no real three point shot presence and without us being lights out in that area we can't win with the small team we have out there.   Defense has been inconsistent because we are overmatched with our small group of players.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to nyfan11's comment:

I agree. Facing the knicks would not look for you guys.  We would kick your @$$.

What?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

8th seed would be the worst they could get.  Miami will sweep this team.  7th seed will get them the Pacers, and they won't fare much better there.

Boston needs 6th seed at least to get out of the first round.

Sections
Shortcuts